1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall tweets about his current situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 22, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

YIKES

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow!

The hot takes are coming fast and furious and people are actually turning on Green?

This place is amazing.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Seriously?

You really want that guy at that contract?

4. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Someone could also photoshop our 3rd, 4th, and 5th rings.

Doubt harden leaves and LeBron chases his boy cp3 out.

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Could just be Green wants Silas to play Wall; in a supporting a teammate kind of way. I don't think he thought much after that.

1. Wall doesn't want to play off the bench.

2. Wall situation is not like you start him some games and he goes back to the bench in other. Once that Pandora's box is opened; hard to close.

3. The spacing that Green might enjoy from Garrison and Gordon, he likely will not get from Wall.

3.5 Even in 2nd unit, Augustine shoots better 3 and let's Sengun play point center. Wall on 2md unit may even disrupt that, since Wall is play for his next contact/trade value.

4. Rockets org is trying to see if KPJ is worth extending after this year. KPJ's audition window as PG is tight. If they have enough data, maybe... but I don't think that's the case.

5. As others pointed out, this kind of social media tweet is counter productive to what Silas / Stone is trying to plan methodically.

#225 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    jcmoon, BallaDoc and D-rock like this.
  6. PWR

PWR Member

He's not trapped here. Take the paycut from the buyout and free us all.

7. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Just stop tweeting Jalen.

8. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

is Heem a pronoun? lol I thought he was just spelling him all goofy. Like internet speak. leet etc

Easy likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Can’t get in Green’s head to know his intent. However I think it’s ridiculous that Wall isn’t playing so I’m immediately sort of sympathetic to his plight.

Benching Wall does nothing to help his trade value. KPJ is hurt and wasn’t lighting up the league before his injury. I understand they have to make a decision on extending him but Morey made that decision with Harden when he was a 6th man in OKC playing with Russell Westbrook. Stone maybe just needs to be better at evaluating talent if he’s that uncertain.

IMO I’ve seen enough to believe he’s not worthy of gumming up our precious 23-24 cap space. I think
    he’ll be a restricted free agent anyways if im correct so he’s probably a player worth risking letting him go if someone gives him a monster contract.

10. H. Christopher

Jalen needs to go back to school.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Glad we got Garrison Mathews for free.

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Silas said, Wall would be playing in two weeks to get in shape so when are we going to see him? This weekend?

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Green supporter here, but I’m not a fan of his decision to post this. Thumbs down. Always going to call it how I see it.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I look at it as we get a PROVEN all star - for a maybe, and a guy we aren't even playing and if we can get a pick to boot.....could jump start our rebuild by a couple of years.

DD

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Seeing the whites get on one about pronouns because they've never heard "heem" before is really, really funny.

NewAge likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

John Wall [​IMG] Jalen Green
    Coming off the Rockets bench​

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is it really that surprising? Regardless of whether or not you're a Jalen fan this is a really bad thing to tweet. Whether he wants Wall to get released/traded, or if he wants the rockets to play him, he is openly and publicly criticizing the rockets organization and the way they're handling the situation. It's just a really bad look.

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe these guys either! He's a 19yr old kid and you guys are analyzing something he sent out probably on a whim to support a person who has helped him since he's arrived in Houston....wow!

I can see if he sent out something racial, antisemitic, political or anything to that extent BUT this is to support someone who has been itching to play.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If someone asked any of the Rocket's players right now, would you like to see John Wall back on the court?

A political correct answer would be,

" I know he has been practicing in an attempt to get back on the court, however he and the Rocket's Organization/ Front Office had an agreement and that's between him and them but I would love to see him back on the court"

At the end of the day....FREE HEEM! It's supporting your teammate.

#239 hlmbasketball, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

KPJ Green and Wall seems to be really close when they sit on the bench. Wall definitely in their ears.

JayGoogle, D-rock and harold bingo like this.