1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

I'm proud of this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Summer Song Giver, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Summer Song Giver

I think they've played one hell of a series and a break here and there and we could be up three one. It's only our first playoff series and this team proved that no matter what they belong here, with a few minor tweaks I think we can get back next year and challenge for home court in the first round. That's progress and that's what this team must continue to do. I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and it has solidified my belief that this core of players can be a team that can win a championship.

I hope we can win the next game but even if they don't I would hope this series would serve as a wake up call to all of us who like to bash individual players on this team that this is our team and when it matters they go out there and bust their asses for this city, they won't come up short next time. I believe that!

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Excellent and refreshing topic.

I too am proud. The Rockets are giving the Lakers everything they can handle and are two missed shots away from being up 3-1 instead of down 1-3.

Alas, the cream rises to the top, and the Lakers vets are just too much for our inexperienced team.

All that matters at this point is, our team is going through a learning experience that will only benefit them when we are ready to be legit contenders in another year or so.

3. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Amen -- I was thinking the same thing as I was leaving the Toyota Center. Everybody on the team played their hearts out. Being down by 11, coming back, playing hard defense, rebounding, making tough offensive plays, and keeping their poise really showed what this team is made of.

All we need is a decent PF and I think we will establish ourselves as a top 5 team for years to come.

4. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

agree. they competed very hard today.

i guess it's sort of funny that Francis's stock has dropped again dispite him going out and doing exactly what he did in game 2, which is play under control and distribute the ball. 9 assists. minus the killer turnover at the end he had a good game.

also good news:

Nachbar... a foul a minute but an ACTUAL NBA player. If he can hit the jumper which I know he can he will be solid. If he can start, and you move Jackson to the two...

I can see how you can keep the core of this team together and win. Steve Francis definitely does not hurt the team, and over the past few games you can see that he knows what the balance should be. So if he can prove that he can hold himself to that balance... there's no need to trade him. But that's still a big if in my mind.

If we can get a PF that can shoot, all we need is another year under the current system, more experience which we are getting everyday, and this is a championship caliber team.

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I am proud to say that I am also proud :D

This team is alot of fun!

6. yipengzhao

Good job realizing man, Mr. Every Post is About Yao not Having Testicles. :p

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Today is how it all starts. I'm disappointed, but I'm not upset. I love all my Rockets.

8. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I feel the same way. Whatever the outcome will be, we fought hard and scared the hell out of lakers.

SSG, since when you turned not so negative on Yao? I thought you felt we had to get rid of him in order to progress.

9. yipengzhao

Naw man... I think he's come around. Either than or he's doing one of those three day moratoriums.

10. littlefish_220

What I want to say is,

I am proud of you, boki!

11. Char

Char Member

Thank Rockets.
    Thank everyone in the team.
    This team is young and unexperienced.
    But they have done their best to prove that so called mighty F4 team is nothing but a disgrace to the league.

12. yipengzhao

F4 is a Taiwanese boy band. Don't call the Lakers F4. I really don't like the Fakers either, their roster is made up of vets who've toiled night in night out over a long period of time. Obviously some of them are cheap bastards, but they are good basketball players and I respect that.

13. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Great Topic! every rocket fan should be proud of what this team has accomplished against the Lakers. They certainly have given Phillip and company a run for their money. We were pretty damn close to having a 3-1 series lead on them. This experience will only strengthen our guys for next year. Now they know what it's all about but remember...

it's 3-1, it aint over until its over

[​IMG]

14. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

oops

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Count me in as one proud Rox fan. :D

But let's not give up on the season already. We still have 3 more games to play.

16. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

This team really is made for the playoffs. They were loosing by 10 points in the fourth quarter and they didn't give up. Even though there were stretches where the Rockets couldn't score they still kept on playing and took the lead. And the crowd kept cheering them on. Even though game 1 was ugly we kept the game close. And these last 2 games have been played hard. For a team that is a rookie to the playoffs they sure don't play like one.

17. xicloud

xicloud Contributing Member

The team has excelled my expectation. However, losing two close game makes me frustrated.
    Yao's defense is solid. But I hope he can do better on the offense end. And we really need some pure shooters can hits the open 3s. Cat sometimes is red hot. Sometimes just like missed too many long range shots.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I am very proud of this team, BUT...

Since your main point is the idea that we need only "minor" changes, I disagree. We will need some major additions to compete for the title. Remember that we are the 7th seed, we stumbled down the stretch, and even if we can beat the Lakers we have the likes of San Antonio, Sacramento, and Minnesota to contend with.

I would like to see a- legitimate starting PF, another ballhandler off the bench (preferably under the age of 40), and some more depth (also preferably under 40).

But the biggest change we need is for Yao to be a superstar. And then we won't need T-Mac or anyone like that...

#18 Mr. Clutch, Apr 25, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  19. Char

Char Member

Buddy, it's the press who gives them the name of Fab 4, not me.

20. yipengzhao

really? well then i apologize, i've never heard them called the F4 before. sounds like a key on your keyboard.