1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J.' Benching Has NOTHING To Do With His Performance!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 15, 2017.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

100% agree with the Brewer comparison. But this thread is about KJ.
    Brewer shouldn't be playing full stop. But as several insiders had previously posted, he's been played to basically showcase or shop him.
    The real question is how long do they continue to do that before it becomes a real detriment to the team effecting results and playoff standings.
    Truth be told, I feel sorry for KJ. But I don't see his future being with the Rockets and hope we trade him soon to somewhere where he can be utilised. Seems like a really good kid.

2. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Thank God for the IGNORE feature- that means I won't have to see anymore of this nonsense, right?

ABS likes this.
  3. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

why is it that Brewer is still playing and KJ is not?

This is why - Corey doesnt look lost on D.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/5

RK NAME TEAM GP MPG ORPM DRPM RPM WINS
    35 Corey Brewer HOU 58 15.9 -1.62 1.11 -0.51 1.53
    40 K.J. McDaniels HOU 29 7.3 -1.58 -0.75 -2.33 0.11

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

He is a good guy? Did you know he like a post of a lady who thinks cops should die?

5. ABS

ABS Member

That was not his thinking, I assure you. It's much deeper than the "Lady" herself.

6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

What? I never said it was the lady he was supporting but rather her thought.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Is ABS, Dei's new persona?

8. ABS

ABS Member

Again, it's much deeper than what you thinking, man. Look, Im Black just like K.J., If you're White, then you can see I have no problem interacting with you as a fellow American.

But what Mychal (or Michal..??) did to those Dallas Officers, I understand the point Mychal tried to make in that ordeal. I support him for the same reason K.J. does but like myself, I gaurantee K.J. doesn't have a racist bone in his body.

Some of his closest people that he trains with during the offseason are White People, man. He's not what you think.

This is just something where you have to be Black to understand, which is why I don't like talking about this on a basketball forum. If it was a political forum, that's different. And I would say something about it if you brought that up on a political forum and make sure you understood where I'm coming from.

Our support for that is out of a reactionary, defensive method to get an evil force to STOP killing us. And that's all Im gonna broach on that topic.

Lets stick with basketball, man. K.J. is a decent citizen of America. He's patriotic like any Conservative Patriot.

9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

They are going to showcase him until the last day of his contract. What a charitable organization the Rockets are. Teams are worth 100's of millions of dollars. You don't think they will research Brewer fully before trading for him? What are they showcasing? That he isn't worth his contract?

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Never said I agreed. But I'm sure that's what has been posted by a number of people.
    Maybe Morey can plug and put some showcase together (youtube video maybe) of Brewer's highlights including his 51 pts against us.
    I think it's doing more damage by showcasing him (if that's what we are in fact doing).
    It didn't make sense last year under JB and it makes even less sense now why he's getting minutes.
    Anyway, this ain't a Brewer thread. So I'll shut up now.

11. ABS

ABS Member

Haha....youtube highlights of Brewer, man? Smh...but yeah, I hope they bait on it and take him.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I am so freaking excited to learn about how much KJ loves his mom and dogs. I have been saying for YEARS that the lousy relationships our small forwards have had with their moms have really hurt our team. From my analysis, we could really be onto something if we do these 3 things:
    1) Increase the number of dinners our players pay for their moms significantly!
    2) Score more points
    3) Hold the opponents to fewer points - that underlined part is critical and often confused.

So d*mn obvious. WTF, Morey?!!!

ABS likes this.
  13. ABS

ABS Member

Ha...I gave you a "like" for potential sarcasm that was beginning to be funny but not enough "umf" to make me lol.

14. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

KJ just isn't that good......................nice athlete but he isn't that great of a basketball player. Why do people here constantly over rate bench players

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Harden has 1 already covered, think.

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Morey's got to do something! Cause the way Brewer's playing, I doubt Morey's getting any calls from anyone. Unless Jackson wants to continue the comedy act he's running up there in NYK.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

It is definitely hard to top your posts for laughs.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The percentage that a black American slays a fellow black American vs the percentage a cop that unjustly slays another black American.. lets compare these numbers. Lets go to Chicago and take a survey. In his eyes he see cops as killers therefor some need to be put down to send a message. By that logic then black people should be put down for every other black they slay too. Of course this thinking is dangerously wrong. The cops in Dallas were randomly targeted, they had their own lives, own families.

If you want to save black lives lets start with the places that it is impacted the most, black on black crime in the inner cities. KJ thinks it is okay to send a message to a group by killing a different person of that group and that is just wrong. The killer randomly selected those individuals. He didn't know if any of them could have been a beacon in the black community by donating their time and efforts to helping out said community.

I will never support KJ because he feels the way he feels. The goal is a color blind society and yet everywhere you turn we are putting people into groups based on ethnicity. I hope one day we can get past this.

Also I believe I read here on this forum somewhere or saw in an interview that the reason MDA does not give KJ playing time is that he lacks defensive intensity. If I remember correctly it was actually asked in an post game interview why he doesn't get playing time and that was his answer or something to that effect.