1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

JVG to cover Bucks/Pistons on TNT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Apr 21, 2006.

1. terse

terse Member

Looks like JVG has found his niche. I hope he stays at TNT and never comes back. A good commentator is not necessarily a good coach.

2. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

i still remember when fratello, marv, and jvg were covering the mavs and rockets game during yao's rookie year....yao had about 30 something that game....all i can remember was how u can hear jvg almost having an orgasm watching yao play

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

hillarious!

4. lalala902102001

Looks like JVG's got a backup plan in case that his current job doesn't last past this summer.

5. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per Ivanyy2000:
    "Danny Ainge was very funny."

yeah- funny as getting slammed in the head with a basketball during a playoff game in '94

6. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

This is the only way they could've gotten me to watch the Pistons-Bucks series...JVG is a great commentator and hopefully he'll be more open and lend more insight :)

7. docgundy

docgundy Member

Yeah I seriously don't think anyone would watch the Pistons-Bucks series. It would suck if JVG only does first round, because then that'd be only 2 or 3 games (assuming not all games are on TNT).

8. Omer

Omer Member

Hahah YES.

This should be good. I hope he learns something.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I expected to see a post along this line when I read the thread topic. The only surprise is I didn't see one until page 2. :rolleyes:

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

this will be funny

11. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

JVG is talking like he knows basketball.

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Well JVG has made it clear that he wants that PF with long range shooting ability for the Rockets next year.

After Rasheed Wallace stepped out to knock down a 3 off the pick-and-roll:

"That just shows you the value of a 4 with range. He can really step out and stretch the defense." - JVG

I'm thinking more and more that we're going to take Steve Novak or Nick Fazekas with our second round pick.

Novak has the far superior 3 point shooting ability, but he's a tweener SF/PF and will be a liability on defense and can't rebound very well. Nick Fazekas on the other hand is a solid shooter, although likely not out to NBA 3 point range. NbaDraft.net says his range stretches out that far, but his college 3% this last season doesn't indicate that. The plus is that he's 6'11", likes to get physical down low and averaged 10 rpg and 2bpg. Outshines Novak by a mile on the defensive end.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Maybe we can pick up Radmanovic?

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

i am surprised ... JVG is saying some good stuff and he is actually making the game interesting and giving great analysis ... but that "4 with range" thing was just wrong... especially with the rockets.. we need a 1 & 2 with range first , then we think about the 4... we need a strong, good rebounding 4 not a p*$$% like JHO...

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

JVG just made it a point to harp on the value of a 4 with range again. Not even 30 seconds into the second half. 2 minutes gone in the half and he's still yappin' about it.

I think Jeff masturbates to these photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for the climax...

[​IMG]

16. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

looool... :D hilarious...
    JVG is really stupid for saying that.. PF's with good range are just OLD suckers who USED TO BE good PFs but they cant do it anymore because they are old... every PF starts to work on his shot when he gets older because he cant do the same things he used to do (biggest examples: Rasheed, Webber... etc...)... we dont need a good shooting 4 in the rockets .. we need a good rebounding PF who can post up, play D, block shots, and yeah, DUNK....

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Do the names Bullard, Horry and Griffin mean anything to you?

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Or Padgett, who was really great when he was here. Pardon RocketsMac, he doesn't watch basketball.

19. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Don't underestimate a 4 that can shoot well. Having a 4 that can hit those 3 pointers - or the ability to shoot with range - can really stretch the defense. With Yao and Tracy - having a 4 - that can post up, play D, block, rebound and knock down 3 pointers... that would be incredible.

Horry!!

20. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

well, mr. McGrady, seems like both of y'all dont watch basketball... do y'all know that Bullard, Horry, and Griffin were and are BENCH PLAYERS.... neither Horry nor Griffin are starters today.. and Bullard was never a starter and he is not even a 4..
    and do y'all call these 3 players great PF"s, and ignore Barkley, Karl, Kemp, Garnett, Duncan ??? .. well, if u do, then u dont watch basketball and dont even know what the heck PF means...it stands for POWER FORWARD guys... just for your info...

and one more thing, Padgett, hahahahahaha... that's hilarious