1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't like the definition of YOF, and it divides the fan group

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 26, 2005.

1. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

the topic says "I don't like the definition of YOF, and it divides the fan group". Yao-Only-Fans divide the fan group.

Yao-Only-Fans are not Houston Rockets fans they are only fans of Yao Ming.

If Yao is your favorite player that doesn't make you a YOF. If you want Yao to do well and put up great numbers you are not a YOF. If you defend Yao from unworthy criticism you are not a YOF.
    BUT!
    If Yao is your favorite player and the Rockets aren't your favorite team, on this board you could be considered a YOF. Any other board of nba teams you would not get this treatment. THIS is a Rockets board, not a Yao board.

If you want Yao to do well and put up great numbers at the cost of the Rockets losing games then you are a YOF.

And this is the one that irks the hell out of me.. if you want Yao to sign with any team other than the Rockets for the sake of it being "better for Yao".. you are the biggest YOF imaginable and should be on another board where you are welcome.

I defend Yao time after time in nba chat rooms, on other teams messageboards and in person with my coworkers and friends. I am a YOF outside of this board. I am also a TMOF, SOF, JOF, JuOF, DOF, AOF, WOF, or better yet.. I'M A ROCKETS ONLY FAN $@#$$ IT!

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Preach it, Mr Rolo.

And R2K. :D

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'll say one thing about all the hating towards fans of a specific player. I was the biggest hakeem fan in the 80's and 90's. I didnt give a damn if the Rox won or not. Had there been a BBS around, or I had access, I woulda just been as whiny, and would be killing Kenny Smith for not passing the ball to Dream enough, or theorizing that Don Chaney didn't know how to use him better. Look its always like this whenever fans of a team come form a place other than the hometown, the only thing the have to root for is the guy that drew them there. I rooted for Dream for 10 years and even after he left, I still rooted for the Rox. You root for the same guy in the same uni enough years, you develop some loyalty. Some of these guys are annoying, but if you want them o be real fans in a few years, lecturing them and calling them morons (which is true sometimes) just makes them all the more hardcore YOF.

5. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

You know what, if Yao leave, Clutchfans will be very quiet, Clutch will claim bankruptcy again. CLutch , if you like to label fan as YOA, you may be labeled yourself as YOH. But funny thing is because Yao, this site become busy............., sound you do not like it.

6. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Why people like to make racially sensitive jokes?

If the mods do think those jokes are amusing, ban me please!

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Muhuhahaha, Chapter [​IMG] Bankruptcy awaits you! Be forewarned, clutch crew!

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There have been a lot of good people talking about this already. I especially liked Max's Hippie's and R2K's posts.

When people look to blame others for Yao's problems, refuse to recognize different defenses Yao faces, are upset after Rocket victories if Yao wasn't the star of the game, won't tolerate any criticism of Yao whatsoever and lash out at fans who might have a legitimate criticism of Yao, then there is a problem.

I love Yao Ming. I like the way he carries himself, his humor, and a lot of the times I love the way he plays, and I definitely love his potential. But he does have lapses, and I will point them out. I will criticize any Rockets player who doesn't fulfill their potential, or makes mistakes repeatedly. It doesn't mean I don't like them.

It isn't a turf war, but a desire for a better bbs. If we could discuss realistic problems without having to deal with phantom problems of all Yao's teammates ignoring him, or the claims that Yao was open at times when he wasn't etc. the bbs might have a better over all quality of conversation.

9. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I think the old schoolers (Rocket die hards), the haters, and YOFs... need a group HUG

[​IMG]

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, all that money that Clutch is raking in from this will start to fade. I know this website has really been raking it in since Yao came here.

Now back to the world of reality...

Very few people actually want Yao to leave. Those of us who were before Yao came probably don't want Yao to leave, but we wouldn't mind if some of the annoying Yao related unrealistic analysis would leave. Actually I know I do, and I shouldn't speak for anyone else.

11. scutmb

FranchiseBlade, I enjoy your signature so much.....

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

LMAO!! When was this site bankrupt before? and when did this site become a business?

and as for the 'joke' I've only used it 3 times on this board;)

13. scutmb

You have been her since 2003? Sure you do not know, unless you chnaged your name here. You know there was a website called :
    CLuthcity.com?

14. KaiSeR SoZe

I'm pretty sure it was called Clutchcity.net but what does that have to do with anything?

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's correct, http://www.cluthcity.com went bankrupt in late 2001 in a wave of Enron-related accounting scandals. A dark, dark episode. Fortunately, foreign capital flowing from across the pacific and the weak dollar has spurred a phoenix-like rebirth.

16. KaiSeR SoZe

Thank god for Yao! ;)

17. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

It just shows how ignorant u r AGAIN. Rockets is a PROFIT MAKING ORGANISATION. U can buy tickets to the TC to support Kobe, Duncan, KG or whoever u want, as long as u PAY the tickets. This BBS is a NON PROFIT MAKING forum. U are welcome or not is at the webmaster's own discretion. Making donation doesnt make u the shareholder of this forum, it just makes u contributing PART of the operating costs.

To be honest, have u ever support any TEAM in any sports? I support Liverpool FC and I hate those who think/thought Owen or Gerrard is bigger than the club. I think it's not that hard to understand why rocket fans dislike XYZ-only-fans. If the webmaster still tolerates us here, why not take a step back and try to enjoy this forum. What do u think about the uniqueness of this forum? I think it's very organised, well moderated, very active, with some very knowledgable posters who generate some meaningful discussion. However, it seems rocket fans and YOFs dont get along well now. Every thread become flame war between those 2 groups. No matter who's right or wrong, it makes here more and more like espn forum. This forum has lost its uniqueness slowly. Remember this is ROCKET FORUM, if someone needs to take a step back, it's YOF. Until u can honestly say u will follow rockets closely for life, even if yao leaves tomorrow, u will have the equal status with the rocket fans ON THIS FORUM. Just a friendly advice to my fellow YOF, every forum has its uniqueness. Think about it before we post: if our posts make clutchfans transforming to ESPN/Yaomin mania/Sohu forums, why not we might as well join those forums now and leave here alone. Try our best to respect the culture here. Dont get me wrong, I feel frustrated with a lot of posts here and I might have flamed them if this is Yao's forum. Unfortunately this is rockets forum. Just like me, maybe u should only visit this forum when Rockets won the game. Imagine how this BBS explode to criticise Yao if Padgett didnt make the 3 pointer?

Great win by the way.

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

You are a YOF if you call someone else YOH;
    You are a YOH if you call others YOF.
    ;)

19. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

It would be an honor for me to be in that picture, but I don't take credits from those guys. ;)

20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Maybe if this bbs had a Yao exclusive forum, there would be less butting heads?