1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am proud of this team!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 22, 2012.

1. albuster

albuster Member

This. Besides, the players were expected to play their hearts out anyway. They are paid big salaries and are privileged and lucky to be playing in the NBA so they just did what they were supposed to do.
    I know many, if not most NBA players, do not play the way they are supposed to, but it is on them and there is no lack of examples of what happened to them. Losing for so many years is nothing to be proud of. There are no moral victories in a league where money is the be all and all of its existence, just like every professional sports league.

2. Dei

Dei Member

Fans with standards.

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Maybe I misspelled a word but your reading comprehension is on the Evelyn Wood Idiot level. So let me explain... we do not have enough talent on this roster and that's not the players fault.

We need to rebuild and every year we wait to do that is another year we are postponing the inevitable bottoming out by trying to rebuild without losing. Three years in a row we have done this and 3 years in a row we have finished out of the playoffs but with the worst lottery pick possible.

This league is made up of stars. We have none and all the other good teams have at least one and some have three. Some teams have 3 players better than anyone on our team. Stars don't leave teams to come to Houston. Maybe they do for Ny or LA but not for Houston, not in their prime.

Teams don't trade away stars. The only reason any team would trade us a star is if they thought they were going to lose that star. What makes Morey think they won't leave us too. If we want a true star we have to rebuild. What does rebuilding mean? It means dumping players that are not part of the future and playing the young players that are? That alone should make us bad and qualify for a high lottery.

We have a team almost on the brink of that. But unfortunately this team is filled with a bunch of hard working over achievers. It's not their fault they are not as talented as Lebron and Wade. It's not the players fault God didn't give them that kind of talent. But they played their hearts out with the God given talent they had. It doesn't take away the fact that we our in the worst position in the lottery again. But it is not the players fault! If you disagree fine but don't be an idiot!

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NzQImB29sZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Nook

Nook Member

And you seem like humpty dumpty sitting on a wall.

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

No Morey is Barrows at the plate.

But it does not even matter because there is no Casey on the roster to offer the likelihood of victory, no one in the stadium because no in the town cares, and no media to cover the game so the poem never actually gets written.

7. pass_to_Hakeem

I agree . . I said this back before game 1 when a lot of people thought we had a team that would make the playoffs ..
    We are short at least 1 All Star/ 2 would be great but 1 PUHLEASSSEEE

I love our team, with the exception of K Martin , maaaaaaybe Lowry if we can package them up for an All Star then I believe this team will be pretty solid .. Everybody is on P Pat's nuts and wants him traded, but he is a solid backup. Scola played great, Camby, Lee GORAN for sure..lets add an ALL STAR!!!! we don't need to blow up the team and start over, **** we are already 1 of the youngest teams out there, what will that do? We need to get that ALL STAR this summer, somebody "has to come here for the amount of money we will be throwing at them" ...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are clearly one borderline allstar away from the 8th spot, one allstar from the playoffs...

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wait fellas, we are one LeBron or Kobe from winning the chip!! This team has a bright future!!!

not to mention we get our annual fix of

"Rockets trying very hard to get into the Top 5 of the Draft"
    "Rockets acquire second round pick from The XXX's YYYs for cash plus future considerations"
    "Rockets interested in Dwight Howard/Andrew Bogut/Carmelo Anthony/Kevin Love/Chris Kaman/Emeka Okafor/Amar'e Stoudamire/Chris Bosh/*insert star name here*"
    "Rockets sign second round rookie to 4 year deal, 2 guaranteed and 2 team option"
    "With the 14th pick of the 20xx draft, Rockets select the 6'9 Forward out of...."
    *Rockets open to the rental of *insert disgruntled star here*"

who said we weren't in the media spotlight.

1 person likes this.
  10. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I'm tired of being "proud" after getting poor results. We haven't been relevant for years, but for some reason I always seem to accept it at the end of each year. All this does is leave me with false hope for "next year". Screw that, I'm not proud this year. I'm embarrassed. I expect changes, and I want results.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This post-season rationalizing is sad and predictable, like Groundhogs Day without the happy ending: