1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islam's image

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by showtang043, Dec 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Of course that's discrimination.

2. Chopped

Chopped Member

ah crap I instigated the thing i wanted to avoid, but atleast you guys see the crap ismailis get.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The muslims in Pakistan who are demanding the death penalty for Asia Bibi: Are they Shiites or Sunni?

[​IMG]

Are the Taliban Sunni or Shiites or Ismaili or Alevi?

4. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

That picture could easily be from a cricket match. The guy on the left in brown is obviously on the losing side. :grin:

5. Chopped

Chopped Member

lmfao, but in all seriousness pointforward blatantly disregards facts and history when it comes to making an argument, I see him no different then a basso or da_wopper.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What is the story with the Ahmadi muslims in Pakistan?

PointForward or Hydhypedplaya or someone else, do you have an opinion on them?

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is irrelevant on two grounds.

1) It is a Sunni Hadith and Shiites don't follow Sunni Hadiths, and the Quranic verse can be referring to any sect. In fact, "Sunnis" created the term "Shia" meaning they would technically be in violation of that Quranic verse. Unless you think a disagreement regarding khilafa constitutes a difference in ideology, in which case the Sunni sect is the most broken up sect out there with all the different ideological beliefs.

2) Even if both were true, it is none of your business, it is God's business. You don't have the right to discriminate against them or label them as non-Muslim or anything of the sort. That is all left up to God. You are still bound by Quranic (and Hadith) rules of respect for all religions, all people, all races.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What does kuffar mean? Is the word an expression of respect for all religions?

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

2 people like this.
  11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm sorry not all Muslims satisfy your warped view of Islam.

You do know Ismailis don't celebrate or condone the whipping thing?

Was Muhammed not human?

I don't know where you are getting your figures from, but 15% is not fringe.

Aren't Mormons pretty conservative? Ismailis and Shiites are considered liberal so I don't get the analogy.

Your religion? Broaden your ****ing mind dude.

:confused:

1 person likes this.
  12. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

<object id="flashObj" width="370" height="260" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=699614662001&playerID=69900095001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAEabvr4~,Wtd2HT-p_VhJQ6tgdykx3j23oh1YN-2U&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=699614662001&playerID=69900095001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAEabvr4~,Wtd2HT-p_VhJQ6tgdykx3j23oh1YN-2U&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="370" height="260" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  13. R0ckets03

Umm...I would say its because of the terrorism thing. Or did you just land on earth from the holy land?

I don't personally represent all Ismailis much less Shiites, but sorry I don't follow some book written 1400 years ago. One that is probably not even historically accurate.

Umm...ok.

1. You don't sound very peaceful.
    2. You calling others ignorant is just ****ing fascinating.
    3. I can see how non-Muslims can get the wrong idea about Islam reading the garbage you are spewing.

14. R0ckets03

Actually the Aga Khan is a multi-billionaire. Sorry he concentrates his resources on curing world hunger, preaching the importance of education and architecture.

We are the fringe crazies? LOL!

You seem a little obsessed with Iran, the whipping thing, and the 15% make up of Shiites Islam.

15. R0ckets03

Wow...I wish I could negatively rep.

1 person likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this. It is very sad that these people are not only persecuted in Pakistan, but their oppressors even follow them around to Europe and continue the same harrassment (which is of course against the laws of European countries) in their new home countries. Very sad.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thank you. He has been calling me Hitler (with pictures to boot) in about 10 posts now, and I believe you are the first person who spoke up.

1 person likes this.
  18. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I have an opinion on Ahmadis and I have an opinion on Pakistan. Pakistan is a failed nation-state and and another example of foreign imperialism dictating self-determination. Their government makes American politics seem like the essence of anti-corruption.

My opinion on Ahmadis are that they are just like the other smaller sects of Islam. A lot of their views are in complete contradiction with the Qur'an and Sunnah.. Ahmadis believe Jesus was crucified, survived, and died in Kashmir. (contradiction of the Qur'an and Sunnah). They believe that Mirza Ahmad was the Messiah and not Jesus. They also believe he was the Mahdi (contradiction of the Qur'an and Sunnah). Some also believe he was a Prophet, despite mainstream Islam's belief that Muhammad was the last Prophet.

There's plenty more, but I doubt you'd be interested in reading them. Understanding is not your strong suit.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Does that make them lesser muslims in your eyes? Or do you consider them kuffar? What are the consequences of what you are saying? What should be done with these people, in your opinion? Should other muslims avoid interacting with them and buying from them, at the very least?

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Typical. I must be one of "them" if I disagree with you?

FYI I'm aware of everything you think you know, but am more importantly aware of what the moderate average Shiite thinks.

Let's see..

1) Allowing lying under duress: exists in Sunni Hadith, perhaps with a slightly lower threshold.

2) Beating yourself: hello suicide bombings which apparently fedex you straight to heaven.

3) True hadiths: If bida'a is forbidden in true Sunni Hadith, why has Bukhari invented the "science of hadith" a purely legislative process? The Prophet PBUH didn't follow hadith obviously, and he didn't tell you to follow Bukhari. In fact he had a complete lack of faith in the process of collecting hadith, as evidenced in your hadith books. What are you doing exactly?

4) What makes you think you know the context of the Quran better than anyone else?

5) They didn't do it with the sword? Either you are completely unaware or are ignoring how much blood was shed for Islam to enter Persia and Andalusia. lol Peaceful. Riiiiight.

6) Sunni Islam, the religion of peace, completely against sects... Therefore they decide who are the Kuffaar, Rafida, Khawarij, Dhimmis, Shia, Sufi, 4 schools of jurisprudence, a few schools of belief, classify slaves/prisoners of war differently than humans, and glorify the bloodline of the Prophet PBUH.

When shiites talk smack about Sunnis, they are usually reading from fake, weak or obsolete books, and the same goes for Sunnis. There are crazies on both sides. There are problems on both sides. You can't judge shiites based on Sunni Hadith, and vice versa.

Bringing up things like taqqiyya. Wth dude. Sunnis can lie under duress, and so can shiites - duress in this case meaning you are about to be harshly (almost fatally) persecuted for your beliefs. In both cases, GOD KNOWS if it was appropriate so regardless of the rule, YOU have to decide if it's appropriate.

You're not all that different.