1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Pistons pass on Cade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Jul 27, 2021.

?

If Pistons pass on Cade?????

1. Draft Cade?

101 vote(s)
    74.8%
  2. Trade pick to OKC for #6, SGA, and all our other picks back?

34 vote(s)
    25.2%
  1. VoR

VoR Member

If it fits the team’s timeline, he’ll be a bidder in 2022.

red5rocket likes this.
  2. VoR

VoR Member

People act like Harden made Houston. Houston made Harden. They built the entire team around him and went to ISO because he liked it best.

Salvy likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

he made houston relevant as far as being competitive and back to winning seasons. folks got their first taste of being the worst team in the league without him. being one of the worst teams in the league isn't going away anytime soon. Bringing him up in this thread makes 0 sense btw

Reeko likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Tilman wouldn’t match, then it makes the thought of trading away the 2nd pick for Shai and #6 crazy…if Shai doesn’t miss half the season like he did this year, we will be picking towards the end of the lottery next year…this sorry OKC team went 16-19 with Shai in the lineup

ThatBoyNick and steddinotayto like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

What nonsense. We made the playoffs just 5 times in 13 years before Harden arrived getting past the 1st round just once. We made it every year with him including multiple 2nd round and 2 WCF appearances. We are the worst team in the league immediately after he leaves. Get real

YOLO likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why won’t OKC match, but cheap Tilman will? Houston and OKC are on the exact same timeline.

7. VoR

VoR Member

Name another Houston owner that spent $82 million on two players. I’ll wait.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. VoR

VoR Member

We had our run and we missed it. Tilman moved on when Harden became a piece of garbage. I’m glad he did. Next.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Name another Houston owner that had a championship team and said I will not pay the LT and made multiple moves to cut costs? I’ll wait…

I guess u live in some alternate reality where Tilman isn’t actually cheap

YOLO likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

changes none of the facts that I provided Tilman stan…u can be butthurt about Harden all u want, it doesn’t change what was happening before him, and what happened immediately after he left

next

11. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Cycling through young players? Don’t forget, this past season was the first season OKC missed the playoffs since 2014. They’re just starting their rebuild now.

The same way most people on here agree that we need another top 5 pick in 2022, and possibly 2023 as well, same applies to OKC. And the Wood-SGA timeline debates are very similar too.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t pay SGA. I’m just saying it’s not as far-fetched as people make it out to be when you actually look at OKC’s roster and where they are in their rebuild. There’s an argument for it.

12. PatBev

PatBev Member

You have to take Cade if he’s available

I do however think KPJ and Green will have better chemistry and overall careers together

With Cade I see a ego and him & KPJ having a fallout where the team chooses between the two. Cade seems like he would demand a trade to ring chase also. Doesn’t seem loyal to me lol

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Exactly, its not even a lateral move... It just sets us back and they automatically get a lottery pick for a player they are shipping out anyways. If Houston had Harden, Paul and lets say Capela.... Shai is a good Gordon replacement and could be a good move but that's not the case. If OKC can offer Shai and #6 for Cade then we can offer Wood and #2 and that's a way better offer than OKC... So how about we just keep Wood, and our # 2 and OKC can gtfo...

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

OKC has literally the lowest payroll in the league. Their highest paid player is now SGA with horford gone to Boston. paying SGA who is obviously part of there future does nothing to hurt them and their future. Okc's rebuild actually started when pg13 decided he wanted out, and then they dumped westbrick. So no it didn't just start now. It started when they got SGA

15. VoR

VoR Member

Tilman has brought the team salary up 30-40% since he purchased the team.

Y’all are painfully ignorant about Tilman.

Salvy likes this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

And even then, what the hell is the point of picks if we don't pick and just trade. So we trade for Shai and will most likely trade him to a contender for future picks that wont mean jack because if we are willing to part with a #2 in a good draft class then what will happen with all these eventual higher draft picks? We will be picking for 10 years and still trying to find our our guy after "tempting" bs offers from teams that don't have what we have in value.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Gordon replacement? You are seriously underrating SGA. He averaged 24 points last season with .62 TS% while shooting over 40% from 3. He could easily become “the guy” you build around.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wood-SGA timelines aren’t similar at all…Wood is almost 26, and we would be giving him a big contract at age 28

we don’t have any young player already on the roster that is Shai’s caliber, and OKC is now adding onto that with a top 5 pick this year…they will be bad again next year as well

YOLO and steddinotayto like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

If he was "the guy" OKC would be building around him..... Instead they are trying to build around Cade/Green....

hakeem94 and VoR like this.
  20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

For one, I don’t buy that OKC offered SGA and 6 for 1. But you act like teams never make mistakes while discussing a team that traded away the guy who eventually became one of the greatest offensive players of all time for peanuts.

steddinotayto likes this.