1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you stop Obama? "Kill him" according to McCain/Palin supporter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Oct 6, 2008.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

$20 dollars says it was a right wing plant so the right wing will think it was a left wing plant to get the sympathy vote to drum up the anti sympathy vote.

you cannot deny my logic

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was wondering about this too but the best I can understand it is that the party can pick a replacement which would require another convention. In that situation Hillary Clinton, Biden and anyone elses name could come up for nomination. There's another problem though which is that voting has already started in some states and ballots are already printed in others so it might be too late to run another candidate in which case Obama still ends up running and if the Obama / Biden ticket wins then Biden takes presidency.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It wasn't obvious, especially since you took the opportunity to type Senator Obama, rather than Barack Obama. It implied that he was being disrespectful by not using "Senator". That list took less than 5 minutes.

At this point McCain's platform overall tends to coincide with my views more so than Obama's. I am disappointed that McCain didn't do a better leadership job with respect to the "rescue/bailout" plan, but Obama didn't do anything to sway me either.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Palin’s crowds are turning into dangerous Mobs. I really hope this doesn’t get ugly or someone ends up hurt.

from today's WaPo --

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is this the 1968 election or 2008 election? How sad.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you would have read the post I quoted, you would have read that poster referring to Obama as "B.O.". That is the whole point of quoting posts, so that people will know which post to which one is responding.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would hope that Palin and McCain start at least speaking to their crowds before it gets worse.

Some of these McCain/Palin supporters are truly disgusting human beings.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

And so begins America's great march backwards through history.

Someone should put the Republican party out of its misery...

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

do these albeit very few wacko palin supporters know about her preacher

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if they got footage of that. Ought to be interesting.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hmm, not surprised. I think the campaign is aware of this because at another stop, they kept the press sequestered away from the crowd and wouldn't let them leave to try and interview any of the local supporters. Hopefully the reporters will stop being passive in having their rights trampled on and say "no, you can't keep me away from an open public event," and maybe they should start documenting the incidents like in mc mark's post with a camcorder.

EDIT: I wonder if "sit down boy" will become part of McCain/Palin's stump speeches? I mean there were two Republican politicians who called Obama "uppity" but because racism doesn't exist, I didn't see the point of posting those stories.

#71 Oski2005, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  12. mc mark

It happened again this morning at another Palin rally. Someone in the crowd yelled out “treason” when she was talking about Obama.

I’m beginning to think these people are plants by the McCain campaign to send the crowds into mob frenzies. McCain and Palin can’t outright call Obama these things so they are having people in the audience drive the news cycle. They are playing with political dynamite.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Depends on whether McCain and/or Palin actually see these as bad things.

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

15. mc mark

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Why do you guys hate this country?

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Quoted for truth.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

We want the United States to be strong, where vast majority of the people prosper (not just a select few). Where people with differences can peacefully coexist unlike many other countries in the world. Does that mean we hate this country?

What have the last eight years of Republican administrations brought this country? Brink of financial disaster, a war that is total waste of money, lives, and American internation prestige/goodwill.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't even dignify that kind of crap with a response.

We've had to put up with 8 years of hate mongering and false patriotism.

No more.

(has Faos edited his post to put a winking smiley face in there yet to let us all know he's "just joking"?)