1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonathan Givony, Bobby Marks on draft and rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 31, 2022.

1. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Jabari is going #1

D-rock, RasaqBoi and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He can handle the ball and that’s a bad thing? Cmon dude, he’s the best rim protector in the draft and he can rim run & space the floor. Chet is unique and definitely worthy of the 3rd pick if he’s there. You have to take big swings at the top of the draft. He could bust or be the next Pau or the first Chet.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

That site is way past its prime. I like nba draftroom personally.

sydmill, saleem and pippendagimp like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

whoa, they got DET taking daniels at #5

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Why?

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

a Paolo-Sengun frontcourt is likely to be cheeks defensively which doesn’t matter when the team sucks, but will when trying to win and do anything of substance

D-rock, xaos and csc177 like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

This can't be overstated enough. I'd throw Bzdelic's name in there, too. That year our switch-everything defense flustered the Warriors, who were accustomed to wearing down opponents with their constant-motion offense.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That’s perfectly a-ok with me just the tweet was saying it’s still between Jabari/Chet.

saleem likes this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

Agreed. ALP becomes a solid trade piece, assuming Banchero is the pick.

Sengun can shock us all though. He could Grow two inches taller and become deadly from 3 :) , and then be Joker 2.0 for us.

D-rock, xaos, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  10. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

but how do you know this without even seeing them play together?? we are in a rebuild... we have time to figure this out

11. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I think you should listen to the podcast from where that tweet came from, Magic are leaning heavy at picking Jabari, the major unknown is OKC because no one knows what they want people assume Chet but they could very well pick Paolo. the player we get at #3 comes down to who OKC wants so that why i said Chet or Paolo.

D-rock, raining threes and saleem like this.
  12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually wish Chet was a euro prospect, then you'd get a chance to see how his frame holds up to playing against stronger grown men. Some players adjust well, some don't, you just never know.

raining threes likes this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

It’s all about the switching defense/ Sengun has trouble switching- hence always in foul trouble-

D-rock and saleem like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

for me, the comforting thing about Chet’s biggest knock is that it really hasn’t turned out to matter long term with other nba prospects. Guys like Bol and Bradley weren’t half the players Chet is. And guys like Camby, Garnett, and Durant all had frame questions (even Yao) but it worked out. As you get older you just add more muscle and weight. You fill out. It’s natural. Yeah, Chet may be pushed around the first year, but long term I just don’t see it as an issue. Especially because he doesn’t shy away from contact. He’s not Christian Wood. He’s got a physical mentality.

Drift Monkey, topfive, Milos and 8 others like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nba draftroom is awesome.

16. saleem

I believe the Magic are leaning towards Jabari too. I don't think it's a done deal.

Chet said in a recent video that he's lifting weights. There's is obvious pressure on him to get stronger. I don't think Paolo will be selected at 2.

KingSamJack likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

OKC might really put all their chips in trying to get Victor W.

I think they pass on Chet.

And he falls right to the rockets

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. saleem

Switching problems yes, he's not always in foul trouble though. He defended KD and Bron quite nicely.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I think Paolo has a real chance to go #2 because OKC's FO has not leaked anything on who they want, people just assume Chet because of their recent draft history of wanting Tall skinny guys or that they wanted Mobley last draft.

20. hakeemthagreat

Rim protection can be found in other places. Clint Capela wasn't a top 10 pick, but he's the ideal rim runner & shotblocker. We need quickness at the big positions that can switch. Chet will get on defense cooked like Sengun