1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't like the definition of YOF, and it divides the fan group

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 26, 2005.

1. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

If you all leave the site will not go bankrupt; it will go back to where it was before, which was a far better place to talk basketball than it is now.

Good part about this site is Clutch is very fair person, that's why he runs this site so well. Good part this site is not run by you. YOu want me leave, I told you, I have been Rockets fan even before this site avaible. AM I YOF? I can label you YOH for sure

2. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Could someone define what a YOH is. Native Houstonians, non-Chinese, senior members on this BBS who think only they know basketball and like to label anyone who defends on Yao's behalf, etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#102 gotoloveit2, Jan 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. codell

codell Contributing Member

You guys need to settle this like the jets and the sharks

[​IMG]

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

there is no such thing as a Yao Only Hater....that is a term some of yall made up in retaliation for being called YOFs...

as yall use it...it measn "anyone who dares to criticize Yao"....even when he deserves criticism.

you can keep using it all you want...it doesnt make it any more true.:rolleyes:

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Not that predjudice should be taken lightly, but can you find one Chinese poster who doesn't like Yao? There were lots of Germans who given a chance would have spoken out against Hitler and certainly lots of Americans who oppose(d) GW...but when there is mass influx of pro-Yao commentary and a large %age of it is based upon opinions that belie the facts, mentioning it is not "dumb ignorance"...

Regarding your years of being a Francis fan, it's curious you didn't register at CC until the month and year Yao was drafted. I guess I'm just guilty of "dumb ignorance"...or some form of arrogance...it could always just be a coincidence... just like there are no admitted anti-Yao Chinese posters...

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

scutmb,

did you see the thread "Yao's teammates should all apologize to Yao?"

That was posted after an end of the game thrilling win by the Houston Rockets.

Do you really think the boards would be worse off if Yao Only Fans left it? Those are the exact kinds of threads we would be rid of forever.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. gotoloveit2

Talkin' about hypocrisy. I rest my case. :rolleyes:

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy crap, codell!!!! you're amazing!!! brilliant execution on this one, as well!! :D

by the way...i'm ready to trade Yao just to rid ourselves of this incessant crap from day to day. i'll live with bankruptcy if i can be happy!!

GIVE ME BACK MY BOARD!!!!

[​IMG]

#109 MadMax, Jan 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  10. gotoloveit2

Another example.

11. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

GATER,

Isn't it normal for Chinese to root for Yao as Yao is the most capable Chinese NBA player? Just like Houstonians root for Rockets in CC.net. You either root for your team or your man.

vcchlw's post just points out that not all Yao's Chinese fans are unreasonable YOF which Batman Jones tried to label. Are there ignorant YOF? Sure there are. Are there ignorant Rockets Fans? Sure there are.

KH
    P.S. I am a Chinese NBA fan

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we get a "case closed", too?

A "Yao only hater" would be someone who only disses Yao. In other words, the antithesis of a "Yao only fan". I am yet to see one of those in existence. Please direct me to one.

Do you just choose not to read threads on Strickland, Taylor, Howard, Nachbar, Jackson, and Wesley? Does your browser automatically filter out threads not containing the words "Yao", "center", or "China", or are you capable of doing that yourself?

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

the only case being rested is the one proving your blindness to anything that doesnt fit your screwed views...

everyone else sees it....a real shame you dont.

CASE CLOSED

btw...dont bother responding...your stubborness has earned you a position on my favorite list.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

This has to be the silliest thread I've ever seen on thisa BBS. Clutch should make this a sticky and required reading for ALL new members.

Sersiouly folks, this is getting embarassing. How can we give 4 pages to this crap.

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I suppose most posters in CC BBS are Houston Rockets fans. So you expect a "Rockets fan", Chinese or non-Chinese, doesn't like the players in the team? But let me tell you, in my howntown, ie Hong Kong, there are tonnes of Chinese fans critize Yao for being soft and not agressive. They even argue Amare>Yao and should start in ASG instead of Yao. It is understandable because they are not Rockets fans. The argument that Chinese=pro-Yao is just as ridiculous as Americans=pro-MacDonald.

So you expect every time a Yao-only fan posted something like "Yao should score 100 points but Rockets lose" then I should stand up and say "I hereby condemn you because you have made a biased opinion in favour of Yao"? Can I just choose to be silent? I normally pass it because I don't think the annoying posters will go away even if they are bashed. On the other hand it aggravates the situation and creates more pointless arguments. If you are so interested in patrolling around in the forum, tell Clutch to give you a post.

I agree with the idea that there are considerable number of irresponsible posts arguing in favour of Yao at the expense of Rockets are done by Chinese posters, as they root for Yao as a player, rather than the whole team. Nevertheless you have ignored the fact that many other posts are done by non-Chinese as they want to get Yao to the genuine team that they root for. Putting an equal sign between Chinese and YOF, and thereby saying that "the Chinese posters" attribute all Rockets faults to players other than Yao, are just irresponsible.

Your attempt of relating my year of registration at CC to the year Yao was drafted is resonable, but wrong. Let me tell you. I had never known the about CC forum until I was informed by a poster in a local NBA forum. I am not sure if he is still around here but that's the fact. At that time I could only watch 1 NBA game a week so you could imagine not many of them were Rockets basketball. However, Stevie's constant apperance in the highlight reels during his rookie year caught my attention. That's when I first became a Francis and Rockets fan. Nevertheless I don't think the fact that I didn't know about CC until 2002 is strictly a "coincidence". I remember there was a sort of media hype in Yao and NBA in my howntown few months before the draft. This certainly stirred up all the local NBA forums and more people found ways to know more about the NBA. That's why somebody discovered CC and told the others. You don't expect an out-of-US Rockets fan to join the CC BBS immediately after finding a team to root for, especially few years ago.

16. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

How come no one mentions T-Mac_OF's???

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I dont care about anyones Ethnicity or colour, what annoys me tis threads like this.

18. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

there're quite a few actually. one off the top of my head, amed. any single thread of this guy was to diss Yao. i'm sure diehard YOF on this thread can help me name some others.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Of course you'll be happy you parasite, you're a bankruptcy lawyer if I'm not mistaken!

BUSTED!

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's Refman. i'm a corporate shill. or something like that.