1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes [Season 3]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChrisBosh, Sep 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. aghast

aghast Member

Because, Qazi, one went "high," one went "low." When opposing a god, that's usually a winning strategy. Everytime.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Great ending to a great season, I can't wait for Season 4!!!! :D

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

lmao nice!

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I don't think the absorbee has to be using a power for Peter to absorb it. Don't forget the scene where Peter absorbs Mohinder's strength. Wasn't Mohinder sitting still?

Also Sylar is using his ability. He said earlier that he was using the shapeshifting power to move the off switch.

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

The finale was ok. I am a little interested in what they're doing with the fake Nathan. Overall though, I think I'm done with the show. Too many inconsistencies and weak writing.

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I finally gave up on the show with about 6 episodes left this season. Sad, because that first season was so solid.

Just wanted to read in here and see if they were able to right the ship. Doesnt sound like it.

7. lalala902102001

I gave up on this show midway through the season also. The first half of the season was just too bad for me to bear.

So sounds like there is gonna be another season of more of the same here? They should really can this show so that Chuck gets renewed.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

2 NitPicky Logic Problems [for say they trying to keep it real world]

1. Peter going to the president sans his brother and saying " HEY! I'm peter . .we have not met. . but I want to touch you so I can imitate you cause this other guy wants to touch you to imitate you and take over as president. . . ."
    President and all his men saying "That sounds like a kewl plan"

2. A Knocked Sylar in the presidents car surrounded by the president's men . . . but they allow to merrily take him away to be disposed of. . . . did i mention sylar is a shapeshifting superhuman???? This would be like them finding a nuke in the president's car and allowing the local PD take it home. . . . .

Question: At this point .. . the general populace of the world do not know they exist . . .. why would the government let the cat out the bag??

Rocket River

9. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I shall be using this great strategy in 2012 when fighting off Mayan demons!

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

so watched it last night and i am not sure really

the season started off ok, then dipped hard but made a strong comeback the past 4-5 episodes i thought.

the whole fight with sylar i a dont even know how peter could even touch him.

then how was sylar flying outside the window when he threw nathan back in?

i can understand the need to not kill sylar since he could become nathan but how long will parkman's mind f***over work? the small volume 5 intro showed that sylar could be coming back. it just seems weird to me

was adrian pasdar (sp?) asked to be gone from the show for a little while since it seems that he may be moving on to movies and bigger projects?

it seems like a very deflated season ending to me personally after the last few episodes were actually really good but i guess its over for now.

honestly like a poster said above i dont see how they are going to be able to keep the show going i would say it gets cancelled by next seasons end.

it doesnt seem like there is any direction for the show right now

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they can't think of anything else but battle with sylar at end of season, sylar doesn't really die. repeat.

they need to renew sarah connor, that's the better show and summer glau rocks!

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Weak season finale IMHO...but that's par for the course for this show...overall, the season came on strong toward the end and its shows...

I do agree some of the stuff was "out there" as Rocket River suggested, but it's TV...

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This show has so much potential, but it seems they are trying to kill it. I don't know why they have Hiro and Ando. I thought Ando had a supercharge ability for powers, not a bolt of power. Hiro, who is probably the most powerful person, once again loses his powers because his body is rejecting his powers? Baby Parkman? Why? I too am done with this show.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I just finished catching up after missing the last 5 episodes due to watching 24. It got better. Kind of. It doesn't totally suck but I'll be pissed if they keep Heroes while not renewing Chuck. That'd just be wrong.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kewl Plot Idea - they should use

They should of course have sylar killing again
    play with it all season . . have you thinking the Nathan Conditioning did not take.
    Then reveal that someone took the metal out of the shapeshifter's head
    and he is the new sylar
    [I mean . . .I figure there is a genetic component to thier powers
    and the Shapeshifter is a genetic copy of sylar . . . per the - I need to touch them
    and get their DNA]

It would be kind of a kewl way to have Sylar on Sylar battle at then end

I guess my point is. . they got some things they can do to clean this up
    but
    I don't know if i trust the writers to be more inventive. . .

Rocket River
    I have to look back at season one and rewatch
    was it inventive. . or were we just so hungry for it . . .

16. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The only problem with this is that they already took the metal out of his head. HRG did it and found out it wasn't the real sylar when he didn't rez. even if that had not happened, didn't they burn the body at the end of the finale.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I always figured they were burning Nathan's body.

But yeah, shapeshifting dude is dead. HRG pulled out the metal spike to prove to himself it wasn't Sylar and the wound never healed. The shapeshifter was able to copy Sylar's appearance but not his abilities. So no healing and none of Sylar's other powers either. Even if he were brought back, he couldn't battle Sylar/Nathan and be on the same level.

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

they showed the body close enough to tell it was Sylar. HRG even stated they had a body in the freezer of building 26. They needed that body to show "Sylar" was really dead. They burned it in front of Claire and Peter, who didn't know Nathan was dead. Only HRG, Angela and Parkman knew the truth.