1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I can't WAIT.

I despise Halo3's gameplay, but I was hooked on the Reach Beta.
    I've been playing Halo3 a lot recently to get ready. If you're interested in playing add my gamertag "seclusionx". Usually when people add my gamertag from the BBS I never end up playing with them. Hopefully that'll change here.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm not too excited about Reach, but will pick it up. Its a lot different than Halo 2/3. I at least look forward to new maps, new achievements, a new campaign, and new game types. I just really miss my BR. :(

And I play with Mae and Pull_Up_3. I'll go ahead and add you.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Ill add you when i get home i cant wait either no more dam derankers and boosters and i heard if u quit games you get banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes each time which is cool 2. Like james said no more br which is gonna really suck but gotta get used to the new weapons and abilities.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

*arkoe was promised that in Halo 3 that he was finishing the fight.

Then I got suckered into ODST. It's going to take major convincing from the people I play with online to talk me into shelling out the money to Bungie again as I didn't enjoy the gameplay of Halo 3 and ODST was a joke.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Already pre-ordered and paid for....woot !

DD

6. A00man

A00man Member

This one could be the one to top off the original. The campaign looks fantastic and a full blown firefight mode!

I'm not into competitive multi-player anymore as I don't have the time or patience to get as good as I was in Halo 2 during college. But firefight mode is what I'm looking forward to the most (besides the single player campaign). It was a lot of fun in ODST, but Reach looks to take it to another level. Halo's AI with unlimited options in firefight? Yes, please.

This seems more and more likely to take the GOTY crown away from Mass Effect 2 and God of War 3 for me.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Black Ops looks unimpressive and I might pick this game up instead.

8. juicystream

Pre-ordering today from Wal-Mart. I hate that the legendary edition gets the flaming helmet. I'll be buying the regular.

9. juicystream

Whats wrong with the game play in Halo 3? ODST I can see since it was very different(More like the Ghost Recon series than Halo).

And the fight is over. Reach is taking us back to the start of the fight. :eek:

10. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Looks like Muholland Dr. but for dancers. I'll pass

11. Jacks_Up_3s

Jacks_Up_3s Member

yeah you got to get used to new stuff lol ahhahahahahahahahahahha i hate de rankers too and ppl that buy 50 accounts and dont even know how to play and just waste your time and also ppl that lag the serve on purpose so they can win the match

12. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

maybe this or i will get lego harry potter. Halo 3 ruined the game for me, but i am grateful that it came out because i bought a 360 and got hooked on call of duty.

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Hopefully, I'll have it the weekend before launch (press credentials FTW!!!), but still play a lot of Halo, especially Grifball.

BSG Battle AXX

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Gears of War all the way! I can't really stand Halo anymore. I feel like they're dragging it out a bunch.

15. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Hope this is different from the rest, Halo has gone downhill every game. The original is still my favorite

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Love Halo. Good reason to have a 360 imo...

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I haven't touched an xbox controller since Halo 2... I don't know how people can still be excited over the same game year after year.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Madden anyone?

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Dude, that is the nature of sports translated to video games.

Halo isn't exactly modeled after a sport.

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Pretty much the same for me. God I miss those days my friends and I used to have massively long multiplayer ctf games in Halo, then playing online in Halo 2. Part of it was a lack of time and a large part of it also was that I just couldn't get into the Halo 3 multiplayer gameplay. IMO, the online experience wasn't as good as Halo 2.

But I've always loved the story and campaigns and Halo Reach looks to be no different. Already got it preordered, but I'm not wasting my money this time around on special editions.

What does bothers me though is the absolutely horrible second trailer released for the game. They couldn't come up with something like they did for Halo 3 with those Master Chief spots? Something epic? I mean the teaser had more of an impact than this new spot.