1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Comparison...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Maybe .... they will have his bird rights and can exceed the cap to retain him if the fit is good.
    It's within the realm of possibility they sign him to a reasonable deal.

They can also extract an asset if they sign and trade him elsewhere using those bird rights. Maybe some team over the cap wants him ....

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You're forgetting that he has a say in that too. Anyone wanna tipjar bet that he won't be on the team by the start of next season?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

He 29 yr old and a free agent. If he goes off 16/8 he gonna cost serious cash and would wanns go to a decent team.

You dont need to buy him out he is expiring already.

4. Landry's Tooth

Free agents usually go where the most money is. After that, they like playing time.

If he's a good fit and will take a 2 year deal i don't see why he wouldn't come back. I'm not saying he would, it just depends on how things work out... if he's Oladipo and shoots horribly and misses a bunch of games then yeah, he's gone...

5. Landry's Tooth

I know he's expiring. That's why i said they won't buy him out. They could use his skill set... Oladipo had the same situation so it's no different from a buy out stand point...

6. Landry's Tooth

Serious cash for a backup big or weak starter being around 3 years 40 million?

His age will keep the price and years down...

7. Landry's Tooth

Gee, why didn't Brooklyn trade dinwiddie for Aaron Gordon? Don't tell me they like Blake Griffin more...

8. Landry's Tooth

We have Olynyk, not Minnesota....

9. Landry's Tooth

I stand corrected, it could mean moving up a few spots... either way it's likely in the 20s...

10. Landry's Tooth

Sure, if they play 12 minutes... olynyk plays roughly 30...Gordon plays more so you need to even out for playing time...

11. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Landry’s tooth isn’t out of his mind...Kelly o isn’t a bad player at all. He’s someone that if we were a good team I would like him as a backup big...problem is, we’re not a good team

I wouldn’t mind keeping him as backup center next year for cheap if dj Wilson doesn’t pan out the rest of the year and we can’t find someone better

12. Landry's Tooth

I'm not sure what made you such a bigoted person but I do feel bad for you for whatever turned you into such a person.

13. Landry's Tooth

I think you are too focused on the losing streak that occurred when we were playing without any big men and often missing 3-4 starters.

Wall and Wood are solid NBA starters. Eric Gordon would be as well if he was healthy. That leaves 2 spots. I'm not talking about being a great team; I'm saying healthy we're a mediocre team. That will improve if Porter/Martin/Tate continue to develop. It will go even faster with the right draft pick...

I think Olynyk starts at PF next to Wood and if it goes well you try to bring him back on a reasonable deal to either start or backup while drafting your long term solution. It might appeal to him to take a short 2 year deal and get playing time to show his value.

Jwise44 likes this.
  14. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I’m in agreement with you, I think Kelly can help this team. I am down to resign him if we can’t sign someone better or younger in the offseason

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I feel genuine sadness for OP. Its ok big guy. We lost James for nothing. It happens. Well not really - its never happened quite like this, but dont do that to yourself. dont convince yourself Kelly Olynyk has any redeeming qualities for this team.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Bro I’m willing to bet he’s not on the team to make that minutes incentive

I feel like spamming every thread with this live look at Tilman. Fml

upload_2021-3-26_7-6-32.jpeg

D-rock likes this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Smaller Contract: Player B

This was all you needed brother

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Then we lose our pick

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. ClutchCity9495

The problem is the Rockets playing that small ball crap. DJ Wilson is not a Center. He should be at the PF spot. The Rockets always trying fit a square in a round hold at Center. They have played Tate and KJ Martin at Center this year. We always get outrebounded with this. Why cant Wood and Kelly or Wood and Martin ever play together???

Jwise44 and Rocket River like this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

Ol
    Olynyk should help short term... long term could be a power forward in the draft...