1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J.' Benching Has NOTHING To Do With His Performance!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The only thing I want to add is : seems to me OP smoked way more weeds than you did.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

A few miscellaneous points after reading through this thread:
    • KJ's highlights with the Sixer are indeed impressive. Then again, so are Anthony Bennett's. In fact, you could put together an impressive highlight vid of almost any NBA player. Those plays look so good because they're highlights.
    • There's a valid reason why Morey treats players like assets: Because that's EXACTLY what they are. These guys get paid too much to worry about their "feelings and humanity." If free agents can switch teams and say, "It's just business, man," then why hold GMs to a different standard?
    • KJ's only minutes as an NBA pro have come on a team that was bad. Horribly bad. Horrendously bad. Borderline historically bad. It's no surprise that he can't get PT on a team that has a few actual NBA players on the roster.
    • Coaches play the guys who give them the best chance of winning, and thereby keeping their job. Period.
    • KJ has never been benched with the Rockets, because in order to be benched, you'd have to be playing regular minutes first.
    • OP should be sent back to the Vipers until he can learn to start a decent thread.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You people are better than me in actually discussing basketball and logic with this guy. When he has NO intention of making this about basketball sense. Its favoritism followed with CONSPIRACY THEORIES, reaching for any silly conclusion such as "The Man" keeping KJ down.

Here's example of sharp "observation"
    Just totally making sh** up. And contradiction in the same post - The NERD GM who's WHOLE image is revolutionizing DATA & NUMBERS in PLACE of "just watching guys"....Then says that GM handpicks favorites based on PURE VISUAL?

And critical words like "unathletic", "sturdy not agile", "Nerd", "Reverse Affirmative Action" etc... Its quite clear you have resentment to "majority race" in charge in favor of ... "Increased Urbanization" of players. This is more grasping and pathetic than usual #Free(Player) threads

topfive likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Quoted the bible, likes a bench warmer... Lin fan who forgot their old member name and joined Friday only to post 20+ times a day of utter crap. Awesome, this guy will never get banned. No way.

topfive likes this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

His defense is meh, his offense is meh, it has a little bit to do with his performance. Just a little.

The only thing this Rockets team wants to do is WIN. D'Antoni wants to WIN. If KJ was critical or even beneficial to that end he would see time. You don't play Dekker because he brings cheese to team practices.

topfive likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

THIS. I'm convinced the only reason KJ's still on the team is because he makes a mean margarita.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

People keep saying Brew has pictures of Morey or JB or D'Antoni with another woman, I think it's KJ. Not sure what we saw there other than raw athleticism, but between those pics and his marg skills I gotta believe that's why he's still here.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude! You're going round the bend, man. Stuck in a tree without a ladder. Sitting on the toilet and you just ran out of Charmin. Got a hot date and forgot to do the laundry. One could go on. Not only that, you can't spell *******! Try to relax. Whatever is going on with KJ will sort itself out, or KJ will get moved and another team will decide whether he's worth playing, or not. Were it me, I would have waited until after the deadline to post anything resembling this thread (with improved spelling?). If KJ is still here, with the answer to that being maybe, maybe no before the deadline, and he continues to get a sore butt from sitting on the bench, then you might consider complaining. Since you are a new member, complaining in an existing thread might be the preferred tactic. You don't want a rookie tag under your moniker, do you? Those can last for years. No joke.

topfive likes this.
  9. ABS

ABS Member

"It's no surprise that he can't get PT on a team that has a few actual NBA players on the roster."

Explain how it's no suprise he can't get P/T if the criteria is that he can't shoot 3s better than Brewer/Dekker.

Brewer 3-point %:

- 23.7%

Dekker 3-point %:

- 32.9%

K.J. McDaniels 3-point %:

33.3%

K.J. is higher than both Brewer and Dekker. What's the problem??? Don't say it's his defense because K.J. is Head and Shoulders better than Brewer/Dekker COMBINED!

"Coaches play the guys who give them the best chance of winning, and thereby keeping their job."

Well, based on the criteria that MDA would expect, as well as the fans keep saying it's about shooting 3s, K.J.' 3-point stats proves otherwise. K.J. is known as a Defender though, and MDA said that's what will earn him some P/T.

K.J. exceed expectation in that area and yet, got yanked from the rotation. Even when he shoots 3s better than Brewer/Dekker and could have improved much better by now if he wasn't yanked from the rotation. therefore, HE WAS BENCHED BY THE ROCKETS.

And other intangibles is that he plays well with Harden. That's makes him the perfect player to replace Ariza on the depth chart as K.J. has the right tools to duplicate what Ariza does and go further with his athelicism and ability to get to the rim better than Ariza/Brewer/Dekker COMBINED!

Your argument is WEAK AS S***, man. Have a seat and be quiet for coming to a debate with a filmsy knowledge of the players and the game.

What was done to K.J. was wrong! Morey derailed his career with the Rockets. ON PURPOSE! Because he didn't fit this "sturdy-type profile" Morey see as some kind of quality build to play basketball at the highest level.

He's a complete DORK and have no idea the type of skills and talents that's crucial to a team and winning games.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

OMG you are my hero. You doubled down on after you already lost the hand. You just split 10s. You went to the roulette table and put it all on magenta. When I grow up, I want to be you.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

You're overlooking the fact that KJ's amazing 33% 3-PT percentage comes at the expensive of equally unskilled end-of-the-bench scrubs in the final two minutes of blowout wins or losses. He'd never shoot that well against actual rotation players.

And his "defense" consists of watching slower guys blow past him en route to the basket, then occasionally recovering quickly enough for a block from behind that makes guys like you wet their pants in awe and admiration.

12. ABS

ABS Member

Boy, I tell y'all........smh.

Keep it up, though. 'Gon make me put a swivel on your head, boy!

Lol......(y'all some good sports though, eh).

13. seeingred

seeingred Member

i disagree with almost every argument you make. You sound like you are actually KJ McDaniels or directly related to him. But, the basis of your argument is right. The young guy with upside should be playing more. The old guy without much skill should be used in case of emergency only. Down by 20 in the 3rd quarter as the Clippers look to close out your season? Roll the Brewer Grenade in the room and plug your ears.

14. ABS

ABS Member

Even Dekker can barely make 3s against 2nd and 3rd stringer guys. So you aren't saying much in defense of Stiff Dekker.

And a block is a block, and goes into the record book just the same. The question is, can Dekker and Brewer do it?

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hey my name is this guy... look at me, look at me! Give me attention.

ABS #LAME become a real fan or go away. Say something smart. We're playing well. Maybe mention that? Anyway, welcome back Lin Fan. Now don't let the door hit you on the way out.

ABS likes this.
  16. Rockets4Life13

I dont blame him for not hitting shots or whatever, he just manages to get 3-4 turnovers in 2 minutes because he is not playing smart. He should know that he HAS to be ready in those garbage minutes, if he's not, u might aswell keep him on the bench

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I was on the KJ bandwagon until earlier this season. And Morey has proven more than enough times now that he knows basketball better than I do.
    I seem to recall many people here wanting other fringe players like Kostas Pop, Canaan, Johnson and Daniels to be given a chance, but like KJ they really didn't get that chance. They were subsequently traded and really haven't done much since.
    Sure there are going to be exceptions, but I just don't think KJ has it like I thought he did a year ago. And he's done nothing even in the minutes he's had to warrant my opinion changing.

D-rock likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

Morey is not saint when it comes to basketball talent. He's had his fair share of misses.

The question is not whether is KJ a good player or scrub. The real question is, 'Is KJ better than Corey Brewer?". And the answer is absolutely yes. By that notion, he should be given a chance by the Rockets coaching to staff to play over Brewer. Very simple

19. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

It's amazing how much ink gets spilled on people writing about fringe players at the end of the Rockets bench. Over and over and over and over and over and over... Clutchfans is responsible for many a dead horses beatings.

Maybe we should talk more about how much Ryan Anderson makes!

or maybe we should talk about when Motiejunas is coming back!

And the All Star break has started. Wonder what threads we have to look forward to for the next 8 days lol.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's always the Power Dancers