1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] Rockets value KPJ’s development over Green’s.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Nov 13, 2021.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Show me where I am flexing

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you're saying you didn't try to imply you had played basketball in AAU or College when you questioned @Downtown Sniper with this post?

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Seeing Ricky Rubio (23) and Darius Garland (24) on this list proves to me that I was right and Mobley's play is benefitting greatly from his pg's play and his coach's system. Jalen is forced at 19 with a small frame to go one on one against every player in the league and we're blaming him for this coach's ineptitudes and KPJ's failures at pg. I think Green would look better on the Cavs as good as Mobley? Probably not but much better and I think Mobley would look much worse on the Rockets.

So listen either the Coach actually makes a system that fits his players and he fixes his rotations or KPJ is going to have to wake up and be a real point guard. If you have superstars you dont necessarily need pass first point guards or dynamic systems that get everyone envolved but we have no such luck. This team has been let down greatly by its Coach and PG and I think the deadline is where we should end both experiments before this rebuild takes 8 years instead of 3.

Obviously I dont think they'll fire SIlas though they should and it seems almost impossible that KPJ becomes a good pg and not just a decent scorer by trade deadline. But we need to hire him a better offensive assistant and make a trade maybe for RJ Hampton or some other young pg and move KPJ to the 3 and start Segun. All that needs to happen by then or I could see us rebuilding this team and being stuck for a long time in rebuild mode with our current situation maybe 8 - 10 years if we dont do this correctly.

We should trade Wood and Gordon . Nothin against Wood but Ive said earlier we are aiming for a top 5 pick and the top 5 guys next year are bigs and we cannot burry Sengun on the bench. If we dont do these things and we're still playing this same way by the deadline this teams future is in big trouble.

theDude likes this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Meh, not a flex.

5. kubli9

Supporting Member

Regardless, I didn't play any basketball growing up except on the playground and I think the same about KPJ, can't believe he made it to the NBA with such a bad attitude. It must be confounding for you, Mr. Basketball elite, that two people from different parts of the world and different experiences with the game arrived at the same conclusion.

6. xaos

xaos Member

You're so angry lol

Denovo likes this.
  7. kubli9

Supporting Member

Definitely annoyed when a poster comes on here trying to act like they know more because they played organized basketball at some point in their life. I would put my amateur basketball knowledge up against your failed AAU logic any day (not that I believe you played any ball to begin with :p.)

8. xaos

xaos Member

So, basketball background aside, if you were a high school coach and your top player was on ESPN100 rank, was the top player in the state, averaging close to 30 points... would you cut him because he had a bad attitude? That's essentially the basketball knowledge we're talking about here.

9. kubli9

Supporting Member

This wasn't what was being talked about. A poster commented they were surprised that KPJ made it to the NBA with such a bad attitude and you responded by questioning whether they had played AAU or college basketball. As if, playing AAU ball is the minimum qualification to make such a statement. You are not only wrong there, but it's been pretty clear that the best players in any given sport are usually the worst minds when it comes to coaching or analyzing that sport.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A reminder the Rockets don't - and Kelly Iko did not write - that they

"value KPJ’s development over Green’s."

Denovo likes this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

Not interested in having a 5 page conversation about this so feel free make some snarky comment to this post, say what you want about me or whatever you got to do to feel better and consider it done.

12. Denovo

Denovo Member

Lol he’s projecting

xaos likes this.
  13. kubli9

Supporting Member

You got called out for your dumb comments, don’t take it so hard.

14. hakeemthagreat

He can't make a layup & is very grossly overrated here. Our best big is Tate, not Sengun

15. hakeemthagreat

The great Sengun messing up another layup

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, you still sound like a complete moron. Tate isn't a big, put down the crack pipe.

cbass likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yes, we get it, you're a one-dimensional troll. Nobody gives a ****.