1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J.' Benching Has NOTHING To Do With His Performance!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

see OP, this is how you do it.

Pen15clubber and RiceRockets like this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Have we eliminated the possibility that ABS is actually Royce White?

#bewell
    #actright

3. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

LOL, I understand that this is KJ thread, HOWEVER, you said the only reason he isn't playing is because of his shooting. You do realize that Brewer is worse at shooting than KJ, and he's still in the rotation. So again how is it just about his (AS IN KJ's) inability to shoot if Brewer has lower shooting percentage.

4. dmoneybangbang

Well if we hold on to KJ past the deadline, then it's his minutes to lose. I do hope KJ steps up and gives us productive minutes, but I would also like to see how Harden fares playing some small stretches at the 3 spot.

We merely need KJ to grab rebounds, play passable defense, and cut hard or curl hard to the basket. We can build on that in the offseason if he's net positive.

topfive likes this.
  5. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

They are both bad shooters but Brewer was more aggressive on the defensive end. Doesn't matter now. I don't think KJ will be playing even after Brewer is gone.

D-rock likes this.
  6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I could see it being match up based particularly when the Rockets are getting beat on the boards. There will be teams they need the size at SF for longer than what just Ariza or Decker can give.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Agree we need to play him more to raise his stock for a trade. We are one KJ Asik trade away being really really really good.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. threepointshot3

With Brewer gone, this is KJ's chance to shine. He and Dekker will be fighting the Ariza backup minutes for his sake and the teams sake I really hope he gets his act together.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Now Brewer is gone. What's going to be your KJ defense if he doesn't crack the rotation. probably something dumb I bet.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he's still on the team after the trade deadline and he's not cracking the rotation at least it won't be to play an inferior player which was the case when they were trotting Brewer out there.

11. ABS

ABS Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....wait a minute, dude. Hold up. First of all, do you even have proof about this "locker room presence" or are you just spewing lies out your a**?? I believe it's the latter. I'd bet you anything on that.

K.J. is a quiet guy. He's not a trouble-maker. Many of these silly fans are holding what he did by supporting a Woman that spoke on the Dallas Shooting of those police officers against him.

And I think Morey is holding that against him too. So, I'ma just move on to your other points until you can show any proof K.J. is a locker-room problem. This is why I have issues with Fans like you. You guys would actually lie on a person and feel no remorse whatsoever.

Its real sad, but that's the nature of you guys. And you have a history of doing that to people and nations.....especially against Black Men. It's terrible and uncalled for. Im a Black guy that used to live in the hood. And I can tell you if a guy just flat-out lie on someone that put him in grave danger (Street Life), that guy is "marked"! He's a dead-man walking for lying.

You don't just lie on someone when you know it isn't true.

Moving on though......this notion that K.J. has some kind of low-ball I.Q., not even Harden has ever said that. In fact, Harden is ON RECORD saying that guys like K.J., when they're on the floor, they know their role. Harden said that!

Earlier in the season, K.J. was in the rotation. He mesh with Harden. He was a like a lock to be in that unit with Harden. I have never seen Harden pull K.J. to the side and explain what he's doing wrong. But you know who Harden did that to so MANY TIMES?? Sam Dekker. Yep. Sam Dekker!

There was a boiling-point where Harden lashed out at him and was angry he kept screwing up his assignment by not doing his role, defenisvely and offensively, that Harden got tired of being on the floor with him. That's why you don't see Harden on the floor with Dekker that much anymore.

They put Bev with him. That just shows how fed-up Harden is with Dekker. And I know exactly why Harden feels that way. Dekker has lapes on defense and on offense, Dekker has this "ego" that he is to score as soon as he gets the ball.

He doesn't understand, he's on the floor to spot-up for 3s. But Dekker, at times, get the ball and procastinate and then try to "create" his offense by putting the ball on the floor. Smh....that is NOT a role given to Dekker. You wouldn't see K.J. make mistakes like that.

K.J. knows who to defer to. He knows his role. Dekker don't. He's wild and all over the place, discombobulating the offense. If you understand the game, you can see it clearly.

That's why our bench production sucked so bad that even E. Gordon can't get off a shot because there is no spacing, chemistry, and the paring is terrible when you put Brewer/Dekker on the floor with Gordon/Nene (or Montrezl).

K.J. knows his role in situations like that. He's not selfish. He's too UNSELFISH. And he's too "hesistant" to shoot or drive it. That's the knock against him. But he's cautious because if he gets carried away, he would look like Dekker and Brewer on the floor.....just stinking it up, turning over the ball, taking ill-advised shots, passing up an open team mate.

That stuff kills chemistry. And Brewer and Dekker are the main two that does that, which is why the bench-unit underperformed so many times. Dekker and Brewer are the culprits.

Last thing here....K.J. shoots 33.3% from 3s. Dekker, 32%. Brewer shot 23.7% from 3s for before the Rox traded that GARBAGE. K.J. is the better player than Dekker/Brewer.

He has better intangibles, a better "teammate" in that he knows how to facilitate. With Lou on the squad, he can help K.J. game the same way Harden and K.J. was. This is why I said, Dekker should make a nice trade chip as we don't need his type of game. He's too self-centered and think it's about him.

People call that "confidence" but he's a rookie. He doesn't know the game yet. And his ceiling is not high at all. He's virtually unknown right now but next season, teams will settle that boy down to his proper role: a 3rd stringer.

#191 ABS, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Need to learn to stop ranting with long ass post. Most of the stuff you spew out is baseless with no actual source. Although there's nothing wrong being highly opinionated, your claims are just coming out of your ass which gets quite annoying. Please A b****y Squirt stop ranting and provide a link/1 sentence per post.

13. ABS

ABS Member

Typical sturdy-boy logic.

Move along, fella. Nobody find your schtick credible but your Momma, maybe.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol u just attack a poster for not providing evidence and yet u make long ass rant with no proof whatsoever. Please A b****y Squirt, stay true to your word and leave. Last post my ass.

Pen15clubber and D-rock like this.
  15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'm so glad this ABS guy wasn't around for the TWil days.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Trade kj Bobby Ennis and wjniter with other useful bench player

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

You accuse a poster of saying something about someone without proof, then you make something up about Morey with no proof. Please at least acknowledge you see the hypocrisy, right?

I believe the "locker room presence" comment was in reference to KJ tweeting out that he wanted more playing time. Pining for playing time on a social network is something that can tend to cause a rift in the locker room. A team as tight knit as the Rockets might take exception to "family business" being aired in public.

I've reported you for it already, but seriously... you need to settle down on the racism stuff man... some people like Sam Dekker or Ryan Anderson. That doesn't mean that they're racist. It's merely a difference of opinion.

RiceRockets and justtxyank like this.
  18. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

Thanks Eric. I didn't realize what I said would be taken as an inflammatory comment. I was indeed referring to his tweet for playing time, which I didn't think needed to be referenced.

eric.81 likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You forgot to switch accounts.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Remember when @ABS forgot to logout of his "bilal" account and then everyone could see he was talking to himself. Lmao he even said "thanks for the shoutout".

justtxyank likes this.