1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was wondering about Iggy for Martin. They want a scorer, McHale/Morey want defense.

As long as Iggy is healthy (and I think he's/he'll be okay), I'd do the deal. Speights isn't all that great, but there's always that thing called hope (cue Morgan Freeman, "Shawshank Redemption": "Let me tell you something; hope is a dangerous thing.") Besides, Speights and Jordan Hill are nearly a wash.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I would do that trade, but would Chicago do it? I think they really value Asik, but they really really need a two way SG. Aquiring a player like Asik could be the difference in the rockets making the playoffs this year or not. Losing Lee would hurt, but I would have no problem going to war with Asik as part of the rockets frontline.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

His injury is knee arthritis, or something else that's chronic and he's had since childhood.

Knee problems for a high flying SF who depends on his athleticism for everything is not good at all. Also that line of reasoning is what Sacramento used when they signed Shareef Abdur Rahim to a huge contract even after tests should his knees were arthritic. What could possibly go wrong?! :rolleyes:

Iggy's damaged goods. I wouldn't touch that contract with a ten foot pole.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

How do we end up with Martin and Andre, sign me up

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No way I trade Kevin Martin for Iguodala. Like someone said earlier, our defensive problems can be solved by plugging in a solid paint defender.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We just drafted a SF.

7. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I think Iggy would hinder the development of Marcus Morris, who after doing a lot of reading on this board, I'm very excited about. Further, as another poster said, arthritis is not a joke and does not get better. Let's just pass on this.

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

That easy, eh? So why didn't we do that last season?

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Small update:

10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

You're overrating him. He can finish at the rim, but more often than naught, he pulls up for a midrange jumper. That's my problem with Lee. I can't tell you how many times he pulled up for a jumper instead of taking the ball to the rim. He has the athleticism and body control to take it to the hole, but he doesn't. If he improves this part of his game, he'd be a very dangerous player.

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I agree. He has the ability to do it but avoids contact and resorts to a jumper. This actually surprises me since he is a good defender.

12. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Kate Fagan (Sixers beat writer) thinks so too. For now, anyway.

http://twitter.com/deepsixer3/statuses/144190185154953217

13. lild713

lild713 Member

Forget this trade..just sign a center..I'd rather keep LEE dude..hes a Good defender and scores..and young athetlic...nooo wayy and hes good for our back up bench...after KG. and shoot the ball and ESP when he dunks...

14. lild713

lild713 Member

I agree!!! they just martin haters hes a scorer he's probaly workin on his defense hes our main scorer dude...on the team aveage same as a superstar....Iggy dosen't score like him and k-mart gets to the line..we just need a center...and LEE is a GOOD BACK UP...of course. Trade BUD if so.

15. egr281

egr281 Member

i say trade scola/jhill/bud for iggy/speights
    in iggy we get a gritty defender great playmaker/slasher and borderline allstar
    and with speights we get a very talented pf who can play some c...

LOWRY
    MARTIN
    IGGY
    PATTERSON
    SPEIGHTS

16. egr281

egr281 Member

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

From the Sixers insider:

Also if you look at the first page, he was right about us having our sights on a bigger player (Gasol)

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess the Sixers are all in and I'd trade Martin as a salary dump anyways.

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

That trade wouldn't be much of a salary dump. Those guys all have multi-year deals.