1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inevitable Trade causing Team Issues

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Salmons splash on the 18th.

2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I agree, trying to get salaries to match up to 23 mil is not an easy task unless another team really wants to move a high-paid player (that we also want). So many things have to come together to make the right deal work. People on here seem to think its easy. Just know what player(s) you want and call the team and get'em. Not that easy in the real world. I am anxious to see what happens. I think we will get more than one player from different teams.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Fair enough...

But in this case, we really don't know what deals Morey is getting and how that will affect the BIG PICTURE of what he's trying to accomplish.

Also Morey is one that learns from his past or others past.. So he may be looking at what has happen in the past.

But I do understand what you are saying..

4. Garner

Garner Member

Inevitable Trade?

Anyone think this is potentially presumptuous?

Were we all not checking back into clutch fans daily this summer for the new thread Titled "It's time to Contend!! Rocket's trade for (instert all-star)."

If no one bites, I don't see Morey forcing the issue.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Trade Rumor update:

McGrady deal at standstill?
    3:39
    PM ET
    Tracy McGrady | Rockets Top Email

Unlike other hot trades names such as Amare Stoudemire, Antawn Jamison or Chris Bosh, there is little doubt whether Tracy McGrady is actually 100 percent on the market or not.

It's well known that he and the Rockets have agreed to work out a trade before Feb. 18's trade deadline, as McGrady is no longer with the team.

But it's almost been a month since McGrady's been on the market, and no deal has been struck. It's been a bit of time since any proposed deals have been mentioned.

It's still likely something gets done before the deadline, but as ESPN's Chad Ford explains, all potential suitors are offering salary back that the Rockets don't want.

Chad Ford
    Rockets haven't gotten offer they like yet
    "Only teams that want him want the Rockets to take back more salary. If Houston is going to pay someone tons of cash, it has to be someone they really like. So far that guy hasn't been offered to them."

6. GMNot

GMNot Member

Most likely all of the above... assign the percentage as your gut tells you.

It should be fairly predictable as to what options will be available by the deadline.

1) Which teams have been mentioned in trade rumors?

2) What are the records of these teams?

3) Looking at the schedule, what would you predict their records to look like by the deadline?

4) Using these same criteria, are there any "sleeper" teams that might decide at the last minute to become active to either save the season, or make a run at a playoff spot?

I don't think it is likely that there will be suitors popping up from nowhere. The trade threads on the GARM forum have pretty much fleshed out the likely and real scenarios. There aren't that many. I think Morey has some investment in the choices he's made and that in itself may make it harder for him to part with anyone in the rotation -- with, strangely enough, Ariza being a possible exception.

We'll all be waiting (players definitely included) to see what' in the minds of the powers that be.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6837083.html

They can say all they want that it "isn't a problem" but obviously it is on their minds!! :)

The next three weeks of this is going to be a lot of NOT fun.

8. worzel gummidge

I don't think so. The Rockets have just been scouted/worked out by other teams.

9. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

i would rep you
    if i knew how

10. FR0497

FR0497 Member

17-12 before they sent McGrady home. 7-9 since. Definitely an issue.

11. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

Yeah. blame it on T-Mac. He is the reason that Assza cant' shoot and dribble to save his life. He is the reason that our defenses has been lacking. He is the reason... u know what. it's all T-mac's fault!

1 person likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup! And we only have him for 3 more weeks!

Hooray for the Rockets!

Hooray for Houston!

Hooray for school!