1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

POTY Nominee

2. The geth & the reaper

The funny part is that I’ve never heard these so called “insiders” break any news, signings or trades. Just because they report X player is getting shopped/traded and X player gets traded doesn’t mean theyre privy to inside information. That player could of been the obvious the choice to pick(f a, underperforming contract etc). Somehow fan speculation and armchair gm projection can easily dupe a lot of people.

Some one actually said it makes sense since it matches other reports, he said reports as in plural (which was actually one report from a guy who has been discredited and caught making stuff up) common main! Lol

Fischer to me he’s an Outsider. A guy like Woj would get told by a source the Rockets called the Bucks to gauge interest on Giannis and their conversation spitballing would go “obviously you’d have give up Green” but Woj would never report that or their conversation because it isn’t news worthy. But then theres guys like Fisher and this Hawks guy who are on the outside looking in licking their chops at the opportunity to feed off the crumbs the real insiders leave for them.

None of these outsiders are in the trenches

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Wow, that's just plain wrong. I've been on this forum a long time and *countless trades, signings, moves and news have been revealed here before anywhere else.

We had people who are clearly in the rockets FO posting here many times and those who have definitely been involved in operations. We also have people who helped or saw players move to houston, find houses, find their kids schools here and much more be revealed here. We've had our share of hoaxes and essentially fake insiders here too.

But to say nothing was ever revealed here first is vastly wrong. Loads of scoops appeared here and I have seen news people report info that 100% appeared here way before anywhere else.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I just went through a whole news cycle where ESPN pundits, Adam Schefter etc said the Texans were not taking a QB at pick 2.

Then they did.

I choose to believe what actually makes sense.

Jalen Green is easily the most untouchable guy on our roster right now.

And if our GM can't see that, then he doesn't deserve to be our GM.

larry cook, Zen Tabak and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hear the Rockets just might be looking to move Green but it has to be for a player they feel is better than he is and around the same age. Otherwise they are not interested in using it.

Also, it's true, if the Rockets land the first pick I've heard they are very set on drafting Wemby. They like his size and fit in their offense.

cheke64 likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The press is now more than ever manipulated by the orgs .....and the players themselves through their friend group.

You don't get real news, you get filtered biased stuff that all have agendas attached to them........

It's ok, we can just wait and see who is on the roster next season.

DD