1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

YES. Also I dont give a damn what Mobley is doing, He isnt a Rocket and we wouldnt have Sengun if we drafted him we would have picked another guard at that spot or no one at all.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yet more chest pounding and need for vindication. Didn't see that one coming.

/s (for those of you unable to discern)

ApacheWarrior and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

All these Green haters sound the same.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

His G league team went 8-7 but had a net rating of -4.0, and expected win loss of 6-9.

Out of the 7 losses were :

87-127
    97-109
    87-107
    92-120
    107-130

And their lone playoff game

102-127

Ok if you want to take me literally, then no they didn't get blown out every night. But they were not good. Got blown out on 5 of their 7 losses, and lone playoff game. And Green did not even dominate on this sorry team, playing against sorry competition/defense that are all out there just looking to put up numbers to get called up.

My point was not that he's a bust based on this. But that he was drafted on potential, not production.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

have u missed the hot chick he's posting couple pics with every other day?

BonziWellsGOAT and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yeah. They have eyes that aren't blind. BTW I wrote that before he started painting his nails. :eek:

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I mean when you have the sports version of the red hat scourge is it really surprising? Needing to emasculate another male in some strange need to justify their own macho man personality is contrived and stinks of a bully who needs acceptance.

majicdonjuan and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Man, some of you just can’t help with identity politics. Your lives must really suck. Every opinion has to have some kind of political meaning behind it.
    Sad

9. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah he's the only one references Green's gender and femininity for whatever reason. And let's be real his sexuality by proxy. Like bro just say you think Green is gay and that you think it's icky. No need to beat around the bush

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. BonziWellsGOAT

Nuanced? Your takes are about as nuanced as a Clyde's game commentary. Get a grip.

11. dmoneybangbang

How am I supposed to take "His G league team was awful and got blown out on a nightly basis," when the truth is different? You do understand how your descriptions matter? The G League Ignite, in the first year as a team, was mediocre to average no doubt. However, the competition is objectively better than college. How many college players end up making any professional league (G League or Chinese League) ? A fraction. I wouldn't be as dismissive of the G League as you are.

He was drafted due to both potential and production.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How long before they let it rip and start dropping "N" bombs???

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  13. BonziWellsGOAT

They got the launch codes on deck

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im pretty sure Jalens Pinoy ethnicity had already been mocked here -- just curious how long before they go full QAnon.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Lol look at these snowflakes trip over each other. I'm not even white. Go protest Dave Chappelle with your idiot woke friends. You are barking up the wrong tree here.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

Who's woke? I just think it's dumb af that ol dude keeps alluding to Green being gay because let's be real thats what he's doing. Its such a dumb critique with no basis in fact. He looks and dresses differently so he's not going to be good? It's a dumb old man mentality. I don't think it has to do with race but I do think it's antiquated thinking for sure and he is wrong for even insinuating it

Verbal Christ and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. BonziWellsGOAT

And then to act like it's a nuanced take is even more laughable.

Verbal Christ and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

You've hated Green long before he ever arrived and you're not always right even though you like to pretend to be.

Please remind us of just how awesome Suggs has been during the preseason? Don't worry, I got you. Suggs is currently shooting 27% from the field and 20% from three.

19. BonziWellsGOAT

It may have been. To be fair I don't think it's a racial thing I do think these mfs need to be sent to the nursing home for these boomer ass takes tho

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's okay. Those are just a few preseason games. Not enough to see from Suggs.

Verbal Christ and Nook like this.