1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you stop Obama? "Kill him" according to McCain/Palin supporter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Oct 6, 2008.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We must all respect Clutch's AUTHORITI!

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

today from Josh --

Starts to Seem Commonplace

From NBC's FirstRead ...

Like I said, I think it's going to take a few burning in effigies to catch people's attention at this point.

--Josh Marshall

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Seriously... GWB has been burned in effigy... and? :rolleyes:

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not by supporters at a Gore or Kerry rally.

5. IROC it

And the opposite has happened where?

The implications and accusations are baseless, my friend. It's pointless to stir up this kind of thing.

No need to "Recreate '68" as the group at the DNC was trying to do. No point in it.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well supporters of McCain/Palin have shouted "Kill him" "Off with his head" and "terrorist."

One of those might not have been aimed at Obama, but it is disturbing none the less.

7. IROC it

It very well may be that none of them were aimed at Obama, and that all of them were aimed at Ayers, who up until 1990 would be sentenced to death for treason.

Is this not plausible?

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't think it's plausible that the terrorist comment was aimed at Ayers. Also Ayers committed his crimes prior to 1990. He and his wife turned themselves in in 1980. They were not executed.

9. M&M

M&M Member

It is more than deplorable that so much news time is given to this issue. It is allowing the fools involved to become the story. I am sure that is exactly what they are looking for. I doubt giving them this attention stops them from feeling the power they are seeking. If anything, the media should help stop it by not giving it any run. Since when did one or two voices lead the rest of the nation to the brink of fear and anxiety? I for one am more concerned that these stories will stir up more hatred and breed a real situation than the media realizes. I felt the same in the 1980's when the anti-drug campaigning seemed to also teach children what to do in order to take drugs and how to spot them. One could argue that as a result the drug epidemic grew exponentially. Why should the media now give so much attention to hate mongers? It is most disturbing either way. Hatred craves attention and I feel it should be suppressed by not giving it the attention it craves. You can see that much on these boards every day. I see it all over the internet. For that matter, it is seen in every day life. Some say, "don't feed the trolls" and yet they feed hatred by paying it the attention it seeks. Sure it must be looked into and reported. But is it not best to report it to authorities and not media first? The moral issue at hand is whether or not it is more important to sell newspapers and commercials during a program or is it more important to crush hatred by not giving it a repeated spotlight. America's desire for entertainment has to also be tempered with a dose of reality. Most of those filled with enough hatred to actually be emboldened enough to yell these things out in public are not dealing in reality and have no real grasp on what is best for the whole of society. Entertainers and news organizations should do a bit of self policing in some cases before allowing the greed of more ad dollars to get in the way of good judgment when reporting stories that some unrealistic people may misinterpret and take these ideals of hatred upon themselves and act accordingly. I can not understand why the sensationalistic stories take precedence over basic wisdom and common sense. We should all be aware that some are so hateful/ We should not however allow that hatred to be spewed freely on a repeated loop when we all know it is not correct. I am fully for the right to expression and the Free Speech Amendment but I can not condone basic lack of discretion in the media. When will we learn that we do not need to know every single hateful detail about what every nutcase says or does?

10. rocket3forlife2

More spewing of hate at McCain rally from his base.

I'm still waiting on those of you who claim that Obama supporters or doing the same thing to post your proof.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vL20TdHjX2s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vL20TdHjX2s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

The way to stop Obama can be summed up in two words.

TERM LIMITATION

12. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

McCain is a prick

At the last debate, he said "We're proud of our supporters that attend the rallys"

If he's proud of all of this crap he can shove this election up his behind

It just shows the true colors of rednecks like Palin and an old man waited too long and is now one who's desperate to make a last impression on life before he leaves this earth.

13. rocket3forlife2

McCain renews attacks on Obama links to radical

by Rob Woollard Rob Woollard – 2 hrs 16 mins ago

MIAMI, Florida (AFP) – Republican John McCain renewed his attacks on Barack Obama's ties to a 1960s radical here Wednesday as he targeted voters in the key battleground state of Florida.

McCain, who has refrained from linking Obama to Bill Ayers during recent campaign speeches, went back on the offensive six days before the November 4 polls in an interview with a Spanish-language radio station in Miami.

"I think this whole issue of the relationship with Bill Ayers needs to be known by the American people," he told Radio Mambi. "Senator Obama said it was just a guy in the neighborhood. We know much more than that."

Ayers was a member of the "Weathermen" movement, classified by the FBI as a "domestic terrorist organization," which carried out a series of attacks to protest the Vietnam War, including on the Pentagon and US Capitol.

Obama met Ayers early in his political career in 1995 but his campaign has said he has not spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages with him since Obama became US senator in 2005.

McCain went on to accuse the Los Angeles Times of refusing to publish a video it had obtained of Ayers attending an event with a member of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).

"I don't care much about an old, washed-up unrepentant terrorist, and his wife who was on an FBI top 10 wanted list," McCain said.

"But we should know about their relationship, including apparently information that is held by the Los Angeles Times concerning an event that Mr Ayers attended with a PLO spokesman."

McCain appeared to be referring to a Los Angeles Times article from April which said Obama knew and attended a farewell party for Rashid Khalidi, a former PLO spokesman, during his academic career in Chicago. The article makes no mention of Ayers's presence at the event.

"The Los Angeles Times refuses to make that videotape public. I'm not in the business of talking about media bias but what if there was a tape with John McCain with a neo-Nazi outfit being held by some media outlet?

"I think the treatment of the issue would be slightly different," he said, saying Ayers had a "long relationship" with Obama, who was eight years old when the Weathermen were waging their radical campaign.

"It's not that Barack Obama was eight years old when Mr Ayers was committing acts of terror, it's all about the long relationship on foundations, for his book and launching his political career in Mr Ayers living room," McCain said.

The interview was one of several given by the 72-year-old senator to local radio in Miami as he attempts to woo the influential Hispanic vote in Florida , a state he almost certainly must win in order to take the White House.

Later McCain took aim at recent comments by former Cuba president Fidel Castro, who had ridiculed the former pilot's low grades at naval academy.

"I notice in the past couple of days that Fidel has made his preferences known in the campaign and had some very unkind things to say about me," McCain said. "My feelings are hurt."

More than one million Cuban-Americans live in Florida, and McCain said he was acutely aware of the group's possible influence in the election race.

He attempted to tap into anti-Castro sentiment by vowing to "restore freedom and democracy" on the island, criticizing Obama for advocating a policy of diplomatic engagement.

"I think we all know that the Cuban-American vote can be vital to whether I win Florida or not," McCain said. "So I do want to say again that we will never waver in our mission to restore freedom and democracy.

First rural whites, now Cuban Americans McCain has ran the most dirty, racist campaign since Richard Nixon.... this is starting to get really ugly.

14. rocket3forlife2

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081029/pl_afp/usvotemccain

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

16. rocket3forlife2

The guy claims he puts his country first over politics, so if people don't point out the obvious race batting he is using with rual whites and now Cubans, then how stupid or we?This is not 1960 it's 2008, and this kind of open divisiveness of our country shoud be out of bounds.After this election we all have to live together.

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it never happened, sayeth the secret service, you know, those guys protecting Obama and McCain.

[rquoter]During a heated moment in his final presidential debate with Sen. John McCain, Sen. Barack Obama noted the anger of some supporters at rallies for McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. "All the public reports suggested," Obama said, that people shouted "things like 'terrorist' and 'kill him'." Making a death threat against a presidential candidate can be a crime. But even before Obama cited "reports" of the threats at the debate, the U.S. Secret Service had told media outlets, including NEWSWEEK, that it was unable to corroborate accounts of the "kill him" remarks—and according to a law-enforcement official, who asked for anonymity when discussing a political matter, the Obama campaign knew as much. Now some officials are disgruntled that Obama gave added credence to the threat by mentioning it in front of 60 million viewers. At this point in the campaign, said one, candidates will "say anything to make a particular point."

During a warm-up speech for Palin at an Oct. 15 rally in Scranton, Pa., a journalist with the city's Times-Tribune paper, David Singleton, reported hearing someone say "kill him"; he told NEWSWEEK that the remark was made casually, rather than angrily, by a male voice. Singleton stands by his account, but he acknowledges that he was unable to identify who made the remark. Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren says his agency examined videotape from an earlier Palin event in Clearwater, Fla., at which a similar threat was supposedly made, and concluded that the voice could've been saying "tell him" or "tell them." But Washington Post reporter Dana Milbank, who was in Clearwater, said "the guy was a few feet in front of me … '[T]ell him' doesn't make any sense as a response to what Palin was saying." An Obama campaign spokesman told NEWSWEEK that "whether or not the [Secret Service] is investigating that particular comment is irrelevant. What is true is that the tone of the rhetoric at McCain-Palin campaign events has gotten out of hand."[/rquoter]

18. rocket3forlife2

Yeah right!

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This is why people think you are sleazy.

While the Clearwater FL. incident may not have been there is no significant findings to indicate the PA event was false.

Why do you excuse this?

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/articles/2008/10/14/news/doc48f4ba8994588930223377.txt

In addition there was the GOP rally where someone shouted "Bomb Obama"

I will be the first to admit we can't claim it happened for sure with the Fl. incident, but you are disgusting to not condemn the other two incidents which did happen.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Mob at McCain rally attack Obama supporters