1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't like the definition of YOF, and it divides the fan group

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 26, 2005.

1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

wow...I don't wanna know how you eat your steak :D

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This actually came out last week when that thread was going on too:
    http://www.freep.com/money/business/kfc17e_20050117.htm

3. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

LMAO, this thread has been pretty interesting.. I actually thought about it during work... came home and it was the first thing I tuned into. I've been a CF.net addict the past few months.. I love this game. The board is awesome.

4. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

Okay, my sock drawer is pretty much organized at the moment...

While I personally didn't find anything offensive about that joke, keep in mind that comments regarding Fried Chicken directed at Tiger Woods a few years ago got a lot of folks upset. Neither side helped the matter by alternatively insisting that no racial connotations/offense was meant or that the comments were blatantly racist and that people needed to be more sensitive. Lesson learned? None by reading the comments in this thread. People should just shut up when it comes to certain topics I guess.

Clutch, I respect your work and effort on behalf of the team but I am a little dissapointed in your actions. Go ahead and cancel the guy's account if you want but there is no need to humiliate him with a final dig. Just a bit too high school-ish for my taste.

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

...whipped 'em again, Josey.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I take it back. This site would be worse without the YOF here. See what a great thread this was? Who would want a basketball bbs without threads like this one?

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

LOL...does anyone else find this incredibly funny, to even just read? Who knew these words would actually be uttered by someone in print one day

8. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Although this post was entertaining to say the least, i'd still prefer a YOF depleted bbs. In the end, the Rockets fans won.

9. 12345

12345 Member

The day there's no YOFs on this site is the day that Yao is no longer a Rocket and I don't think any Rockets fan here would be happy about that.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

man....I have been forcing myself to stay away from posting anymore in here....I had to respond to CLutch's picture.....it was a moral imperative....

but since you called me out....

a big FYI.....and yes, I realize it is a lousy joke....but still...

There is someting inherently wrong with a ex-musician longhair scum hippy wearing cowboy hats....I aint never owned one...and I normally laugh at the morons that wear them....

just a little bit of background info for ya...:p

11. hotballa

I eat chicken... only time I eat beef is when its slapped in between 2 sesame toasted buns with cheese, lettuce tomato, pickles...****, my mouth just started watering... I'll get to your post in a sec R2K, I'm a hungry guy right now

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I'm eating some hartz chicken right now its pretty damn good.

but how do you eat pecking duck with the duck pecking at you?

why not eat a duck thats not so hostile toward you?

one of those things that make ya say hmmmmm

13. hotballa

Man how the hell does hippy scum end up in a red state :D

14. hotballa

You know how Texas Steak restaurants make money?
    They charge double for the rare steaks.

15. michellexiao

michellexiao Contributing Member

I suggest we have some written rules to follow what types of posters should be warned/banned. Especially I see most posters here now paid their money to visit this forum.

Someone please tell me what exactly the joke is?

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

You guys talking bad about Texans! Watch out....I'll sick Big Tex on you! :D
    He's got them rifles in that their pick-up truck...over-yonder....outback...behind the shed...

...you get the picture. ;)

[​IMG]

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks.

OK, I think what was clearly missed from that thread was the beautiful post Will made:

if Clyde Drexler had shown up for preseason overweight after opening his BBQ restaurant and playing golf all summer, I might have accused him of spending too much time on the links.

Bravo, Will.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Not really. He went out of his way to make things turn to crap around here; and we all have dipped in a little to help out with the site, as well. If you don't give respect or take your actions as it relates to others into consideration, then you can't expect it in return.

Anyhow...amazing how this thread has taken such a complete turn. :D

19. hotballa

Wow blue shirt with lighter toned blue. He needs to go on What Not to Wear! Denim was sooo last millenium

20. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Awe, that's nutthing....
    Much of Texas is still living in the 1880's. I think they still ride horses to work!

;)