1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kandi in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carlit0, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Nellie

Nellie Member

It does when you are saying the Clips would deal both him AND Kandi in exchange for the #1 and ******. It also does when dealing with contract negotiations which he will be up for next year.

Yeah, Cuttino talks pretty tough for a team that won only 28 games last year. That is taking it in the butt.

2. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Some owners really look at this as a business only with slight hope to win a Championship, while making some money.

Most contenters normally look at it the opposite way.

There just has to be a balance.

Cheap owner(Clips)

Owner that believes money can buy anything(Blazers)

Both of these extreme, will always have a very difficult time winning the Championship. (Mainly due to player egos against each other or towards management.)

#22 carlit0, Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  3. Nellie

Nellie Member

Just trying to offer some objectivity because you don't have much of it on this site. I was told that this was a great site and that representation of all NBA teams was welcome. Did I hear wrong on this?

4. Timing

Timing Member

I'd rather have Miles than the 8 and 12. Seems we're taking on a monster question mark in Odom and a player that just isn't that great that wants the max in Kandi. Basically the Clips would be unloading a bunch of headaches for the #1 pick. Why help them? Throw in Miles and you got a deal. ;)

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, you did not hear wrong, just be respectful and you will get along fine.

As for being objective, there is NO way that Denver would trade NV Exel and Lafrentz for Juwan Howard....NO WAY DENVER DOES THAT DEAL !!!

You see how objectivity is not always right?

:)

DaDakota

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I think it's kind of hilarious when a Mavericks fan comes in here telling us what the #1 can and can not get in trade when Dallas managed to pawn off Laettner and fill for Howard and then turn Howard into LaFrentz and Van Exel.

Before you critique what our players are worth in theory, how about you take a long consideration of how Laettner and chump change turned into La Frentz and Van Exel.

Maybe the hidden message is that only Mark Cuban knows how to deal? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

#26 GATER, Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  7. Live

Live Member

Just a few things:

1. Consider the source, that site sucks!

2. Consider the source, that site sucks!

3. Consider the source, that site sucks!
    ;)

4. 'Kandi is a restricted FA trying, in all likelihood, to get the best deal possible (MAX, anyone?) from the cheapest team in the league. Can you say 'POSTURING', boys & girls?

8. Nellie

Nellie Member

In all fairness, I was respectful. What does not trying to be rude say to you?

As for being objective, there is NO way that Denver would trade NV Exel and Lafrentz for Juwan Howard....NO WAY DENVER DOES THAT DEAL !!!

You see how objectivity is not always right?

:)

DaDakota
    [/QUOTE]

Well, you got me there. I will say this though, that deal would not have happened in the offseason. That was a one-time fire sale this was done out of panic at the deadline.

9. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

The Rocket Guy knows nothing about the Rockets. Tell me one of his rumors that became true. I find it kind of funny when he posts the most on his own board and people follow and believe in what he says.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was going to say somethig to that effect timing. Mayb we can work out a Kandi, Miles, 8 and 12 for the 1 and Kt.

Miles is pretty good for a 22 year old. In about 2 years he will be a star.

11. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Personally, I thought all of the above comments were pretty funny (except the "taking it in the butt" addition to the valid point about a 28-game winning team), but I think you can see how some people might think you were being a smartass.

No problem with bringing a little realism to our pro-Rocket fantasyland, but if half of your first twenty-something posts are poking fun at others, you should expect that some people might get smart with you right back. Especially if you're a stated fan of a divisional rival.

But I found more than a lot of truth in your posts and hope you stick around. Clearly, you know a little bit about hoops.

p.s. I thought RocksMillenium made a valid point about NJ. If I were you i would have responded to it by pointing out that it's much easier to go from rags-to-NBA Finals in the East than in the West -- before I chose to question the integrity of the board.

12. Nellie

Nellie Member

I am beggining to think that GATER doesn't value opinions other than his own. Go back and read my posts again. Never once did I say what you could or couldn't get for the #1. I commented on scenarios that were posted and offered an objective thought on what I saw. It sounds more and more to me like you just don't like objectivity.

13. Nellie

Nellie Member

The "butt" comment was in response to Cuttino's "butt" comment. Refer to the signature for Rock(something) that also happened to respond to one of my posts. That is where that came from. I'm not real prone to using that comment to often.

14. Possum

Possum Member

Number 1 Kandi is average at best and want a big contract. Odom has been injured or in trouble for the last year now. Why wouldn't Sterling jump all over this deal?

Number 2 you talk a pretty tough game for a fan of a franchise who historically hasn't done jack. Getting to the playoffs is great and Dallas looks good on paper but they haven't done or proven anything yet.

15. Nellie

Nellie Member

Funny, I don't recall talking about the Mavs well, at all since I have been over here. You must have some made-up information.

16. mfclark

mfclark Member

Not to mention that he is a free agent and cannot be traded until well after the draft, thus assuming each team will pick players in the draft that the other team wants. And does anyone think the Clippers want Houston's bad contracts in return for Kandi? They'd rather let him walk....like they did with Taylor and Anderson.

Not gonna happen, this deal.

17. TexasG

TexasG Member

I don't understand why so many people on this board (not just you LAfadeaway33) are so concerned with how a player might feel if he's traded. Take Francis, and Mobley for instance. You fans are dead set against trading Mobley (even if it would make the Rockets better) just because Francis might "get upset that they traded his friend". Francis (or any other player) should be more concerned with winning, and helping to improve the team rather than who he's playing with.

In my opinion the Rockets could get HUGE value by packaging the #1 pick, and Mobley for proven Superstar talent. But that will never happen because Francis might get mad.

18. Outkast9000

Outkast9000 Member

STOP THE CRAZINESS. Okay say we do the Odom/Kandi #8 and #12 and we keep the #15 pick we pick up four decent to franchise players. If we don't trade it we get the biggest question mark in league history and a decent, maybe eventually a franchise player at #15. Ming is not the answer people. Get Butler at #1 or trade down and get him at #3 if you want someone who can contribute on both ends and be a superstar eventually. MING IS SOFT, MING IS A HEADACHE, MING WILL LEAVE THE TEAM AFTER THE CHINESE MAKE SOME DOUGH OFF OF HIS JERSEY SELLS.

c

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I sometimes read some of these posts and explode laughing. "Mo Taylor to the Clippers in a trade" had me rolling and stupified all at once.

20. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Yes, you most certainly did say what the Rockets could or couldn't get. From your very first post in this thead:

"You guys crack me up over here. Again, speaking as an objective outside of the Rockets fan camp, why would LA want to do this deal? Do you realy think they want to give you Kandi and Odom just because Sterling has a history of being cheap? If your hopes rest on that you might be disappointed."

Sterling has a history of being cheap the same as it is documented that the current Nuggets are loading up on cap room (the reason they took Howard).

I value the opinions of everyone here, but all opinions (including my own) must pass the test of logical consistency. Even though I prefer Ming, the possibility of Kandi and Odom is no less likely than turning Laettner into LaFrentz & Van Exel.

Yes, we do expect Sterling to continue to be cheap. Have you got a logically constructed argument to the contrary? Do you have a reliable source stating the he wants to keep or Max Kandi? If not, then your opinion is no more valuable than any other posters and we shouldn't be subjected to "You guys crack me up over here".