1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I won't even call these rumors, because I can't even put a 100% accurate source to it, but I keep track of "insiders" on other forums who apparently atleast hear things. I posted a Bulls one last week in the random trade thread. I will repost it here:

And then this one who prompted me to make this thread from a Philly insider (this guy has cred in my opinion, he called some things before hand the past two trade deadlines for Philly):

7 people like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

chicago is out of their ****ing mind. Lee+1st rounder for korver and Asik?

Ill give them Brad and Lee for those 2.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How the heck did we go from the first chicago offer to the second? JLucasII??

I'm worried Asik may be a risky trade. He's still injured isn't he? His injury was bad enough where I'd think you'd want to see how he heals up.

4. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

appreciate this post, thanks

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Man Chicago could've done some damage vs the Heat with Lee....they just didn't have enough scorers, and Korver's slump didn't help. I think we're asking for picks because Lee is a sure starter where Asik is a high energy bench player at this point...Of course that could change, but Lee's value should be pretty high right now.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Is Budinger-Korver an upgrade? Kyle's probably the better spot up shooter and slightly better defender, but Budinger has a much better overall offensive game.

Also, I damn sure wouldn't mind swapping Martin for Iggy. I had preferred Iggy since last year when the Iggy/Martin rumors first started. Interested to see who our "bigger fish" is.. only guy available that comes to mind is CP3.

7. Egghead

Egghead Member

Both trades suck. Budinger is better than Korver and his contract is cheaper.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'd do the first trade as long as the pick is loto protected. We'd have 4 first round draft picks, id be almost postive Morey could move up with 4 picks on hand.

9. Moahst

Moahst Member

Budinger >>> Korver. It would not be an upgrade. Budinger is a better defender, penetrator, rebounder and has more upside.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOl asik+charlottes pick+chicago pick for Lee? DM plays some real hard ball. That's ok though, I'd rather wait a while and cash big then keep getting crap trades every season. So far apart from the Thabeet for Battier and the Batum for greene+dorsey trades all we've had are winners.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Problem here is Iggy's got some serious health issues. If he was healthy no way would Philly even think of moving him for just kmart.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Are they lingering? I don't remember Iggy missing too many games until this past year. Though I don't know too much about the type/severity of injury he suffered this year.

I think the thinking here is that they need to open up the SF spot for Turner/TYoung.

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I wouldn't bet on Martin's health either.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Yuck, do not want.

:(

15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Unless we're getting a MAJOR piece in return, I'm strongly opposed to parting ways with C-Lee. He's a very capable 2-way player... plus athlete and perimeter defender, and he's fairly versatile on the offensive end of the floor. He can finish at the rim and knock down the 3-ball/elevate and nail the mid-range J off a screen.

16. cod

cod Member

Caveat, it's Sam Smith:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_110620.html

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh on Chicago deal. Not too terribly excited about said Philly deal/offer/whatever-you-want-to-call-it either.

18. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Bulls will never get equal value for Asik. Same reason Orlando didnt get equal value for Gortat, people know when you have glaring holes and you're desperate. I can definitely see the Lee for Asik+pick happening.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No, probably not.

The Rockets can't make both of these deals, who would play the 2?

I might be ok with the first Chicago deal, no on the other two. I like AI but I think he'd fit better playing next to Martin. Where would the Rockets scoring come from if the Rockets made that swap?

20. slamburger

slamburger Member

That first deal would be amazing. 4 first round picks!?