1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF we lose Lowry, these are our FA options...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eric.81, Jul 14, 2010.

1. kturner77

kturner77 Member

I wonder if there are people who realize that the Rockets were never really in the hunt for most, if not all of the free agents out there. There is no cap space to sign any of them to a max deal, and no reason to sign the average Joe Schmoe free agent to a deal just because, using the MLE.

I tend to think that after not getting Chris Bosh, there is a Plan B, but it was never to sign anyone to a deal straight up, as far as the information the Rockets brass has released. Hold your horses. Remember, adding a HEALTHY Yao Ming is a HUGE pickup for a 42-40 club that just missed the playoffs last season. I tend to think that Daryl Morey is smarter than the rest of us.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer reports that the Bobcats are close to signing free agent PG Shaun Livingston.
    Signing Livingston would appear to put any trade pursuits of Ramon Sessions and T.J. Ford on hold for now. Regardless, Charlotte looks like a good opportunity for Livingston, who would get a chance to compete with D.J. Augustin for the starting job. If he gets the gig, he would make an intriguing fantasy sleeper after averaging 15.5 points and 6.3 assists in eight April games last season.
    Source: Charlotte Observer

looks like we can put the livingston talk to bed.

3. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

I like Arroyo but he's old. I like Livingston, and he's young (24). Will Bynum is also decent (27).

4. AggieRocketsFan

Adrian Wojnarowski WojYahooNBA

Shaun Livingston has agreed in principle to a two-year, $7 million deal with Charlotte, league sources tell Y! Also non-guaranteed 3rd year.

5. Htown's2kFinest

if Will Bynum wasn't a RFA he would've been snatched up a long time ago. But since he is, maybe we can make a offer.

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I wonder if that effects the Sessions trade rumor to Char

7. BreakYoSelfFool

You need cap space to make an offer, and we have none. We cannot sign free agents because of this as well. However we can resign our players even if it takes us over the cap. Also, the rockets are not broke and not in luxury cap territory as of yet.

I think paying 2 mil more a yr for a known player like Lowry over a guy like Livingston with a ton of question marks is a no brainer

8. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i just got done watching the last summer league game, and ishmael smith has been a consistent passer. I would rather him be our 3rd pt guard, but if lowery leaves, he seems like an uptempo guy.

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

LOCK IT UP!

Morey's tweeted that we're matching the offer.

10. mofuggin_OG

mofuggin_OG Member

mustafa shakur is tupac's lil cousin and i aint talkin bull****

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Acie Law is the only interesting guy.