1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As far as weaponry goes, Halo was wayyyyyy before its time...

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

Really? Halo's weapons felt like a rip-off of Unreal Tournament's weapons from 2 years earlier.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And I'll go on record as saying I HATE the trend for FPSs to incorporate the regenerating health thing.

To me, the best thing Halo did was execution. They didn't really revolutionize anything when it came to the FPS world, but they did a lot of things really well, and the game caught on.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Um, because I said something that was a fact? I'm about to be 27 and I've been playing games since I was a toddler.

My first FPS was Wolfenstein, then Doom. Goldeneye, Counter-strike, RTCW....you name it. I know a good bit about FPS to say the least. Older players don't look down on Halo fans. They look down on ignorant children who believe Halo is the end all be all (which I don't).

Coincedently, you're the reason why intelligent posters look down on idiots.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

To be fair, regenerating health was something originally done in Halo. So -- yeah they did revolutionize quite a few things. As for them nailing what really worked; I can agree with that.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I look down on idiots because they are stupid.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You got it.

8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Halo CE did revolutionize the FPS genre on consoles, the control scheme really set that game apart from the others. It perfected FPS control on consoles and it took off from there.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Don't say stuff like that! "Older players" will "look down on you"! Telling the truth is baaaad.

10. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

did you ever play rainbow 6 3 or rainbow 6 3 black arrow for xbox? That was the game that FPS got me hooked into video games for good. I use to play on xbox connect (xbc) and someone wanted me to try that game and i just got addicted. Still it's the best FPS made and all of the vegas sequels to that game were terrible.

11. dback816

dback816 Member

Name me three things. No, wait. Name two.

This is why people look down on Halo fanboys such as yourself.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Two have been named in this very thread...

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Why do haters hate?

You don't have to think that Halo was the greatest game ever. You don't have to even like it. What you can't deny is that it was the catalyst of the FPS boom of the last generation and a half. Halo 2 was the most played game on Xbox live for YEARS.

YES there were other FPS games before halo. None of them exploded and captured the attention of so many people.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm a fanboy? How? You've yet to come up with a compelling argument of any sort. You just post random vague drivel and, try to come off like some sort of video game hipster.

I'll name 3 off the top of my head and previously mentioned (literacy doesn't seem to be your strong suit):

1. Health regen (shields).
    2. Control scheme.
    3. Party system on a console.

For fun:
    4. Map creation tools on a console
    5. Demo recording on a console
    6. Bungie.net

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't like any of the rainbow six games; I don't like worrying about what my squad is doing. I want them to do their own thing or get out of my way. Also I feel like there is a fine line between realism and fun. If I'm shot in the toe and die; its no longer fun.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

PS3 is better whine/cry, xbox360 is better whine/cry, rinse, repeat -- every videogame thread ever started at clutchfans.

All of you a goofy fanboys. :rolleyes:

Gamertag is Joshfast, ill be all over Halo Reach :p

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

You shouldn't have bit. The guy is a Sony fanboy who always tries to get attention in video game threads with the same kind of stuff. Usually he's ignored. Don't break the cycle!

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ah, that explains it.

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Halo Reach has popped up on torrent sites today... :)

Hooray...

20. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Older players? I've been playing games on home consoles for more than a couple of decades and still recall the day my dad brought home the Atari 2600, and I regard the Halo series very highly. But hey, I guess I'm just a noob fanboy. But hey, I'm sure the NEXT Resistance game will be the Halo killer you've been waiting for.

Shouldn't have fed the troll, but I figured I'd stoke the flames a bit.