1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

January 6 Farce in Congress Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Melania Trump's chief of staff resigns in wake of protests. That is what Trump's cabinet should be doing to save face.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's a fake account, but kind of funny. I don't think she even does Twitter.

Rashmon, TWS1986, B-Bob and 6 others like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Eh I am not so sure I think they can talk themselves into thinking it will wash away the stink of them enabling him for the last 4 years.

They know there is no future in riding his coattails anymore.

I would not be surprised if this has been being talked about since Nov 5th.

These people have no shame they will at minimum have a place in the history books for this.

4. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Twitter putting a hold on him might just push him over the edge enough where 8 of them have no choice but to do so. But then, Parler might be the relief value.

joshuaao and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most that are condoning it are saying that it isn't terrorism because they are targeting a government building for abuse of power. But one of the people said there was no rioting and looting.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I agree.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True I might be putting too much stock in them. The might do like Kissinger did with Nixon and secretly tell the military to run all orders from the President through him first.

This is truly a moment of history and if these people ever wanted history to look kindly upon them this is that moment.

Unfortunately history is replete with followers who didn't stop their leaders when they were clearly incapable or going the wrong direction. I've thought many times about Li Su who was the chief aid to Qin Shi Huang Di the First Emperor of China. The Emperor was literally going insane issuing orders such as for his soldiers to attack the ocean. Yet he still kept on following the Emperor's orders because he couldn't see any other way.

B-Bob, joshuaao and Dubious like this.
  8. biina

biina Member

isn't that one of the basic arguments of terrorists.

What's that saying again: one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter (or is it everyone's terrorist is the GOP's freedom fighter?)

TWS1986, FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  9. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Blood on his hands. And Cruz, Hawley and all their sh!tbag enablers.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

An analysis on CBS news just made an interesting point. Under the 14th Amendment anyone who incites insurrection cannot serve in office. This was meant to keep former Confederates from taking office again. This clause hasn't been used before but could be to keep Trump from running for office or his children.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

tmoney1101 likes this.
  12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

No, Pence for some bizarre reason calls his wife, "Mother" instead of Karen.

tmoney1101 and Xerobull like this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Totally normal.

Press almost every day reports that the POTUS is “out of his mind”.

14. Surfguy

CNN reported one of the protestors said they were coming back with rifles. PLEASE DO so we can watch you get blown to bits.

TWS1986 likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

If it's what you say it is, I love it!

Nolen, jiggyfly, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It is so mind blowing to me that we have so many ****ing idiots that would follow this narcissistic ******* no matter what when the truth of the matter is that he doesn't give a damn about them. All he cares about is himself and anyone who couldn't see this coming has not been paying attention to the last 4 to 5 years of what is going on in this country. But like he said onetime, "I could kill someone in the middle of NYC and get away with it." Trump has been a dangerous individual for some time and has to be removed now.

No Worries, TWS1986, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't have to convince me. I've thought that for a long time. Of course it shouldn't be about partisanship. Tell that to the Republicans. They know he's crazy and have done nothing.

Reeko and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is totally. Though maybe they are thinking terrorism against civilians rather than revolution which would be targeting the non-innocnet government. I'm not saying they were making any sense. I'm just reporting what they were seeing on the FB feeds that I see.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Surfguy

It's probably from what he calls her when they are having sex. "Oh...give it to me, Mother!"

Sicko.

Manny Ramirez and TWS1986 like this.
  20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m sure it’s not the first death that they’re associated with and won’t be the last.