1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was really digging Stone, but after...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 30, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Someone else could teach him rim shots.

Jontro likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If more than $20 million annually is not enough for Lopez, it’s due to the years he’s getting elsewhere, or he simply is willing to take less money to play for a contender.

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We shall see....hope we get him but don't have a good feeling there....think we sign Brooks ?

4. PWR

PWR Member

Your senario would be even better with CP3 and his year in OKC, but either way I would challenge that FVV isn't close to the hall of fame type leader of a Chris Paul. That's not really a knock on FVV because there aren't many guys with that type of leadership style.

5. DVauthrin

You’re right, that CP3 and the Thunder is another good example. VanVleet doesn’t have to be as good of a leader as CP3 for this to work. The Rockets have been playing without a true point guard for the last two season. Simply having one is a big improvement. It allows all the young players to better play their roles and achieve expectations because they have someone that can run a structured offense and get them the ball where they need it.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

But none of those options were ranked higher than FVV on your list… so they’d be cheaper - but lesser, right?
    We don’t need 4 mid level 15m guys - we need a leader.
    Yer gonna bring in 2 guys for all of mins - and what?- 0 for Amen?

7. DVauthrin

I really don’t love the idea of adding Dillon Brooks, but I do think the Rockets have a decent shot at landing him with their remaining cap space.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ok I get the fvv hate; why the hate on green and amen?

roslolian likes this.
  9. PWR

PWR Member

What has FVV's leadership resulted in? Kawhi and Lowry were the leaders during that championship year in Toronto. When they both left, FVV and Siakam took over. What did their leadership get?

And, I wouldn't have drafted Amen. Not a fan of the pick, but I will root for him now that he's a Rocket.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Can you tell me who Stone could've signed instead? Kyrie? Lmao.

Also who the hell are you that Green and Amen need to win you over? JG and Amen are not "blunders" in any way, shape or form. You haven't even seen Amen play he is already a blunder? I also. Like how you conveniently forgot Sengun, Jabari and Cam in your little tirade.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  11. PWR

PWR Member

Again, I hope you're right and I'm wrong since what's done is done. I just disagree with this signing. I would have preferred 4-5 vet additions with that $60 mil that could provide both leadership and shooting.

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, bet we get Brooks....not in love with it either.

13. DVauthrin

It’s fine to disagree with this signing. I wish it was the originally rumored two years instead of three, myself. To your point here, how do you find playing time for four or five veterans while ensuring your young talent gets to play and develop? That would be very difficult. Two or three additions is much more manageable from a rotation standpoint.

#93 DVauthrin, Jun 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    F0rtunates0n and Madmanmetz like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Being 29 is good, we don't have to keep FVV forever we got Amen in the wings. You get a guy in his prime, make him work hard and then let Amen take over.

Who else is on the market? Instead of crying that he is overpaid, who else is worth paying? Kyrie? James Harden? Lol. In the next 3 yrs I like FVV over both those guys.

F0rtunates0n and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I just hope Rockets don't waste our young talents which are selected with many 1st round picks...

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

OP thought Rox were gonna sign Luka, Giannis and Jokic in free agency this season that's why he was so disappointed with FVV.

Xopher likes this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What were the alternatives? That third year doesn't make a ton of sense, who were we bidding against? It seems like a bit of an overpay to get to Houston, don't understand who were bidding against the Mavs for Kyrie either as it was reported there was no one interested. Really need to see some trades done before judging this move with a few too many guards. The other question is why did Toronto not want him?

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

At least the raptors played the right way which is more than can be said about the KPJ led rockets.

DVauthrin and roslolian like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Majority of 1st round picks don't even stay in the NBA for their 2nd deal. Look at OKC the only 1st round picks on their roster worth a damn are Giddey, Jalen Williams and Maybe Chet.

20. PWR

PWR Member

Tate, Garuba, JC, KJM and TyTy should all be replaced by veteran shooters/defenders in my opinion. Focus on the development of Green, Sengun, Tari, Jabari, and Amen(I guess). Surround those core 5 with veteran shooters and defenders, in my opinion.