1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islam's image

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by showtang043, Dec 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. showtang043

showtang043 Member

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

3. Chopped

Chopped Member

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to showtang043 again"

I was gonna post this video but figured it was bound to cause some anti-muslim backlash from the islamophobes, and anti-ismaili backlash from the muslim posters on this board.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good watch on both those videos, he seems to have a very good grasp, and we need more people like him.

But as some have said, his sect is not really all that popular.....which is a shame.

The Joel Osteen of his sect.

;)

DD

#4 DaDakota, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really like the Aga Khan, which is why I wish he wasn't the Aga Khan.

6. DaDakota

Why? Can't he do more good inside than outside?

Seems the world needs more moderates in power inside Islam itself.

What do you mean by "I wish he wasn't the Aga Khan"?

DD

7. Chopped

Chopped Member

as I mentioned above, its a cryptic shot at the Ismailis, its been going on for centuries, don't expect it to stop now. The mainstream brand of islam cant stand our progressiveness they refuse to change and these are the same guys that are stoning women, having honor killings and all the lunacy you hear about in the islamic world.

8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think he's a fantastic person doing amazing things, and can be an exceptional community leader.

I'm only nitpicking honestly, but my comment was meant to indicate I generally don't like religious leaders, and he is without a doubt a religious leader selected due to his "blood line". I would much prefer him to be a leader who can later be followed by someone equally as good, rather than the best possible option in his family.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

lol if it makes you feel better, I also dislike the JOB DESCRIPTION of the leaders of the following faiths:

Sunni
    Shiite
    Ahmadiyya
    Druze
    Sufi
    Protestant
    Catholic
    so on and so forth

No need to be insecure dude. Aga Khan is one of my favorite people, if not my favorite, people in the "Islamic world".

10. Chopped

Chopped Member

Thanks for expanding on your initial comment, Since every time a comment about The Aga Khan is posted 4 pages of "omg ismalilis no muslims!!" follows. I guess jumped the gun too soon.

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Np dude, I'm well aware that Ismailis have taken a lot of unnecessary flack throughout history.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know everything about the guy, but everything I have read so far makes me think that if all muslims were like him, I would not have needed to post one thread on the topic of radical islam here. Seems like a great guy.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

See, this is kind of what ATW is saying, here we have a group of obviously moderate Muslims and the other Muslims are saying ....pffft....those guys aren't Muslim at all.

We need more acceptance, and less, "I am right you are wrong" in the world.

DD

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Let me add to that that I feel philosophically much closer to someone like this guy than to fundamentalist Christians. And I think fundamentalist/fanatical Christians are closer to fundamentalist/fanatical Moslems than to moderates of each religion.

15. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I wonder what would happen if ATW or DaDakota found out that I was an Ismaili. ;)

I guess it's easier to lump people into the fewest amounts of groups as possible. I have also been guilty of this plenty of times. Sorta part of what happens when you have the comfort of anonymity on the interwebz!

Yes, yes we do. This post sorta contradicts what you've said before but is a post I can respect.

p.s. - Chopped, Khushali Mubarak bro! :)

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ismaili here too...though not a very good one.

Was just about to post this video on here. Good interview.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I actually try not to lump people together, but when like 10 people are screaming at you at the same time, it is different to understand the nuances between them. I also can't really judge people by much more than what they say here. To me, it is not about what you call yourself, be it Ismaili or Sunni or Shiite, but about how you act. And the only thing I see is what you say here. So if you are aggressive and unfair and call me Hitler (like Hydhypedplaya), then I will think you are an idiot, regardless of whether you call yourself Ismaili, Christian, Jew or Jazz fan ;).

18. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

The reason I make fun of Ismailis the same reason I make fun of Mexicans. It's because there are so many of them in Houston. Easy target. :grin:

19. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Dude is a baller though. Respek.

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL, you are going to have to explain this as well.