1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hayes, Rockets Reach Agreement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #1draftpik, Jul 31, 2007.

1. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

A good news, wait for the update info about deal with Deke :D

2. Ashes

Ashes Member

Why four years? I would have much rather preferred 2 years.

3. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

LOL!! that is soo true. Barkley has a jacked up golf swing!

4. Sextuple Double

As long as it doesn't exceed $10mil for the 4yrs.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

There'll be three of us now. I thought I was the only one who wore a Chuck jersey to the games until I saw someone else from the board with one during Game 2.

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

And God knows, if the Celtics are too much of a threat, we'll sic Chuck on KG. If he can take out Shaq, KG doesn't stand a chance.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I plan to wear mine at the two games closest to me, Detroit and Indiana :) Of course, I have a Chuck t-shirt and a jersey. LOL And I am probably the only one with every one of his basketball cards too.

8. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

i would be happy if we paid him anything up to 4 mil a year. the dude is our only legit PF right now.

9. onethreeeleven

Any ideas as to the terms of the deal?

10. foo82

foo82 Member

Where can you find a #44 Jersey? I tried looking online, but can't seem to find one.

11. Mad Max

Mad Max Member

I'm a Kentucky and rockets fan, so I'm as happy as anyone to see Chuck resigned. There is no way that Chuck lets down, one thing about chuck, in the 6 years that I've seen him ball, he is all about effort, so there's no way chuck lets that part of his game! The only thing I'm disappointed with Chuck is that he's never really improved his offensive game, throughout his college career or NBA career. As someone already mentioned here, chuck used to get the odd 20+ point games when he was a wildcat, but pretty much all of them was muscling his way in or on offensive put backs, it never seemed to come off of 15' jumpers or anything really outside the key. So hopefully this will get him to change that shot up (not like it can get any worse) and get something that resembles an offensive game other than a pick and roll and him rolling to the basket.

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

you guys remember chucky brown? that guy hustled and played on a championship team. I do not see why Hayes who has more offensive talent than Brown can be the starter on a championship caliber team (or at least until Scola is ready).

13. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

And a jumpshot

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If I can remember correctly, Chucky Brown had a pretty descent mid-range jumpshot just like little Chucky Hayes. I can also remember Chucky Brown playing along side one of the most freakish athletes as far as center goes in Hakeem.

15. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

while you can argue that Scola may not be proven...its hard to say he's not a LEGIT PF.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Only place i remember seeing them is at the Rocketshop in Toyota Center. Haven't ever run across one online

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Depends on if you want an away or home.

You can find the replica's away jerseys for like 60 bucks on the nba store website. replica adult away

or you can pay the big bucks for the authentic home or away

Once you select the shirt, it lets you choose any of the players.

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This isn't Kentucky, it's the L and Chuck can only score within 5 feet of the bucket or 10 ft on a very good night. We needed offense and offensive rebounds against Utah and got neither.

Chuck is a great regular season bench guy, however, he is not starter for a WC team. I think he can be an effective energy guy for about 15 min a game depending on the matchups. Against quality coaches they are going to sag off him and give him the shot, which eliminates his passing ability. Plus he has no hops to speakoff, he's poor man Mike Harris.

19. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Don't hate on Hayes because he values substance over style. Spreading the floor is wayyyy overrated compared to offensive efficiency. I mean just look at Mr. 15 foot jumper - Juwan Howard. His style over substance game has brought him a lot of $$$ but not many wins.

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Hayes is such a scrub it's not even funny....I like the hustle he brings as much as the other guy, but as a PF the guy SUCKS, yes he can rebound, he has the ability to find the ball, however all other aspects of his game are bench warmer POOR!!!! He can't defend a ligit PF, he can't shoot, he can't create, he can't pass....a 4 year contract...that's funny....