1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you stop Obama? "Kill him" according to McCain/Palin supporter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I never said all supporters of one side hated the other. But there is hate from supporters of both sides. It also seems that the really seething hate is disproportionately coming from the extreme right.

I dislike McCain (at least in his current incarnation) and his policies but I don't hate him. I would never wish death, injury, or illness upon him, especially if he defies the current odds and becomes POTUS. ;)

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Exactly, just because you don't agree with someone's political view doesn't mean you have to hate them as a person or want to kill them. This is not Iran or North Korea!

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I agree. PLEASE DON'T DIE IF YOU BECOME PRESIDENT, McCain.

I support a 'Weekend At Bernie's' emergency plan, just in case. I can't imagine Palin taking over the reigns.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

NINJA YODA QUOTE TIME!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

But she can.

If McCain wins, he should employ tasters. Heck, I'd volunteer for that duty.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Secret Service Looking Into Potential Threat Against Obama

The Secret Service is following up on media reports today that someone in the crowd at a McCain/Palin event suggested killing Barack Obama, according to Secret Service spokesman Malcolm Wiley. The shout of "kill him" followed a Sarah Palin rant on Obama's relationship with radical Chicagoan Bill Ayers.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We hate freedom of course! ;)

8. Landlord Landry

I thought that plan was put into effect about 6 months ago??

so what if some dude said 'Kill Obama'. Let the authorities deal with it, I'm sure there are less than stellar Obama supporters.

I have to admit, if Obama is elected, I do wonder how some radical Americans will deal with the fact that the United States has a black president. There are some real loons out there.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

/thread

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I got a good kick at his weird facial gestures.

11. conquistador#11

No one hates this country.

Our founding fathers were great revolutionaries who fought against tyranny. Do you think the second amendment was given to us to shoot quail on the weekends? or to gun down someone who walked away with our HDTV? It was given to us so we could rise up against a corrupt government. The real TJ, thomas jefferson would have been proud of ayers.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard some pretty extreme stuff coming from both sides. Heck there was a lot of pretty extreme stuff during the primaries among those of nominally on the same side.

13. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Interesting.

I reported this thread to the authorities BTW.

14. mc mark

Clutch will be very upset if you get his web site shut down. But with the economy the way it is, the US being in perpetual war, somehow I think the "authorities" have better things to deal with.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Interesting that the secret service is involved now.

16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It is a crmie to threaten the president on bbs or anywhere else. I don't know if threatening a presidential candidate publicly is a crime as well.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Off with his head!

From NBC/NJ's Adam Aigner
    ALLENTOWN, Penn. -- After not attacking Obama in last night's debate as forcefully as his campaign had in previous days, McCain was back on the offensive today at a rally at Lehigh University with his running mate Sarah Palin.

As seen at recent McCain events, this afternoon's crowd was vocal in their support for McCain and their anger with Senator Obama. At one point one man could be heard yelling, "Off with his head," when McCain spoke about Obama's tax plan. That enthusiasm was even more present during Palin's remarks, and as other observers have reported in the past, today there was a sizeable number of people making their way towards the exit after McCain's running mate left the podium.
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/08/1517943.aspx

Even Fox News see's the problem:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/08/cameron-rallies-terrorist/

#97 Oski2005, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  18. IROC it

Dude... I mean I hit the "report" button. As a suggestion that he police it to keep the feds from snooping it.

Give me some credit... my goodness. :rolleyes:

19. mc mark

Well, when you use words like "authorities" what are us libpigs too think?

;)

20. IROC it

Well... I tried my best T_J on that one... :D