1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kandi in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carlit0, Jun 3, 2002.

1. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Kandi is starting to talk...He wants to be in Houston!!

DOES EVERYONE LOVE HOUSTON?: In the ongoing rumor saga of the Houston Rockets; the latest evolution, may be one that fits the Rockets needs the most and also jive with what coming from the other side. League sources say that Michael Olowokandi may have expressed interest in a sign and trade to the Houston Rockets, a team in similar straights as the Clippers, but one with a better history of keeping teams together. There have been ongoing talks that Kandi was be leaving LA for greener pastures, which would be difficult considering LA has said they would match any offer given him, as he is their restricted free agent. It still becomes a question of do you want to MAX out a guy who doesn’t want to play for you, and this may fit the talks coming out of LA, with regards to interest in moving up to take Duke’s Jay Williams, who would be long gone when LA selects at #8. Some have linked Lamar Odom to the Rockets but Clippers sources, and officials continue to say moving Odom is not in the plans, but talks of a deal with Houston do appear to be taking place, if even just as an introduction. Its not clear what would be involved, but it is very clear that a deal could not take place until well after the draft (July 15th at the earliest Kandi could be signed) Given the Rocket’s players desire to see the #1 overall turned into a more ‘proven’ player, and talk continuing of Clipper interest in Williams, this may be a situation worth watching.

Advantage Rockets

I still want Ming. But if Ming is not the real deal, and this can be only predicted by CD and Rudy. (I will respect their decision whichever it is)

Jay Williams maybe to much for the Clipper to pass up on. Odom and Kandi do not want to be in LA, and Jay Williams is pretty cheap. Sterling's perfect situation.

Karuse is really going to start geting really nervious now. All this must be further helping the Rockets get something from the Bulls if the Kandi or Odom deal does not go through.

Nice recuiting by Cat and Stevie, and never forget CD and Rudy. This is why everybody loves Houston!!!

#1 carlit0, Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

How about Mo T and the #15 for Kandi and a 2nd rounder? If Odom loves Mo so much , then send the fat b*stard to LA.

We aren't going to get a center as good as Kandi at #15 and thi way we either draft the best player available (J Williams) or trade down to the 3 and take Butler. Perhaps the #1 for Fortson and the #3

Kandi
    Fortson/Eddie
    Eddie/Butler
    Cat
    Steve

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

uhh NJ... you might have read that wrong..

LAC is expecting JWill if they are going to S&T Kandi....

I wouldn't pull the trigger on this unless they cough up Odom.... I'd send #1, #15, fillers to LAC for Kandi/Odom - that solves our SF and C..

...BTW... Griffin is a four guys !! .....

ALSO NOTE: hoopsworld.com, formerly known as bskball.com

:rolleyes:

4. Possum

Possum Member

...BTW... Brand is a four!! .....

5. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Mo Taylor back to the Clippers :confused:

6. Nellie

Nellie Member

You guys crack me up over here. Again, speaking as an objective outside of the Rockets fan camp, why would LA want to do this deal? Do you realy think they want to give you Kandi and Odom just because Sterling has a history of being cheap? If your hopes rest on that you might be disappointed.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How does this solve our C problem
    KANDI SUCKS!!!
    He is Cato +
    But still a CATO type

Rocket River
    Contract year players . . no more

8. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I hate the idea of the Rockets getting Kandi and Odom for our number 1, Neither guy was worthy of a top 10 when they were drafted 1st and 3rd, Please guys this deal isnt for us!

It doesnt improve us at all, we will be in the lottery next year as well if this deal is done!

THANK YOU

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Obviously the only way we could possibly get Olowokandi is if we trade Cato for him or if we found some other way to get rid of Cato. I would only take Kandi if he signed a contract for a fraction more than Cato's and Kelvin was no longer on the Rockets. Otherwise, I don't want anything to do with the bumb.

10. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

If we pass up on Ming for a guy who was pretty much a bust until -- surprise! -- he played decently the year before he became a free agent (I'm talking about Kandi), i'm going to be really, really pissed.

Kandi is barely un upgrade over Cato.

11. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Odom and Kandi and Mcginnis are all looking for big money. And do not want to be with a owner that does not spend money. Which equals no future championship!!

IMO this is perfect for Sterling. He does not want to pay Mcginnis neither, plus he can get rid of Odom and Kandi which are leaning toward leaving LA anyways.

Add Jay Williams to really build around Brand, Richardson, Magette and Miles. This is still a a nice team.

Basically the Clips trade a good center (wanting a great players paycheck and not happy in LA) for a potential superstar PG JAY at (Lottery Rookie Contract) to replace Mcginnis which is looking for Moochie type money. Odom has been replace or will be replace by Magette and Miles. Odom in a trade will get Clips more trading chips to find a replacement center.

I can see Sterling doing this.

12. carlit0

carlit0 Member

It is hard to imagine now, but maybe CD and Rudy could get Brand and Odom from the Clips somehow instead of Kandi.

13. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

YEa its a heck of a deal for the CLIPS you get rid of 2 scubs for the 1st pick in draft, duh I wouldnt think twice ;)

These guys will not get us closer to championship, not at all

14. Nellie

Nellie Member

Maybe although it seems to easy. Have you heard that Odom wants out of LA or are you just speculating? My impression is that Odom has liked it in LA and that he, Darius, and Q are best buds.

15. Nellie

Nellie Member

Not to seem rude or anything but you guys got a long way to go before talking about getting close to a championship. Why don't you get Francis some playoff experience first.

16. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I know it's a little bit beyond Mo's control but I doubt he would like the thought of going back to the Clippers.

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Didn't I read somewhere on this board or in one of the threads that the Rockets didn't want Kandi because it would be a lateral move at center? Basically they said they would add Kandi to the team, and they wouldn't even trade Cato for Kandi, basically having Kandi take Cato's role?

<b>Maybe although it seems to easy. Have you heard that Odom wants out of LA or are you just speculating? My impression is that Odom has liked it in LA and that he, Darius, and Q are best buds.</b>

It doesn't matter what Odom wants, the Clippers have shown interest in trading him.

18. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I dont want to be rude either, but if a team isnt shooting for a championship....then why are we even worried what the hell we do, if we dont a championship lets send the 1st pick back and tell um to give it to someone with a vision!

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Not to be rude, but it's possible for a team to go from rags to riches. You could have said the same thing about the New Jersey Nets last year.

20. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Seriously. If we ship Mo back to the Clippers (he'd probably rather play in Europe before going back there), no free agent will ever sign with us again.

Yeah, I know, that's an exaggeration, but you get my point.