1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is 100th in FG%........no more ball hoggin'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Dec 19, 2015.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stick with the assists, get the ball to Dwight more, and stop ball hogging and shooting so much. It's not shooting to be lead scorer that wins games, but doing as you did tonight, and letting the better shooters make more shots. Otherwise, we need to trade you for someone who doesn't poison us with selfishness. Dwight and team deserve a TEAM player as their point guard.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Why do people call him a top 3 offensive player?

He has his step back which is usually a miss and his flop that works sometimes

He chokes in the playoffs season after season got carried by Corey Brewer and Josh Smith

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Harden is not a point guard.

4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I just feel we should trade him for a player that doesn't settle for mediocre. I'd love to have a star that's a leader and strives to get better each season

2 people like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Edward Harden, Jr. is the Houston Rockets point guard.

1 person likes this.
  6. ibm

ibm Member

i think for harden tonight, the effort on defense was better.

7. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lol, fg%. harden is an efficient offensive player.

1 person likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hahahahahahahahahaha... Oh myyyy

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

y'all can find the dumbest **** to post about....

10. ibm

ibm Member

what? did i set the bar too low? :p

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

5 star thread.
    Would read again

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't know. I never understood the hype. All I see is a big beard with an ego that needs reigned in most of the time, arms flailing to draw fouls.

1 person likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree! His need to be high scorer, regardless of how many blown shots he takes, ignoring Capella or Dwight waving arms for the ball. Bring on more Alley-oops and fast paced skilled shots. Dribble dribble flailing arms, drawing fouls, free throws and and hacking bores me to tears. Play ball boys! Just play ball!

14. MistaK

MistaK Member

So much STUPIDITY on this board.

Harden is pretty much the only player on this team that other teams will respect, even with his shot being off. With him on the floor, everybody else gets plenty of open looks. Despite him having shot poorly this season, he is still one of the most efficient offensive players in the league. AND Harden is pretty much the best shooter on this team - even if the numbers don't reflect that as of yet. You want him to be aggressive - his averages will get back to normal during the course of this season.

Also don't pretend like he usually doesn't get his teammates involved. Is he perfect creating for everyone on this team all the time - of course not and and times it can be frustrating - but it would help if someone else on this team could actually run the offense.

Everyone gets a lot of open looks every game - only this season, more often than not, this team can't seem to hit a shot.

Just take the Clippers game - arts 2 to midway through the 3rd where Ariza, Terry, Brewer got plenty of good looks from Harden that they just couldn't convert. Midway through the 3rd + 4th that changed and this is where most of Harden's assists (after the first quarter came from). He drove kicked it out and on 3-4 straight possessions they hit their shots. That is the difference.

On a side note: Now the first quarter, before the hacking crap started - this is definitely the best I've seen the Rockets play since last season. Everybody defended, players moved, cut and hit their shots. I hope that is something they can build on.

Despite all the negativity on this board. This season is not over. The Rockets have played way worse than what they are capable of and yet, thanks to a lot of teams struggling, they are still very capable of getting home court in the playoffs. Let's hope they build on this game and start going on their first extended winning streak of the season.

Oh and I have really really grown to hate Doc Rivers.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

It's hilarious how salty some people get on here. Paul George is shooting 36% in his last five games, and 43% for the season. He's also a 42.8% career shooter, but according to many experts on this forum, George has been a far superior player this season.

What?

And then, there is the classic:

"Mann... Harden is drunk. Wtf beard. Being passive as hell, shoot the damn ball. We aren't going to win anything without you taking the lead."

And yet, when Harden aggressively looks for his shot, we get:

"Wtf. Harden is 100th in FG %, stop being a ball hog and pass the damn ball."

And the most ironic part of all of this, is that this thread was after a Rockets win in which Harden took just 13 shots ..?

Is there something I am missing here? What the hell is wrong with all of you (well not all, but you know). It wouldn't matter which star player we had here, people would still be b****ing. Just pathetic.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I noticed it in the Lakers game. He was more of a team player. I like it.

1 person likes this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Harden should know Kobe retired early because of Dwight. Kobe and Dwight didn't play well their only season together as a team, but if the Lakers had kept them together for a few more seasons. I know Kobe would not hang up his shoes this year and they would be a top 8 team in the Western Conference. Harden will always be #1 go to scorer, but to be a playoff team, they need Dwight. We should learn from the Spurs, they build around Tim Duncan. LaMarcus was signed to replace Duncan when his time is up. Watch the Spurs build around him instead of Kawhi. It is no secret the Rockets play better from inside out. If Harden feels it, he will give us 40, 50 games, but if he doesn't feel it, he should not have to bombed us out of games which he didn't do tonight. Besides the Spurs and the Warriors having better records the past few weeks in the Western Conf., we are next with 7-3. Finish strong!!!

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Hi Mrs. Dwight's mom!

this **** is like a quarter of a notch more clever than "Houston, we have a problem" headlines.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Alright calm down Debbie

20. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

found the first 2 people im going to add to my ignore list from this thread