1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J.' Benching Has NOTHING To Do With His Performance!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 15, 2017.

1. ABS

ABS Member

And us Rox Fans need to STOP saying that. There is no truth to that. Nor did D'Antoni ever say anything like that as to why K.J. is stuck to the bench. It has everything to do with Morey and the number game.

The guys with the bigger contract must play. This is why K.J. can never take Brewer' minutes no matter how much Brewer stinks it up, game after game. His rotation spot is a lock because he makes 7.6 millions while K.J. makes 3. And you can't let that kind of contract just sit on the bench without bringing back an investment......which isn't s***, by the way.

And the reason K.J. can't supplant Dekker is something out of his control. Hmm hm.....yep. From Daryl Morey, himself. And it has essentially reduced K.J. to an intriguing trade assets. And we, as Rox Fans, should make a stink about it and make sure Morey knows that we do not appreciate how he derailed K.J.' career with the Rockets.

Yep, Morey did it!

You look at his highlights when he was with the 76ers, there is NO WAY a guy with that kind of athelicism and game should be on the bench! He's not a head-case. He's a coachable guy. He doesn't get in trouble with the law or fights in the clubs etc. In fact, he's a Momma' boy.

A good guy. Even treats his Mother out to restuarants. They are close. And defended his mother in his Philly days when her "fangirl ethusiacism" caused alot of unwanted problems with the team and fans. She used to get carried away and go overboard rooting for her son and the team.

And a Sport Reporter would bring that up to K.J.' attention after games, and he would simply say,

"...she's my Mother (smile)".

And who is he to go against his Mother? So, he's a good guy and you guys should get to know K.J., the person. He loves his dogs, too. Got about 6 or 8 of them (rot weilers) and treat 'em like his own sons and daughters. Good guy.

For Morey to pull this stunt against K.J. is disingenous and a sore look on our reputation as an organization. I always tell people, it not the Rox way of treating players. It's Morey and him alone!

But I want K.J. back in the rotation after the All-Star break if we do no trades. Brewer a** must SIT! and Dekkee should have half of his minutes taken away from him and rendered a bible verse:

Job 1:21

"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh."

And amen! And Dekker should say, "blessed be the Lord" and humble himself. What was done to K.J., no decent guy should have to experience that crap. Im furious my Rox did this to him. But if there is something we can do, I say we should chant for K.J. at home games.

Why not?

It will get Morey's attention for his deeds against K.J. When Brewer is walking over to the scorer table, we should immediately chant

"We want K.J.!!.....We Want K.J.!!......We want K.J.!!

I mean, why not? Right?

#1 ABS, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Fawkward and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Quit making threads plz.

Already KJ threads.

34to11, Deckard, da_juice and 12 others like this.
  3. ABS

ABS Member

This is different, though. It's not about a trade but about a wrong done to an innocent guy. I had to do this thread, man. I had to. Morey cannot just get away with this stuff, ya know?

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

NO MORE THREADS from you

Due to trolling and/or race-baiting ignorance

5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

WTF are you, man? KJ's agent or something? These seem like some real BBholic style alternative facts here and stuff, man. I'm going to have to pass on this because it seems like there is nothing coherent here worth the dudes time, I have better things to do.

[​IMG]

adw, douglasreedy1, D-rock and 14 others like this.
  6. ABS

ABS Member

Lol.....but don't pass on this, buddy. K.J. can really help the Rockets more than Dekker. Trust me on that.

7. ABS

ABS Member

That's unfortunate, man. Get to know me. I never told a lie in my life. And never had a dishonest bone in my life, either.

8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Mrs. McDaniels?

D-rock, Williamson, 13 in 33 and 3 others like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only problem with KJ is that he is enormously stupid. You gotta play him with Harden or he is useless.

10. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

So which is it: Brewer is playing because he makes more money? Or is it that Dekker, who makes less than KJ, is playing because he's white? Or does Morey only allow cheap players to play if they are white (unless it is Montrezl or Capella)?

Get a grip. The one guy who has consistently supported KJ is Morey -- he is still on the roster after coach-after-coach refuses to play him because Morey holds out hope. Coaches make playing decisions, period. KJ doesn't play because KJ is not a good TEAM player. People who think otherwise are watching a few isolated offensive plays and/or can't understand the difference between on-ball defense and team defense. Money and racism have nothing to do with it.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Oh nice, rockets players do post here after all!

13. Rockets4Life13

I think that KJ sucked when he was given garbage time. So i understand why he is benched but we should probably give him more chances, especially in blowouts e.g against phoenix. Play him with the starters or even the 2nd unit in games like that. It is a no risk medium reward kind of scenario because we literally couldnt lose that game anymore at one point.

hvic likes this.
  14. Chamillionaire

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

All he had to do was outplay essentially a rookie Sam Dekker and a terrible Corey Brewer. He got outplayed by Dekker, and didn't differentiate himself from Brewer much. That's just on the court. With all their shortcomings, you can tell Brewer and Dekker are guys that work their a$$ of in practice and in their own time, and we don't know if KJ is like that too.

This is the 3rd different coach under whom he has not gotten minutes. It's a joke to think Morey wouldn't want a young player on a cheap contract to succeed, that would be the most unMorey like thing to do.

You have to understand, Brewer is one of the worst rotation guys in the league right now. If that's the only person you can barely beat out, you are pretty useless still. Yes I think KJ should have all of Brewer's minutes because at least there's a chance KJ will slightly improve with minutes whereas Brewer is Brewer for life. But KJ's disappointing comparison with Brewer has made me not give a F, and frankly a little let down. I used to blame the coaches, but then there were 3 coaches. I used to blame Morey, but Morey has nothing to gain from letting KJ expire.

It's on KJ. He has athleticism, he has early career experience on an NBA team, and with the Rockets he has had a coaching staff that has done pretty well developing young guys. When he was getting minutes in preseason and early season, he should have left Brewer in the dust and outplayed Dekker clearly. He didn't do it. And his game doesn't look any different than he looked as a Sixer. And there are players who improved without playing time, case in point Sam Dekker. You can't be a person who can only get better by being given minutes that other people have earned over you. We are LOOKING for a competent athletic backup SG/SF. There is no excuse for why he can not hit 36% of a decent volume of 3's at this point in his career, he does not do anything really well to compensate, except jump high. He's not a good rebounder, not a good defender, not a good ball handler, not a good mid range shooter, not good at getting to the line. For him to not be hitting 3's, he would have to be an all round wrecking ball and defender like Michael Kidd Gilchrist, and he is not that. Dekker and Brewer play like every minute might be their last minute in the NBA. I've NEVER seen that from KJ and I truly feel let down by that. I wanted him to do that a prove he belongs.

Tough for KJ, but we are the 3rd best team in the league. We can't revolve around his career. I wish him luck, I would have loved to see him flourish here. I'm sure this is tough on him personally and mentally, but it's not the Rockets' fault. It's not about him being a good/bad guy. I'm sure he's a great guy, and so is Brewer, and so is Dekker. They re-signed him, which means they believed he would flourish.

BasketballMind, adw, D-rock and 12 others like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's how you do it, OP

17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

You play the guitar on the MTV?

Yep, that's the way you do it, OP.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This thread is weaker than Kj's bball IQ

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

When you suck you don't play. Doesn't seem complicated.

acsorelle4 likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member