1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I believe anyone can go, ANYONE, when you are a 22 win team, and have a new coach, you look to upgrade, you don't bet on a bunch of baby maybes.......IF the right star breaks loose.....otherwise you stand pat.

It could go any way.

1. We could trade away one or more of our young players to get a star or two.
    2. We could hold on and just add with cap room some up and coming players
    3. We could take on a bad contract like Simmons and kick the caproom discussion down the road 2 years when you know more about your kids.

It is just very exciting to see....hopefully we play it smart because this situation only happens once......

OKC had it with Harden, Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka - and screwed it up.......

Let's hope Stone is better.

DD

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This "insider info" is a whole lot of nothing. I don't like the holic comparison either, at least holic made up his own **** out of thin air. He invented a bunch of wild insider info that was entirely fabricated but at least it was interesting and original. This guy just regurgitates a bunch of rumors that have been repeated all over the internet on social media.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

I was really impressed by Suggs's NCAA Tournament performances. I believe Jamal Shead has better potential as an NBA PG. Certainly worth a second round pick!

Nook likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

No because it was well known that Anthony Davis was the clear target when the lakers got a 35 year old lebron and to get him it was obviously going to cost them a 21 year old BI

The lakers weren't in a full rebuild where they could wait on BI to fully develop for anyone to say not to give up on him or trade him. Once they got Lebron, it was immediate win now mode

BaselineFade and clos4life like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Interested in moving them? No - obviously if someone that is a top 10 player comes along, the dynamics change but the Rockets have no interest in trading any of their top young players and intend to add to them, not subtract from them.

6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah I can't cheer for Draymond. Tbh I don't think I could cheer for any of that Warriors core after the Harden years.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Nook, who do you consider top 10? Maybe it IDOT, but you start it, because my threads are largely ignored, boohoo. My top 10 in no particular order:

Giannis
    Jokic
    Tatum
    Embid
    Luka
    Lebron - too old to give up the farm for
    Davis - too injury prone to give up the farm for
    Curry - too old to give up the farm for
    Ja
    Butler - too old to give up the farm for

Honorable mentions:
    Booker
    SGA

8. plegus

plegus Member

Your EQ is on the floor as of right now. Not always, but in this case using 'denied' as a source is no relaible than the other source. Politics much?

PS: I wouldnt trade Green+some extra (low level pick, swap or expandable player etc) anything less than young proven star.

Also I especially wanna see KPJ and Green under Ime. They can learn so much from Ime's style and evolve, considering they have seem to be farthest away from said style.

DaDakota and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. plegus

plegus Member

Edit: Removed duplicate comment.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Low key, Tyrese Haliburton should be in this discussion almost as much as SGA. Kid's passing was actually insane for a 22 year old, and his 3P shooting is lights out. Don't think there's any real chance he becomes available, but definitely get on the phone with Indiana if they land in a good position to pick Scoot Henderson and see what they're thinking about that whole situation.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is what I'm hearing...

Sengun could be traded for the right price, Rockets really like him but clearly they think if there is a chance to upgrade the team by trading him they will do so.

Am I an insider now?!

12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You know what's even dumber? We have dozens of threads discussing Jalen Brown; what we'd have to trade, how he'd fit with the team, when all if it started with a 2 minute half in jest Bill Simmons segment that ended with "but if he gets all nba, which he probably does, then, he resigns and this is all meaningless". The cycle of one credible person dropping a crumb and then hundreds of twitter randos trying to look legit by "adding to the story" has to stop.

fchowd0311 and YOLO like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

same

Giannis is another one for me as well…he is the most unwatchable player in the NBA by far to me

watching any Bucks game is a huge chore

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

One day we as a community will stop posting made up info from this Hawks fan forum poster

Today is sadly not that day...

#415 J Sizzle, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
    lakersuck2 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Roosh is an op…he was hating so much on RocketsWatch the few times I used it I couldn’t tell if he was a fan or a hater brought on to bring a different perspective

Os Trigonum and i3artow i3aller like this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This "insider" might increase their zero-credibility if they didn't misspell "feelers" as "fillers" the entire post.

theDude and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the funniest thing is when these fake and fraudulent insiders start feeling themselves after getting some attention so then instead of adding a little flavor and made up behind the scenes context to what’s already been reported by people that are reputable, they start making up their own sh*t that’s not even possible under the CBA or saying team X wants to sign a player in the offseason when a quick google search shows that player’s not even gonna be a free agent

luckyman76 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

That's also not helped by the fact that the Bucks' local announce team has to be the most sedate, monotonous and utterly unentertaining broadcast I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. It's like they were trying to put me to sleep haha.

i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  20. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Getting him would be an ideal dream