1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think so? I'm not so sure...

He should just play the campaign and firefight offline...

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

As long as your offline your safe from the ban hammer playing on a modded xbox online is dumb IMO.

only a few more days till reach picking up legendary tuesday morning!

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Can't wait to start raping everyone. Gonna have to shoot you though for getting the flaming helmet. I've gotten in one game that had a guy with a flaming helmet.

[​IMG]

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe src="http://www.bungie.net/Silverlight/bungiemediaplayer/embed.aspx?fid=2097" scrolling="no" style="padding:0;margin:0;border:0;" width="640" height="360" ></iframe>

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1191

<iframe src="http://www.bungie.net/Silverlight/bungiemediaplayer/embed.aspx?fid=2182" scrolling="no" style="padding:0;margin:0;border:0;" width="640" height="360" ></iframe>

(Someone from Bungie getting dropped a couple times, note the blue flames.)
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2161

Sweet! People are uploading clips on Bungie.net already. Be careful if you go -- it seems like some people are uploading clips of campaign.

Some people have the game already (from retailers releasing early), if you know one you can view their reach profile already.

There are longer ones, but these are just a couple that are short and sweet.

Edit: It looks like their embed isn't working properly; the links do however. I'm leaving them in case they suddenly decide to work.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe src="http://www.bungie.net/Silverlight/bungiemediaplayer/embed.aspx?fid=2142" scrolling="no" style="padding:0;margin:0;border:0;" width="640" height="360" ></iframe>

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2139

Some nice shots in this one. Same story as vids above; link works, embedded is currently getting an error. Hopefully it comes back.

6. juicystream

These are impressive.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How in the heck do people get so damn good at Halo? Jesus Christ...

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Practice; and some people are just flat out better than others.

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Some spent long hours playing like MW2 either no job or young school age kids. I consider myself above average player, but lose to 12 year olds who spend 12hrs a day to my 2 hrs tops.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol are you gonna be on tuesday? the flaming helmet is gonna be sweet :grin:

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Playing an immense amount of hours will get you good, but there are also a lot of people who are just good no matter what game they play. Typically they don't have to play extended hours to "hang" with the kids you're referring to. Every little bit helps, of course.

13. juicystream

I hope so. Unfortunately September 15th is the last day to file tax returns for partnerships, corps, and trusts, so I may be working my ass off on Tuesday night. FedEx says my package's estimated arrival is Monday at 4:30, so I'm really hoping to get it then, but doubt I will.

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Some people are meant for being good at Halo, some are not. You either have the skill or you don't, you should be able to tell who you are after a couple weeks of playing.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Or you just spend every waking hour playing it.

I'll buy that some people are better than others; that's obvious. I'll even buy that a rare, rare few are just plain good without ever trying. But make no mistake, most who want to be that good have no life and hence spend countless hours fine tuning their skills.

#115 JunkyardDwg, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just because certain people choose to play more than others doesn't mean they don't have a life. Maybe that's their preferred hobby, maybe they make money doing it, etc. You have the right idea, and you're right about the majority having to play extended hours to be proficient. However, I personally know plenty of people who will just pick up a controller and be better than the vast majority of people playing (regardless of how much time they put in).

The whole "no life" thing is usually the first excuse someone throws up when they get embarrassed by someone better.

#116 seclusion, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Yeah I've used that excuse, not ashamed to admit. And you have a point.

But I can't help but picture the South Park WoW episode when that happens (usually after I put their mics on mute because they're annoying the s*** out of me).

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

oh cool well ill be on all week hopefully u get all that work done and ill catch u and mae online

19. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Those kids are good, hit me up Mataquaz281 once halo reach is released I need you to fend off those youngsters from me.

20. A00man

A00man Member

We definitely need to get some Clutchfans games going once the game comes out on Tuesday.

My gamertag is Rocket786. I just added Mataquaz281.