1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG: He's to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Blowing 13 and 15 point leads on consecutive nights is pathetic. Go a head, blame it on the Mavs and Suns having better talent if you want, but the bottom line is JVG is getting out-coached.

In the Dallas game, he had Deke on Devan George during the 3rd quarter...are you serious?? When the Mavs went small we should have gone small. The only problem with that is JVG wont freakin play Snyder or Wells because "they arent in good enough shape"...blah, blah, blah!

Against the Suns, JVG made by far the stupidest move I have ever seen. Bonzi had been playing fairly well, except a horrible shot, but Van Gundy subbed in Rafer for Bonzi with 5 minutes to go in the 4th, which that left John Lucas on the court. Thats good and all if Lucas could hit a shot every now and then, but he cant. Also, did he ever think about sitting in a zone so Nash couldnt dribble where ever the hell he wanted to? Nash penetrating and kicking to Marion for an easy dunk wasnt working, so make them beat you from outside.

MY POINTS: 1) Jeff needs to get over his holding grudges ****, and not believing in young players. Snyder could have definitely helped the last 2 nights, but because he has been out for 6 weeks and we have been playing good, he cant even get off the bench? So we are going to put ourselves at a disadvantage with a lineup of Rafer, Luther and Lucas all on the court at the same time just because Snyder hasnt gotten in any "Practice time"???????
    The guy is a big guard, which is what this team has been lacking and JL3 is getting more PT then him....un-freaking-believable!

2) Bonzi Wells WILL HELP THIS TEAM if given a chance. I've said it before, this team wont do crap in the playoffs without Bonzi getting significant PT.
    17 minutes, 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks...pretty good contribution in 17 mins. if you ask me. But JVG is holding a grudge against him, but he doesnt have the balls to come out and say it. This guy would be starting on 90% of other teams, and if not starting here, he should at least be getting 25-30 minutes.

2. leexp82

leexp82 Member

in before the lock

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Wasn't his fault.

Suns being down by double digit points is nothing, they can come back from any lead faster than any team in the league.

I wouldn't put any blame on JVG for nothing right now, we're playing elite teams without our two best players.

Win some, you lose some..

4. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

He's also to blame for male patterned baldness and hemorrhoids.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

and cancer......you forgot cancer

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Finally someone else noticed that JVG is a cancer.

:D

DD

7. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

So you're saying that if we had Coach X (whoever you consider the best coach in the world) that we would have beaten the Mavs away without Yao, then beaten the Suns without Yao or McGrady on the second night of a back-to-back?

Say we were completely healthy all season, and we were good enough to win 60 games. That means we lose 22 in a season. If you could pick and choose 22 losses out of the schedule, you're telling me that this back-to-back set, even if we were fully healthy, wouldn't be a PRIME candidate for 2 losses?

Please take 10 seconds to think about your answer.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

deleted

#8 studogg, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Life makes mistakes sometimes.

10. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

wow at least wait until a team that's not leading the entire league in wins beats us. jesus christ this is getting ridiculous.

Bonzi, however, should start to get more playing time. As you can see, our defense is still pretty good and bonzi is no slouch on the defensive end (his blocks were amazing), but we need his damn offense.

11. Sextuple Double

Don't just lock this, delete it.

12. rocketsmetalspd

JVG should get over his grudges against his own players and start providing an environment that allows everyone to contribute in games. He should give at least 10 minutes every other game or most games to VSpan, Novak, Synder, and Wells(Synder and Wells should increase as they get in shape).

13. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

seriously...i'm tired of all these "i-hate-jvg" threads

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

JVG is never to blame for anything . . nothing EVER - JVGOnlyFans

For the Record - We doing ok . . . not concerned
    but
    I have an over inflated view of this team
    I felt we were a 60 win team at the beginning of the season
    I beleive we are a Championship Caliber Tearm
    all JVG has to do is bring it home

This is like have the fasters car in the Indy 500
    All you need is a driver that can handle it

Rocket River

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Playing Dallas on the road without Yao/Bonzi

Playing Phoenix at home without Yao/T-Mac on a back to back night.

Two unembarrasing losses.

Nice thread :rolleyes:

16. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Clutchfans are becoming desperate, I never thought "JVG:He's to blame" and "JVG=Coach of the Year" came up the same day. ;)

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

:D :D :D

What? Is this junior high PE class or something? Everybody gets a turn!!!

:D :D

18. Highwire

Highwire Member

JVG is the best.

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This thread = poop

20. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

i disagree. bottom line is some people doesn't know jack. 1 star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.