1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG wanted out, so why didn't we let him in?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hydhypedplaya, Jan 3, 2008.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Two ways you know it's still early in the NBA season: 1) the date itself reads 1/3/08 and 2) I was watching KG hit big shots last night.

I'll stick with Yao, thanks.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ugh...another stupid thread, how about we focus on the team we have now and stop whining about crap that can't be changed

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am with you, man, but the Timberwolves wanted to rebuild.

Only way that works, is if we get Ray Allen with KG, move to the East, and trade away our young players and draft picks. The Timberwolves are rebuilding and seeking cap relief and young players.

For cap relief, Juwan Howard take the place of the Celtic's Ratliff. We do good there.

In terms of young talent, we didn't match up with the Celtics.

Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, and Sebastian Telfair
    were better than a package of
    John Lucas III, Spanoulis, Steve Novak, Kirk Snyder, Luther Head, and Chuck Hayes

Timberwolves are bad at trades, but they aren't that easy to fool.

4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Just swap Yao's supporting cast, let's rematch IN HOUSTON.

History proven KG needs two really good and TOUGH players to be successful.

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

This is a great topic. Anyone without Yao blinders can clearly see KG is better than Yao in virtually every aspect of the game. You think KG would let T-Mac slack off or cruise in games? Hellls no. KG would scare T-Mac ****less. T-Mac + KG sounds a lot more intimidating than T-Mac + Yao. Hell I'd trade Yao for Boozer straight up.

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Are you kidding me? Yao is a jump shooter. He probably takes that fadeaway jumper or elbow jumper 70% of the time. Give me a break. KG > Yao

7. Astockmarketgod

^ LOL

says the TMOF.... now we need KG on this team to make our LAZY ass leader.... MCLADY not slack off...

:rolleyes:

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i'm not a TMOF or any player's OF. im an unbiased fan with unbiased observations....i know thats shocking around here. :cool:

9. Astockmarketgod

you sure about that?

Yao is what he is... big unathletic stiff....everyone knows that... but you attack him for that...

but yet you seem to think its okay... for Tmac to "slack off or cruise in games"

so your thinking is... if we have KG.... he will turn Tmac around... after 11 seasons of doing the same thing....

10. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I'm ever so glad we still have "Yao for KG" threads. I was just thinking, "Hey! You know what ClutchFans needs? More Yao for KG!" And BOOM. There it is. Your wisdom speaks volumes, sir. And they way you so eloquently said
    Brilliant. And your choice of all caps? STUNNING. I'd swear I was reading Yeats if the BBS didn't tell me otherwise. Just simply brilliant.

11. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Umm instead of the sarcasm why don't you tell me how I was wrong in saying KG is better than Yao in the categories that i listed in CAPS?

LOL. You obviously do not watch any basketball if it does not involve Yao Ming playing.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Swap KG and Yao. You think KG can lead this group without Tmac? KG got hot at the end.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

KG is a career 49% shooter, and Yao is a 52 percenter. Yao scores more than KG at this point. You like bigs that can take shots close to rim.

Not saying Yao is better than KG though.

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

jump shooting bigs suck even when they can make them or they are MVPs like Dirk and KG.

thats why Duncan got 4 more rings than KG.

The best center of this league will never be jump shooters like big z, Okur, Miller,... and now adding Yao, who can not even actually hit those jumpers.

15. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I totally agree with your logic here, but you have to look at all the other things KG brings to the table that Yao will never have. He can assert his will on ANY game, dominates the glass and the defensive end, and has just as much, if not more, heart/dedication/work ethic as Yao.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am with you that KG>Yao. Yao ain't nearly as versatile and athletic as KG.

You lost me with this comment, though. KG's fg% is better than Yao's at point blank range. KG's overall fg% is lower than Yao's, because he takes so many jump shots away from the basket. Yao takes way more shots inside. Add up all those shots on the perimeter for KG and then compare it to the miniscule amount that Yao has taken. KG has taken hundreds of more jump shots.

Just inside the 3pt line. Yao has taken 26 shots. KG has taken 422 shots. That's a difference of almost 400 shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

KG>yao

18. ilomse

ilomse Member

lol rocket twin towers

19. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

KG is 6 inches < then Yao
    KG is 100 lbs < then Yao

Not much is < this thread.... :rolleyes:

20. choujie

choujie Member

Imaging Yao is winning big in Boston with healthy and motivated Ray Allen and Paul Piece, KG is stuck in Houston with injuried and disinterested Tmac, the same guy might make a "Why did we trade Yao away" thread, just like those "why did we let JVG go" threads.