1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many points did t-mac get in 4th Q in both games??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jason_long, Apr 21, 2008.

1. eaglewu2

eaglewu2 Member

From 0 to 1 that's a great improvement. Tmac fans will cheer it. Then the next game, Tmac can get 2 points in the fourth court, that's another 50% improvement.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

can't think of any other instances off the top of my head where "superstars" were too tired to perform in the 4th. can't imagine lebron or kobe (or about 20 other players) peter out like that and think it's excusable because they were tired.

3. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

I agree, he doesn't get double teamed this year as much, but what about when he was having to create for Smush Parker, Vujacic, Mihm, Bynum before he was good? Those guys were notorious for missing layups and open shots but did Kobe ever get tired? I know they didn't get out of the first those two years, but was it because Kobe got tired? No, he went down firing all the bullets in his gun.

No, I didnt compare the Wizards defense to the Jazz defense. What difference does it make when you're getting knocked to the ground and elbowed in the face? Who cares what jersey they have on, it still hurts, but he gets back up and goes for more.

4. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I'm sure Lebron and Kobe have suffered from back injuries that have almost completely destroyed their athleticism.

If you can't see the difference in their situations and McGradys now... then wow.

5. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

tmac played great this game and everyone that played scored pts so we just got defeated by a superior team without our allstar center and starting pg, nothing to be bitter of, better luck next year.

6. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Now tell me what happened when Rudy T had him being the primary everything in his 1st year with no Shaq (just like tmac).

Remember how many times Kobe got tired in the 4th?

How about missing the playoffs altogether?

Im sure you didnt

7. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

Kobe's playing with torn ligaments in his shooting hand. Stop making excuses.

8. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

amen...people are looking for a scape goat and Tracy isn't it

9. planB

planB New Member

none of the analysts are even complaining about tmac, so why should we

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

lolol. huh? no offense, but you got no brains kiddo.

you cant have it both ways. either he's a superstar and he let us down in the 4th, or he's a washed up, injury-riddled vet who we never should have realistically expected to carry this team anyway.

take your pick.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

smart thinkin. none of the analysts ever thought we had a chance to win, so why should we

12. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

You mean the year he missed 16 games? Yea, I'm sure that had nothing to do with it.

13. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Kobe never created for them. Kobe scored points and passed when he couldn't get a shot up. Listen, the reason teams always try and crowd and double team McGrady is that he can beat you in so many ways. If you stop him at the perimeter, around the three point line, you can stop him from creating for others. If Tmac goes off, starts hitting, and passing and breaking down the defense, his team wins. He gets the whole team in a rhythm. If Kobe starts going off scoring, you can still beat the Lakers.

14. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

One, don't assume i'm a "kiddo".

Two, find a specific post in this thread where I've claimed that McGrady is on the same level as a Kobe Bryant or a Lebron James. My name isn't an indicator for how I post.

It's blatantly obvious he isn't at the same level he was at before the injuries - no one on this board has argued that. His performance tonight was a lot better than what a "washed up, injury-riddled vet" could provide. He still can contribute but not at the level we're accustomed to seeing him at.

If he isn't back to that after another offseason I've got a pretty strong suspicion that the McGrady experiment in Houston will be over. Perhaps along with his career.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

thread=fail

it takes 5, nuff said

16. Prettyfly

Prettyfly Member

what the hell man. we're already down 0-2. We don't ****ing need anymore of this negativity.

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I love how all you armchair-three-point-assassins can get on a guy's case for having an awesome, nearly triple double, 43 minute, defensive, grind it out game, performance.

We all know you guys would have faired better against the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association.

We're all certain you supermen would have gotten that triple double, 2 more blocks and about 15 more points.

But I, for one, am not you...

So I can't comment on what T-Mac got in the 4th.

Because it's still 100% more than I can get in an NBA playoff game.

But that's me.

18. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

I agree with a lot of this, but come on, what about when he's being guarded one on one and has an open lane to the basket? There's no one outside of maybe AK-47 on the Jazz that can stay in front of T-Mac. I'm not asking him to hit all of his jumpers, I'm asking him to get to the rim when there's no one between his defender and the rim, and finish not dish it off to Scola for a tougher shot or Brooks who has no business even standing at the 3 point line. Have you ever seen anyone catch an alley-oop pass in mid air and pass it to someone?

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

so, you are blaming him being too tired in the 4th quarter on his injuries, yet saying he's not a superstar anyway, so it's not surprising?

you're all over the place, son. sleep this one off and maybe you'll wake up with a clearer head.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

just an all-around weird, weird post. i think tensions are high after this game, and alot of you guys ought to just take an ambien and hit the hay. y'all are getting a little spacey and incoherent.