1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Harden is 100th in FG%........no more ball hoggin'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Dec 19, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Somehow there are people who think Harden ruins this team...

2. ibm

ibm Member

curious to know what are the opponents' ppp when harden is on/off the court.

also, what is his assist/turnover ration and how's it ranked.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He's lost A TON of value too.

Ridiculous

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

If his TS% was still over 60%? Sure, why wouldn't you. It doesn't matter how you get your points. All that matters is how efficient his output is.

I'm speaking from his value as an NBA player, it wouldn't change if he were shooting a lower fg% but his TS% stayed over 60%. Now, from a fan perspective there may be people jumping off of his bandwagon but who cares about that?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No there isn't, I have not seen a SINGLE person say that, people are just wanting him to play a more balanced game, you know LEAD the team with effort.

It is all about expectations, and having your best player (Harden) play hard and lead the team - he is not ruining it.

Personally, I have said he is the problem and the solution - if he does a bit less on offense and trusts his teamates with the ball EARLIER in the shot clock, and moves his body, and plays decent defense - the team is much better than him dominating the ball - no one else touching it - and being a saloon door on D.

DD

6. ibm

ibm Member

the last 2 things you mentioned,,, i dont know if he will ever do - even if he wants to...

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I don't know where to get the on/off court ppp for opponents but I can tell you that the opponents TS% is +.032 when Harden is on the court. For comparision, opponents TS% are +.049 when Danny Green is on the court. Likewise, opponents TS% for other players are Jimmy Butler +.028, Derrick Rose +.021, Blake Griffin +.022, DeAndre Jordan +.025 and Chris Paul +.016.

To me the most interesting Rockets related number for this stat is related to Ariza. So far this season opponents TS% is +.028 when Ariza is on the floor. Last season opponents TS% was -.004 when Ariza was on the floor. That's a rather large change for our defensive stopper. To compare, Harden was +.026 last season.

As for assist to T/O ratio, here's the numbers for the league's top 10 scorers:
    Curry 1.63
    Harden 1.48
    Durant 1.34
    LBJ 1.73
    George 1.05
    Westbrook 2.09
    Lillard 1.94
    Cousins 0.88
    Griffin 2.22
    A. Davis 0.68

Here's another interesting stat: Our percentage of turnovers/possession is slightly higher when Harden is on the bench.

#87 aelliott, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not a good day for the crap on Harden brigade.

I really have to believe either a lot of people have a non basketball issue with the guy or just really have a hard time making sense of what they are watching when they watch The Rockets. No other explanation for the hate a guy this damn good gets.

9. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Dude, it's all the mindless drones who instead of forming an opinion for themselves, resort to believing all the hype they hear from the national media heads.

Granted this thread is about Harden, watching how Dwight gets treated from the league and the media I've never seen such. I was talking with old school BBS(er) "Turbo" the other day and we were talking about, "well it was bad with Yao getting hacked all the time." My response to him was, yes it was bad for Yao, but that was on one side of the court. Dwight will get hacked on the offensive end with no call (a la Yao Ming) but then on the defensive end he will get called for "weak" fouls that I don't see anyone else in the league getting called for as consistently.

All that said. The hate with the Rockets is real. It has carried over from Dwight to Harden and now even Houstonians and Rockets fans are guilty of drinking the ESPN/TNT hate-o-raid.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Where did this troll come from?

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Seems like this should close the case on a lot of anti-Harden arguments. Wish ppl who put forth the arguments would look up the stats first. Thanks!

12. MistaK

MistaK Member

Just had to bum this. One more game, so let's look at Harden's shooting averages

Currently Harden is shooting:

FG 44% (career 44%)
    3PT 36% (career 37%)
    FT 86% (career 86%)

I guess his shooting averages have pretty much evened out after all.

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

*bump (can't edit)

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My goodness, how much can one man do?

Harden needs helps. That's the bottom line.

15. MistaK

MistaK Member

Agree...That's the bottom line indeed!

16. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden is just about the only thing good about the Rockets.

29/8/6/1.5

He is one of the top 5 players in the NBA, unfortunately he is surrounded by garbage.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wrong. He's THE problem! Haven't you heard? Just a ball hogging chucker!

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's not top 5 this year and probably won't even make all NBA second team.

Now if you are sending this from the past then you're right

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Who are significantly more valuable sgs than him in your opinion?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well I didn't say significantly, but curry, Westbrook and cp3 will get in before him easily. After that klay, lowry, Butler. I don't like lillard.

Last year Harden was better than all except Curry