1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Trump Coup underway?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 10, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's not the job of candidates to manage the election security. It's the role of Congress to pass lass/investigate after, the FBI, the Election offices, and the state officials who run their INDEPENDENT elections.

Again... this is NOT Trump or any candidates job to be doing. It's not even the job of the courts. Their job should be to explain the laws if needed, and rule on any pre-election rule changes in accordance with the law.

This is not how Democracy's work.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you just say Rudy is talking about it?

Dude step up your troll game, that was a dead giveaway.

How are you going to continue with "I can't tell if its true or not' shtick and nobody is talking hypotheticals except
    Trumpers.

Well at least you got @JuanValdez thinking you are serious.

I am just gonna ignore the that gives Trump carte blanc to use military bullshit, even you know better than that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is trolling all of us.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

It was a hypothetical....Cmon Man! Look at the thread title. A Trump Coup?? Is that possible since already president? This is not a serious thread by any means.

But seriously.. :D No really. You gotta dump Twitter and get on the Parler. Twitter censors. (but Parler kinda sucks and I hate echo chambers).

I want full credit if my hypothetical comes to fruition. And @jiggyfly, you need to respect the #Dominion trend. The talk is real, whether there is any truth to or not. It's a thing.

I've got a Parler tab, a Twitter tab, a Clutchfans tab and Autocad up. And I haven't touched one of them all day. I can honestly say I've been worthless today. They need to hurry and count these votes so I can move on.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If you make allegations with a knowing or reckless disregard for the truth and it causes damage to a party, you can be charged with slander or libel. Trump, without proof, is repeatedly alleging that this election was *stolen* from him. He’s not merely saying “oh wow, some of these states are close; I don’t feel comfortable conceding until results are certified”. No. He’s flat out claiming victory and stating the process was rigged. That undeniably damages the American electoral process. He’s a traitor to our values at this point. It should be criminal and he should go to prison for it (but of course he has immunity)

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The only thing happening here is a sociopathic narcissist is incapable of coming to terms with losing.

7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...yep.

...and the same things that got the orange asshat elected in the first place are the things that are letting this mess go on.

People like theater. A good show. Crowd-pleasing antics and maybe even some light-hearted drama sprinkled in there, somewhere.

Maybe that **** works for television or NetFlix. All they care about are ratings.

But this is all going on with this ape having access to the nuclear codes.

...(and I'm exaggerating just a bit with that last one...it's looking more and more like there were some people around the set of that reality TV show administration, who had either the good sense or mortal fear to hand the Donald a used lottery ticket and tell him those were the nuke codes...and pointed to the big red button next to the garbage disposal and tell him that's the button)...

...remember how the Donald acted at that one summit meeting with all those international leaders? Pushing and shoving his way to the front in order to be at the center of whatever picture they were taking?

That's the way a five-year old acts when he discovers his inky-winky, and gets out onto the playground and drops 'em and shows it to everybody.

And that's why everybody was looking at him like he'd taken a bath in a tub of **** (...and his B.O. probably wasn't helping either)...

The Donald never had as much attention and respect as he's gotten as president of the United States. A distinction he never should have had and certainly doesn't deserve.

But deserves got nothing to do with it.

This is our baby, America. We should be proud.

...but now, Donnie-boy, it's almost seepy-time. We're being nice, and letting you run around a little while longer way past your bedtime.

...but when we say it's time, it's time.

...Don't make us get our belts.

No wait...no, you go ahead and DO make us have to get you out of that (high)chair, you freak.

Spare the rod and spoil the Donald...;)

#107 mdrowe00, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Lol, **** no.

Trump dun goofed when he pissed off the military brass at the beginning of his term then the veterans with his 'loser' comments.

He might be placing his people but the brass has to relay the orders and the troops have to accept the orders. Not going to happen.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our election process is not lacking in security. There hasn't been any widespread voter fraud in this election nor in previous ones. There are already safeguards present to secure our election process, and they've been working splendidly.

To put out the message that elections aren't legitimate and the voting has been fraudulent is cowardice and damaging to our democracy. It erodes faith in the democracy. It's irresponsible to do without providing proof.

superfob, RayRay10, arkoe and 2 others like this.
  10. CrazyJoeDavola

I am perfectly comfortable with a recount. To me, its like watching the Rockets v. Knicks Game 7 1993. I watch it EVERY time it comes on NBAtv. I love watching them win the championship over and over and over again.

Recount all you want. You Trumpers must be some type of sadists to want to watch him lose AGAIN.

MOOR RECOUNTZ!!!!!!!!!!

jboslett, JuanValdez, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  11. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...yeah.

...in another week, they'll all be out chanting "STOP THE RECOUNT!"

...and they say that the liberals are mean and unkind...!;):D

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If you are uncomfortable with the fact that Trump lost in a fair election, ask yourself why?

The media called the election the same way they did in 1964, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, and you had no worry about them calling the election the same way as of Nov. 2nd 2020. It was only after Nov. 3rd 2020 that you all of a sudden decided to gripe about the way the Media called the election.

They call based on the reporting of precincts in each state and where the remaining ballots are out and if those precincts are enough to overturn the counted ballots. It makes prefect sense for them to call it the way they've done since before most of us on these boards were born. It isn't a willy-nilly decision. But actually formulated.

Why is it that on Nov. 2nd nobody had any concern at all about the way media calls elections, but after Nov. 3rd they did.

13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Well, there’s always the 11,000 plus signed affidavits subject to perjury that allege otherwise. I’m not in a position to dispute them or confirm them. However, you’re free to prove each of them as being forged or flat out liars. That’s what you are saying right? To be clear, you do know this for a fact right? You just said so and I trust that you know what you’re talking about.

I simply don’t know. But I do know there are allegations. I’m 100% certain of that.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No there isn't. Many of the affidavits talk about training of observers and have nothing to do with voter fraud. The postal worker has already withdrawn their earlier claims.

I'm not saying they're liars, I'm saying their claims aren't about voter fraud. I based my summation on information already posted in this thread.

#114 FranchiseBlade, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  15. Dubious

Nobody gives a crap about recounts, we ain't scert. They are 4 million votes behind, over 10,000 votes behind in every battle ground, so short of electoral votes any one or two changed results wouldn't make any difference. The result is clear and definitive no matter the legal pampering of the big baby.

What we give a crap about is the lack of cooperation in transitioning to a new Administration, the delay in Biden's Covid plan, the sabotaging of the DOD, the entrenchment of loyalist to hamper bureaucratic change over.. It's bitter, petty and against the interest of the Nation.

Just like everything else Trumpy

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There are not 11k affidavits. You heard wrong on Fox News or social media. The RNC Chair claims there are 500 affidavits.

Here is a report on 100+ of them. The Trump people are trying to have people like you think that obstruction or feeling of intimidation is election fraud. How highly they think of the Courts and of Americans, and especially of their supporters. This is what I'm seeing here - there are inconsistency (but never details on what they are or how many of them) and now with signed affidavits and court filing we are seeing it's mostly about my personal feeling and access to poll workers. How entitled does someone feel to equate that to fraud. My goodness.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/po...duct-do-not-show-widespread-fraud/6247949002/

Signed and sworn statements from more than 100 people included in a new lawsuit filed in a Michigan federal court by the campaign of President Donald Trump allege misconduct in the processing and counting of ballots in Detroit.

They are part of a broader, national legal strategy Trump and his campaign are employing as they try to discredit and dispute the results of the presidential election, won by Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

While poll challengers say they that were denied access to portions of the vote counting, that their challenges were not taken seriously or that several different types of ballot processing errors occurred, the allegations do not show proof of widespread fraud or egregious misconduct.

Biden leads Trump by more than 146,000 votes in Michigan. Unofficial results show the former vice president won enough states to receive the electoral votes needed to secure the presidency.

The lawsuit, originally expected to be filed Tuesday, was filed Wednesday in the U.S. District Court of the Western District of Michigan. It requests a judge stop the certification of Michigan election results that contain "fraudulent or unlawfully cast ballots." The lawsuit relies heavily on anecdotes from the affidavits to support the claim that fraud occurred.

Challengers allege intimidation
    The most common complaints cited in the affidavits relate to challengers allegedly being obstructed by or feeling intimidated by election workers at the TCF Center in Detroit, where absentee ballots cast in the city were counted. Some people say this obstruction made it difficult or impossible to observe the counting.

Others say election officials cited COVID-19 guidelines and asked them to stand 6 feet away from poll workers. While some said this made it difficult to monitor what some election workers were doing, others made very specific allegations about what they say they saw.

Andrew John Miller said he was repeatedly blocked from viewing workers who were duplicating ballots, a standard process in place if a tabulation machine is unable to read a ballot.

"I informed a supervisor that I was denied access to see the duplication process and need to review the ballots for accuracy. I was informed that I ‘couldn’t because the duplication process was personal like voting'," Miller said in an affidavit.

Many also allege they or others were denied reentry to the counting room after leaving for lunch or another purpose, seeing ballots allegedly being left unsecured, and seeing information about voters being manually entered into the voter database after a voter’s name could not be located.

Anthony DeLuca, an attorney, said in an affidavit he arrived at the TCF Center to serve as a Republican poll challenger on the afternoon of Nov. 4 and gained entry to the main building after identifying himself to police as a lawyer. But he could not get into the room where absentee ballots were being counted and was told it was at capacity, he said.

Another Republican attorney, James Frego, said he prevented police from closing a door into the counting area at the TCF. Frego said he put his foot in the door, and would not remove it until police told him how many challengers were inside the room. After police repeatedly asked him to remove his foot, Frego was arrested, he said.

The Free Press and others have reported that more than 134 Republican poll challengers were allowed in the TCF, with hundreds more inside the counting area at various points throughout the process.

Many Republicans, both locally and nationally, have alleged they were denied access to the TCF. They point to staffers putting cardboard on the windows inside the site to block those outside the counting room from seeing what they were doing.

The city said it did this because poll workers felt intimidated by people chanting outside. Election officials say there were at times too many challengers from every party inside the room, preventing people from entering or reentering because they said the room had reached capacity.

Marc Russell, a Republican poll challenger, said in a deposition he experienced “hostility, intimidation and secrecy” at an unspecified East Lansing precinct. He said that at the precinct where he voted, he saw at least three voters given ballots after telling officials they had requested an absentee ballot but had not received one. The ballots were issued without making a call to the clerk’s office to verify what was said, he testified.

Clerks have multiple processes in place to ensure someone who requested an absentee ballot and then seeks to vote in person is only allowed to cast one ballot.

Several Republican challengers at the TCF complained about people inside the counting room wearing “Black Lives Matter” shirts. One Republican challenger complained she was called “Karen,” and told to go “back to the suburbs.” The moniker “Karen” has been applied to white women who make false and racially motivated allegations against Black people.

Although many alleged bias, either by poll workers, other staff or lawyers at the TCF, they did not specify how this purported bias affected the counting process.

Jazmine Early, a Republican poll challenger at the TCF Center, said in a deposition election workers consistently attempted to impede and obstruct her ability to observe and challenge ballots. She said Republican challengers were removed from the counting room while many tables were left unattended.

Glen Sitek, a challenger with the Election Integrity Fund, a nonprofit that has separately challenged election results, said in a deposition he spoke with Detroit police to file an assault complaint after an election worker shoved him away from a table at the TCF Center on Nov. 5.

Amanda Posch, a Republican challenger at the TCF Center, said in an affidavit it was difficult to observe the counting because of intimidation from election workers and concerns expressed about physical distancing and the coronavirus. She testified she saw ballot boxes unlocked and unattended.

Challengers allege ballot counting problems
    Although challenges about specific counting or process errors were less common, some of those included in the lawsuit allege fraud.

"I witnessed election workers open ballots with Donald Trump votes and respond by rolling their eyes and showing it to other poll workers. I believe some of these ballots may not have been properly counted," said Artricia Bomer, a Republican challenger at the TCF, without providing evidence as to how the ballots were improperly counted.

Kristy Klamer, a Republican poll challenger, testified in a deposition that she saw 46 ballots processed for voters she said were not found in the voter database. She included precinct and ballot numbers for the ballots she alleged were mishandled. She said she saw election workers manually input information into the system for these ballots, including, in some cases, birthdates of Jan. 1, 1900.

Many observers said they saw poll workers enter the birthdate of Jan. 1, 1900, for some voters. George Azzouz, Detroit's director of elections, told CNN recently that "the date of January 1, 1900, is often used in the electronic poll book as a temporary placeholder for absentee ballots arriving just before Election Day."

Mordechai Mandelbaum, a Republican challenger at the TCF, alleged poll workers "were duplicating ballots to incorrect precincts in order to run two ballots through for the same person." He said he saw it happen 20 to 30 times, although he did not say if he ever tried to challenge these actions.

Detroit and state election officials say there are multiple safeguards in place to ensure the same person is not able to cast multiple ballots.

#116 Amiga, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    mdrowe00, RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

And his sycophants trying to save the ship that they will drown on as it goes under.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I guess my point was there are some irregularities that we should all want resolved and taking the MSM's bull horn message 'Move on - There's nothing to see here' should be looked at with some skepticism. You may 100% right at the end of the day. But, when the MSM gets parroted I immediately go to a dismissive posture.

And if I'm being honest, if the script was flipped I'd be saying the EXACT same things you guys are saying. If Joe Biden allegedly got screwed, I doubt I'd have a care in the world about it. Key word being, allegedly. I am aware that propaganda goes both ways. I've always felt that after this election plays out one side is going to feel like they were lied to by their own side.

19. Dubious

Voting irregularities should be looked at, but at worst they are insignificant to this election. There is a section in the DOJ that actually does this regularly.
    This guy:
    Justice Department's election crimes chief resigns after Barr allows prosecutors to investigate voter fraud claims
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...signs-after-barr-directs-prosecutors-n1247220

But there is no reason to go around claiming giant fraud or Trump won. He should concede and begin the orderly transition.
    It's just a narcissitic power play to keep Trumpy on the forefront of the news and retain his base.

AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And they were perfectly fine with how the media called Alaska for President Trump on November 11.

FranchiseBlade, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.