1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes [Season 3]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChrisBosh, Sep 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Holy crap, you are right dude. Peter left her out of time in a future that doesn't even exist now. The writers totally dropped the ball on that by even having him leave her behind in the first place, hell the whole going to Ireland thing was a stupid plot to begin with. It will never be revisited though, doing a quick search I found this:

Don’t expect Peter to ever again reference his season-two love interest, whom the super-compassionate male nurse abandoned to a nightmarish alternate future. From IGN.com’s report on the presentation:

When the fan asked if Peter would ever acknowledge Caitlin or express any grief over what seems to be her dire fate, Kring replied, "No, we passed it. We leapfrogged it." He added that when the idea of returning to Caitlin was brought up, they asked, "Really? Are we going to risk that? We have enough stuff to [deal with]."

#461 Oski2005, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It was a weak episode, with sylar's lockdown idea not really a season finale type of confrontation. Nathan and Claire's development has been ridiculous and not really believable, and I never thought it possible to get tired of looking at Kristen Bell, but I was glad to see her written off.

The real plus side is that I think I can finally stop watching the show. Villains was pretty self contained, no stupid cliffhanger to make me want to watch fugitives.

3. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

Here's another continuity error. NY explosion was supposed to be November 2006. Season two happened six months later, so it's around mid 2007. Season 2 ended right when Nathan got shot and season 3 picked it up then and there, so I'm estimating that the current time in Heroes is about mid to late 2007. Now three months later we are supposed to believe that it's somehow 2009 and Obama is president?

I liked season 3, but I thought the mid-season finale was a little letdown. Didn't really tie the story together, and didn't really leave a cliffhanger.

4. Nero

Nero Member

Oh yeah, just like in 24.. Jack Bauer was running around for years helping 'obama' as president, because he's, you know, a person of dark pigmentation, and therefore it must have been a direct reference to obama.

Or, maybe, it's just a fictional story, and the president happened to be a person of dark pigmentation.

:D

5. tulexan

tulexan Member

I think people are reading way too much into the President being black

6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

So now Worf is president? Awesome. I totally expected him to tell Nathan, "If you were any other man, I would kill you where you stand." I'm praying for a Brent Spiner VP pick. :)

Last night, although the episode in general kind of sucked, I saw two things that gave me hope for the future of Heroes:

1) Two people with powers actually... GASP... used their powers in combination with each other to achieve something. And what they created was a DIFFERENT ability. Okay, NOW we're getting somewhere.

2) Time travel, for the most part (except for what I was talking about above in #1), is DEAD on the show. Hiro and Peter don't have that ability anymore, and Arthur Petrelli is hopefully dead. Now, if we could just take care of the whole "I can see the future" ability and cut off Claire's ability to bring dead people back to life with her blood, I think the show might actually be moving in the right direction, away from deus ex machina crutches.

I am cautiously optimistic regarding Fugitives.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Or like in 1998 when in the movie "Deep Impact" they showed Obama as president when a comet is threatening to destroy the earth.

8. Cannonball

Well, I'm wondering if the formula gave Peter back his initial ability and consequently all of his other powers as well. Back in season one, when training with Claude to learn how to control his powers, Peter said he only needed to remember how people made him feel to use them. So if he got his initial power back, he could still have all of the powers he had, including time travel.

I'm wondering what's going to happen to Hiro. He was fairly useless with his powers. What's he going to be without them?

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think Heroes is a secret way to relauch ST TNG again, just watch lets see how long it takes for Marina Stritis to show up..... ;)

Last nites episode was kind of bleh. Should have been better and Nathan's turn on a coin attitude is just as silly as some of the character U turns we've seen this season.

The Fugitives volume looks like it might have some promise but like someone mentioned it is starting to get a very X-men feel to it

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

For a 3rd volume finale, it kind of sucked...The Obama thing, the anti-climactic ending, to nudity, I mean, c'mon...;)

I think they realize the 3rd installment sucked and that's why the have to immediately do the 4th in February...I have to say I'll probably watch unless its in the same time plot ...

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't know if yall would be interested, but my podcast is doing a live roundtable review of last night's episode with David Lawrence (the guy who played the puppet master)

If you are interested in listening live the link is http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/28802

It will start at 8pm EST (7pm Central) and should last about an hour. You can watch the game and listen at the same time (believe me I tried to get him to do it at a different time because the game would be on, but you know how busy actors can be ;) ) or you can listen to the recording of it later.

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'm thinking Peter will have to start over again in collecting powers, which means no teleporting or time travel. He only had the power of flight since he was near Nathan. (Notice he didn't use any other power.)

13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

My theory is that at some point, Ando is going to super charge Hiro/Peter and re "activate" their powers.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

He's also near Meredith's bro who controls fire,doesn't that mean he also has that power too?

Well,I hope Peter can get all of his previous powers back. :D

Sadly Nathan's gonna fight against Peter and other people who have abilities,that's darn shame on Nathan,he can fly.

BTW,when is Season4 coming out?I didn't see its release date,can't wait to watch.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

theyve got a lot to do to face a better direction in fugitives, and sadly theres no way around it other than wiping out 80% of the cast. Theyve twisted each character around too much, its exhausting and annoying.

The only good thing was arthur, who they made too damn confusing and powerful. Future sylar was cool too.

16. myco

myco Contributing Member

Kind of off topic, but I wonder if HRG now remembers seeing claire in the past and now realizes it was future claire back then. Good riddance to time travel...yeesh, just really mucks up storylines.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am slowing starting to turn on this show last nights episode was total crap IMO.

i hate how things can be so easily reset in this show.

things that bothered me:

why didnt daphne create an infinite loop when she first touched ando and went back a few seconds and saw herself?

how did hiro, ando, daphne come back to the present? i mean i guess they went far back enough to get hiro but how could she move forward in time?

peter giving himself the formula and saying it was to save nathan...nathan could have flown out of there himself easily i wish he would have said it was to save himself since he knew nathan would let him die in the fire. peter's "noble" attitude is really starting to wear on me he is just a total wuss and even though he can see the bigger picture of things he won't act to stop anything. nathan's attitude of jumping back and forth..enough already

i really hope sylar isnt dead but surviving a fire bomb in the building when he is temporarily dead seems unlikely. the only way is if one of the remaining escapees from level 5 (i counted 2 dead out of the 3) rescued him but i dont see the reason behind doing something like that. but he should have been burnt to a crisp.

If ando's powers are to "supercharge" other people's powers than in the future was he trying to save hiro by hopefully charging him to give him powers back? if the formula was made than hiro could have easily gotten his powers back and then ando was trying to super charge a time traveler? makes no sense yet i guess. what about future hiro with the samurai sword that visited peter in the subway in season 1?

there have been so many open-ended plots and holes in this show and they just sort of sweep it under the rug like it never happened. granted season 2 did not happen the way they wanted to go but so far season 3 hasnt been that much better than season 2.

i will watch volume four but the writers do have a lot to explain, this whole x-men type angle coming up looks interesting but not sure how it will play out but if volume 4 is more of the same then i am going to stop watching the show.

18. Cannonball

February 2, the day after the Super Bowl.

It's weird. They took a normal 23-24 episode season and split it in two. It's running on the exact same schedule as Chuck except that they're just calling it Chuck Season 2 instead of Season 2 and Season 3.

It's really one season divided into two chapters and I'm wondering if they did it so that they could put out 2 DVD box sets instead of 1.

19. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Thanks for the tip pal.

LOL,maybe they did it all because they hope they could earn more money during this economic crisis period.

I hate that it's just one season but divided into 2!Let all of us wait again,it's not a long period though.

Anyway,I ain't gonna buy no DVD or Bluray if any.Just download it off the net. :p

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

She caught up with herself, much like the dog in Back to the Future

The same way she moved backward is how she moved forward. With Ando she can travel faster than the speed of light, so theoretically she can move through time and space just like Hiro could.

That bothered me a bit as well, but imho Peter just wanted his ability back. He had no idea he was going to be able to fly, but he figured he might get his ability back and be able to fly.

Nathan is a typical politician, ;) how often do they flipflop their attitude when it suits their own agenda

Or Angela pulled him out after Claire went to rescue her mother and Noah. That's my personal theory. We only see Noah and Claire running from the firebomb that is Meredith, so who knows if she pulled out Sylar or not??

That's a future that no longer exists. When they stopped NY from exploding that changed the course of time and badarse Hiro didn't exist after season 1.

Season 3 will get better, I promise :) I try not to worry about the plot holes, but I can see how they annoy people.

They are trying to fill the holes as the season goes on, but we will see how successful that is.

I think Fugitives has promise from the spoilers I have heard.