1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many points did t-mac get in 4th Q in both games??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jason_long, Apr 21, 2008.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Aldeman should have let him play the whole 4th..you can tell when he came back in that he was out of his rhythm and that killed us at the end.

2. Landlord Landry

r****ded post.

3. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

The problem is that he's our superstar, our main player. He's expected to do what other franchise players do, step up in the last quarter and hit the big shots. Look at Kobe, LeBron, Arenas, Duncan. All of them are their team's star player, and when it's crunch time, they step up.

4. jason_long

jason_long Member

interesting, because yao was phenomenal for 3 Quarters as well

maybe we should appeal the league to change the game to 3Q instead of 4

5. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

F YOU TMAC HATERS!
    Tmac played like a superstar

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He choked. Nothing else to say.

7. Joshyk

Joshyk Member

its hard when there is constantly 2 guys in front of you, that is why he was passing the ball but his teammates couldnt hit any shots

8. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

yeah, however putting Luther Head in that game was dumb. The walking TO almost got a TO but I believe Brooks bailed him out.

I can't believe Luther. He did NOTHING tonight.

9. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

He led the team in every freaking category. When you don't get enough rest in the game, you are eventually going to run out of gas. Forget the flop by Kirilenko. I blame this loss on free throws.

10. jason_long

jason_long Member

whatever dude, these two games suck.
    i thought we could at least win one

11. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Yep...completely forget about the 23/13/9/3/2 that enabled the Rockets to be in position to win this game.

12. JDMDC2

JDMDC2 Member

dont make excuses for tracy im not gonna call him tmac no more because he is a puss Ive been one of his strongest supports but damn to score 1 point in the forth quarter of a playoff game let alone a must win game is inexcuseable. Dont use the excuse of getting double teamed of PnR as an excuse do you think kobe or lebron would score only one damn point in the 4th quarter of two playoff games? Collins is right you can't just get doubled in the PnR and then just give up you have to get free and get the ball swung back to you and make your move. Not just let a double take you out of the whole damn play. And for all who says playoff tmac THERE IS NO MORE TMAC he is dead back spasms killed him we are left with Tracy. Im sorry but I dont think he'll ever make it out of the first round even if we still had Yao and Alston I think we would still lose to the Jazz as much as I hate them. It is a sad day for me because what used to be one of my favorite NBA players has slip a notch in my belt.

13. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

You guys need to stop saying "T-Mac needs to go hard to the basket" because it doesn't work he can't hit FTs if it depended on his life.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Yeh Luther is garbage..

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Great idea! We'd have been down 20pts by halftime then!! :rolleyes:

16. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Actually, Scola shot 6/10 from the FT. You have got to give him more credit than that. ;)

In all serious though, we really do need to work on our freaking FT's and layups. Our FT percentage has been haunting us the whole year.

17. lalala902102001

Hey, in case you forgot, we are missing two of our three best players. When your second option is a 35-year-old Bobby Jackson, what kind of defense do you expect on TMAC?

18. Glacier

Glacier Member

The Jazz's strategy worked. They tired out TMac.

However, it's still unacceptable that he as a great player played at such a bad level in the 4th quarter.

19. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Do you understand anything about basketball, or human fatigue? THERE IS NO WAY, UNLESS YOUR A SUPERHERO, YOU CAN KEEP UP THAT KIND OF PLAY FOR THE WHOLE GAME.

20. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Can someone please actually verify if the Jazz double Mac? From what I've seen, that's a negative. Well, if by double you mean right in front of your face, trap, 2 guys shadowing you all night...I've seen some weak doubles, but seriously most of the time it's Korver/AK47 or Harpring 1 on 1 with McGrady. Once he enters the zone, the defense collapses...but lol, that happens to friggin everyone who can make a lay-up...

I'm saying this because Sloan is notorious for single coverage and because I'm really starting to hate on the excuses...:/. Watch MJ Highlights of the Utah series (with a plurial) and you'll soon realize how sickingly single-covered he was almost every time down the floor...(a perfect example being "the shot"...no help defense there at all)