1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes [Season 3]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChrisBosh, Sep 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

It starts Sept 22nd, with a 2 hour premiere.

Anyone still interested in this show after disastrous Season # 2?

I think the show was a one trick pony, though I’d love to be proven otherwise, so I’m going to give it another chance. They’ve definitely got to get rid of the doomsday storyline...though I have a feeling we haven’t heard the last of the virus that Peter supposedly destroyed.

2. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Disastrous season 2? What?

It was no Season 1, but to call it a disaster. I don't know about that. I will say this , as an avid fan I can't wait for season 3 to start. Should definitely be interesting :)

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

Season 2 was a huge waste of time. All of the new characters and plotlines went nowhere and got swept under the rug. The creators of the show even admitted that season 2 was an abortion.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Season 2 started out bad but then they listened to the fans and got it back on track quickly. Too bad that the strike ruined the rest of the season and forced them into a hasty ending.

I'm optimistic for season 3.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I felt after season 1 that Heroes was a one-trick pony. It seemed like a show that wouldn't be able to recapture the magic. The first few episodes of season 2 seemed to confirm that. I got tired of it after about 5 episodes and recorded the rest. After watching the final 6-7 episodes last week, it's apparent the writers picked up the slow pace and improved it.

After the disastrous start last year, I expect season 3 to burst out of the gate with strong episodes to capture interest.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Okay it wasn't that bad, but it was way below the standard Season One had placed on the show.

Copycat girl, I don't know what her purpose was, her story was BORING.

Mya/brother making that season long trip from Mexico. This in itself nearly got me to stop watching...

.....these 2 storylines didn't add any intrigue to the plot...Season 1 had more interesting stories...more action.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I hate it when people say that, Season 2 was awesome. Half the people who said bad things about it didn't even watch it. I swear. I don't know how they could have done it any better.

8. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

Well I mean because it got cut off, but the Mya person's power she's intriguing because of Sylar gets it, it's game over. But yeah season 2 wasn't that bad, but only due to the strike and it didn't live up to the high standard set by season 1. But I am excited about season 3, I think its gonna be amazing and I like the main focus, the heroes turning to villains seems interesting.

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

All tension and drama became meaningless in season 2 when it was revealed that Claire's blood could bring people back from the dead. The writers really painted themselves into a corner in season 2 with that plot point. If that loophole doesn't get resolved (and quick), then what's the point anymore of the show? Giant reset button that can be used anytime = boring.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Season 3 looks really interesting with Villians as the theme. I got tired of Sylar, and the paper co. The development of Adam was too slow. The show didn't have enough villians and surprises. This new season looks like it will introduce a some new villians and even betrayal by old heroes.

This season will provide some additional danger and conflict. Best of all, the writers strike is over.

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

There were definite plot points that went nowhere or made no sense.

Also Peter is basically invincible, so is there ever really any urgency?

I'll still be tuning in for the third season, but they've got problems to clear up.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The part that confused me in season 2, is when the Haitian neutralized Peter's abilities. Kristen Bell, who was closer to the Haitian, was able to shoot a bolt of electricity at Peter. He has selective neutralization?

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

[​IMG]

LOOPHOLE RESOLVED.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If his head is blown off there's no coming back. He has his weakness. More than anything, Peter's naivety is his main weakness. Season 1 and 2 show that Peter is his own worst enemy. I really thought that was what makes this show awesome.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am excited for season 2 to start. I have already heard some things that we will get in the first two episodes (both on Monday night) that will be fantastic lead ins to the "Villains" book.

16. AGBee

AGBee Member

Nobody stays dead in comic books :p

17. sook

sook Rookie

stopped watching after season 1, just seemed stupid after that.

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Maybe that's why no one reads them anymore. :)

19. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I'm vague on Season 2 right now but didn't they only use her blood on her father? If so, they could say that it only works on non-heroes. Problem solved.

Then again, it's been a while since I watched Season 2 and I could be missing a plot point.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to it...It's got to be better than that piss poor half season last year...