1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yo wut lol

2. NewAge

NewAge Member

it is what it is dude, call me whatever names you wish, but the kid showed in a figure skater costume on draft night…

3. dmoneybangbang

Ah.... there it is. Your guy didn't get pick so you are mad.

4. fchowd0311

How do you pick up so much from 3 preseason games?

Green is running with a 21 pg who never played pg and two bigs who always clog the lane with a coach literally saying that they have no system now because they want players to develop chemistry. All these things is going to make a 19 year old rookie sometimes look lost like a headless chicken.

Players also grow and develop at different rates. What matters most with Green is we we see a marked improvement month to month. That's what defines success for him his rookie year.

#104 fchowd0311, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

My guy did get picked, Sengun. I couldn't be happier.

6. fchowd0311

This asshats is literally defining careers of rookies after 3 preseason games. They haven't even played a single reg season game. Amazing how people can do that.

majicdonjuan and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Pick up what? My description of those players are not based on 3 games, it's based on the entire draft process. Some of us followed it very closely.

Agree with everything you just said.

8. fchowd0311

I don't know how your disagreement with his fashion choice is any indication of the type of work ethic he has and mental fortitude he has.

#108 fchowd0311, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah, this is less of a comment about the negatives of Jalen's personality and behaviour than it is of yours. I'm not even sure how archaic your opinions are to be honest, people dressed like he did there over a decade before I was born and earlier, and I'm almost 40.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Defining careers? I literally said this is the worst Green will ever look and he will for sure become better. That he was drafted on what he could become, not what he is now.

That's literally saying his career isn't defined by what he has shown so far.

xaos and Salvy like this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Lmao

12. dmoneybangbang

But not your guy at #2, which is why you are disparaging Green after a few preseason games.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Slow start, 15-17 ppg to finish, low efficiency, signs of progress by the end of season, lots to look forward to in year 2

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one is defining anything, this thread was just asking what were your expectations etc.

I expected a much better fundamental BBall player TBH, but I don't see it, which to me makes him further away from what he might become.

Dmoney's post showing number 2 picks and all those busts in there is pretty scary......

DD

Y2JT and NewAge like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Now you're just jumping the shark. Green was never "that good" - the guy was the highest rated high school player over everyones darling Cade Cunningham. Its not Greens fault that the Euro guys get drafted at 12 years old and are shown how to play with men and mature. Was Garuba an MVP of anything while in the Spanish League? Jokic was MVP of his league. Sengun was MVP of his league. Not saying that is what would constitute a sure fire success story since Im certain there may have been Euro MVP type players like Vassilis Spanoulis who flamed out. If a young man has shown maturity beyond his years playing alongside older, more experienced players then the odds are they will be better suited to handle the rigors of the NBA. None of the top picks from this year are barn storming by the way - do they all suck? Or maybe you just want to be right about your ability to forecast and spot talent which is fine - you could be wrong too imagine that!

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Ignorantly disparaging? Some of you snowflakes need to take your panties out of your wads. Green just had one of the worst games I've ever seen a rookie play, that's not disparage, it's just calling it what it is. And it's exactly what some of us expected before the draft. That doesn't mean I'm not rooting for him now that he's a rocket, or that I don't think he can improve. It's just funny what excuses people are making for him, even though none of that applies to Sengun and other rookies that look good apparently.

Y2JT likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

I'm not referring to you. I'm referring to the posters who already have written him off and are saying we should have drafted other players.
    One of the worst games a rookie has ever played?

How many rookies have you watched?

i3artow i3aller and majicdonjuan like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Toxic masculinity at its finest. SMH.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jokic became the MVP of the nba. Doncic will be a future NBA mvp. Keep going! I like where this is headed. If you are trying to tell me Sengun is our franchise player, say no more I was already driving that train. If your point is that anyone who plays professionally at 12 years old has a leg up on Green and that's excusable, then I don't know what you are talking about, because there are way more euro busts than Jokic, Doncic and Sengun, and they all started playing pro at 12.

20. dmoneybangbang

You literally defined Green the prospect as he “could jump and maybe shoot sigh”.

How about hyperbolic disparaging? Worst rookie games you’ve seen? Come on now….