1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG: He's to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It really isn't about the thread. It is about the posts commenting on the thread. The thread is about JVG!

2. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

90 percent of the teams do and to the rest of the 10 percent. this happens with or without yao or tmac and ALMOST consistantly against the mavs and suns (not so much against the spurs though). clearly now, which side do you wanna be on?

as for richrich... speeling's never been one of my strongest subjects. but as andrew jackson once said (paraphrasing) " i can't respect a man who's not clever enough to think of more then one way to spell a word"

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

All we need now is Photoshops of Van Gundy
    as the Gekko and as the Cave Man

Rocket River

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ssshhh... stop ridiculing Rocket River - he's too busy driving blindfolded.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

come again?

6. superden

superden Contributing Member

another one of these?!?! OMG PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. ENOUGH OF THESE STUPID THREADS ALREADY!

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Gosh, this JVG guy, boy he gets a lot of hate.

I don't understand, so please help me oh wonderful posters.

-Rockets are 25-15
    -#1 Defensive team in the NBA
    -Has developed Luther Head nicely
    -Has given a chance to Vspan and Novak
    -Tried to motivate our players
    -Isn't even concerned about a contract extension.
    -Wants to be the best so badly, therefore he criticizes us every step of the way.
    -Studies game after game. Anyone noticed JVG's eyes, I get :( looking at them.
    -Actually 9-4 without Yao.
    -Believed in a big man with a dominant post game
    -Has only one thing in mind and that is, How to win the next game?
    -etc.

I don't know about many of you, but if you look at the positives for just one moment you begin to wonder why is JVG so hated. I admit, last season I was down, and I wanted a new coach, and I felt bad for that at the time, but then I began to realize, JVG is trying to work with what he has.

I'm sorry guys, but I just happen to see that the Mavericks and the Suns are a better team than us. Is out of JVG's control honestly. He has maximized the talent of our team, and unfortunately Yao wasn't there for both match ups and T-mac missed one game. We actually built a big lead on both teams but due to our personnel we were not able to keep the lead for long since our players tend to wear down.

So our players play a lot of minutes, so what? They are professionals, they train for this their whole summer. If they get hurt, that's just an unfortunate event. Is not as if JVG is hiding in a dark room with a cynical smile plotting the exact amount of minutes a player is given to try to increase injury risk. Players get hurt. It happens. Yes it has been proven that the more minutes you get the more risk of injury there is, but risks must be taken. A win is precious in the NBA.

JVG is not the greatest coach in the world but be glad as a fan you aren't stuck with an idiot such as:

-Terry Stotts
    -Isiah Thomas
    -Doc Rivers
    -Paul Silas
    -etc.

The Rockets have a coach who emphasizes discipline. To me, 25-15, that's a great record given the amount of injuries we had to our superstars. I respect JVG and I have faith he will take us to the finals, whether you are with me or not, I don't care, because I believe in my Rockets and most importantly I believe in the coach who is going to help this team get there through developing schemes that many here pretend to know how to do.

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

It doesn't matter anyway and to answer you question from before you can count mine as post that has nothing to do with this thread if you want but I never counted my post anyways! so no harm done!

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I only read the first post in this thread (the GARM is unbearable and has been for years now), but you people are insane.

This is a team built around two superstars, one of which is chronically subject to injury and the other of which broke his leg. And we are ten games over .500.

Given all that, you're freaking out about losing to the two top teams in the league? And putting it on the coach that they gave up leads they never had any business having in the first place?

You're ****ing idiots. Period.

This team rules. If Mac's out, they rule. If Yao's out they rule. If BOTH are out, they're competitive with the best teams in the league.

Do you think that happens with another coach? JVG has instilled a system and a defensive philosophy (and, surprisingly, an offensive philosophy) that survives the absence of one or the other star and even almost survives the absence of both -- against the top teams in the league -- and you want to call for his head.

You're ****ing idiots.

How well do you think the championship Lakers teams would have played without Shaq and Kobe? Or even without one of them? Well, we know. Without one or the other, they sucked.

What the Rockets have done this year (hell, what they did last night) ought to make JVG the coach of the year.

If you don't get that, stop stinking up our board. Seriously.

You suck.

Love,
    Batman

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

You know, nothing highlights ignorance like a demand for zone defense after a team has just lit you up for like 15 three pointers.

11. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

you're a busta.

12. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

what i'm trying to say is that van gundy isn't bad against 90 percent of the teams out there, which is well.. pretty good... but he's missing the flexiblity to take the team up next step.

i'm asking if we wanna be better than the 90 percent (which we are) or.... better than all of the teams.

jeff is a good coach by all standards, but we can make certain assumptions that most people wouldn't argue against.
    a.) he's conservative and doesn't like to take alot of chances
    b.) he doen't trust rookies and will keep vets on the court even if they're having an off day.

sooooo... based on those assumptions i think our team's become predictable even with yao and tmac playing. most other teams arn't able to take advantage, but the elite ones will and have.

that's solely my oppinion of course and i'd love to be proven wrong.

#92 Kyakko, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  13. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

You didn't answer my question. JVG has faults, no one is denying you that. But he has major advantages that allow us to be in position to have 15 and 16 point leads with the talent of an NBDL team on the floor.

Please, re-read my post, I would sincerely like to hear your answer.

14. Robjos

Robjos Member

Vspan Suckssssssssssssssssss when is everyone going to start realizing that?

15. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Look at Phil Jackson. He runs the same triangle offense that he has for the past 15 years. It is predictable but has won him 9 titles. Of course he just got beat by the Mavs though so he is a horrible coach who should be fired.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah but the triangle is an offense that is predicated on sharing the ball and team play.

It holds up far better when they lose a player than our DIT offense....without Yao it is pretty bad, and without Tmac even worse.

DD

17. JeopardE

So ... let me get this straight: did you just insinuate that the Rockets don't share the ball well on offense or play as a team?

18. Sextuple Double

The next user to start a JVG hate thread should not only be banned, but have his/her IP address blocked.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heck no, I think they play as a team better than most every team in the NBA...I love that they play tough defense and together......against all odds.

No, I am saying that the triangle is predicated on wing play with a lot of cuts and passing, which allows for a lot of interchangeable parts.

Whereas our offense, primarily the DIT Yao offense is seriously hindered when Yao is out...as we don't have another big low post presensce to make it work.

Tmac has been outsanding as has our defense which has allowed the team to win many more games than expected.

Our defense is great, our offense is predictable......I would actually like to see greatness on both sides of the ball.

:D

DD

20. JeopardE

So why don't you just quit beating about the bush and say it? You want a triangle offense. You worship at Phil Jackson's shrine and any coach who doesn't coach like he does cannot win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.