1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How is having Artest on the Rockets going to affect our image

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okierock, Oct 12, 2008.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

What are you talking about. No one like the spurs.

2. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

You guys need to pay a visit to the playgrounds at Queens, NY. Comparing to those thugs, our Artest is all MILK & COOKIES.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, enough of being the "nice guys" (losers) who never get out of the first round. Fat lot of good that does us. It's like being the fat friend that the good looking chicks keep around so they can feel sorry for her.

And I agree, Ron is just playing the way he's played every game his entire life, starting from the playground. He's not dirty so much as consistent.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Playing nice hasn't made it to second round yet.

I dont care if we trump the Bad Boys from Detroit - as long as we advance deep into the playoffs.

JUST WIN.

5. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

We won't be looking like a bunch of cookie selling girl scouts who helps up opponents and make sure they're alright. If swinging a punch only cost you a game or 2 like before I'd want T-Mac to swing on both House and Walker.

6. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Who give a phuuk, just win baby!

7. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

As long as we bring home the trophy, I don't care what the team's reputation is.

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I think the image thing does make a difference in the way the other teams treat us. I think the number of occurrences like what happened with Boston will increase. Not sure if thats a good thing but if Yao will start demanding respect he might start getting some calls so in that aspect I think it's a good thing.

I definitely think a little more toughness is needed to get to the finals.

9. i hate the mavs

[​IMG]

yao? not a thug????

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The Rockets will now look more like they mean business and fully fitting the role of contender!!! :p

11. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

who the hell cares!!

12. sook

sook Rookie

stupid thread tbh...

[​IMG]

13. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

the only image i'm worrying about is the image of not winning a championship....

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

Teams are acutally going to be scared of us now..finally

15. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I don't think Artest and Dorsey need to get into fights to change our toughness.
    Just having them around makes our other players tougher. Scola, Landry, Hayes, Battier, are all tough as nails - and none are the least bit mean.

Its a collective consciousness that just got clearer, more confident, more dominant. And I think its happened by just being around Artest and Dorsey.

Collectively we now have a different look. Its not the look of a bully, its the look of a team you are not going to intimidate. We are more alpha-dogs than we were last year.

16. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

speaking the truth, I thought there was going to be a fight for sure when Paul Pierce flipped Artest on his back during the Houston vs. Boston game :D

17. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Is there any video footage of the Artest and Pierce incident? I know it wasn't a big deal but I just like to see what really happened.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

It started in that game against the Jazz where Landry used his mouth to punch Carlos Boozer in the elbow.

19. Possum

Possum Member

Now our image will be WINNERS!!!

20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Your input is worthless as usual.