1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

i wasn't on for a couple of days...my power went out because the power company thought i didn't pay my bill and they got me mixed up with another apartment. I just got on, what's your gt?

2. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

At the risk of people waving torches and pitchforks at me...I never like halo. I've watched people play it several times but I never got into it. Then again, I never got into COD/MW. I'm liking the whole halo universe though. Those designers are pretty much geniuses but seriously, whats so great about them?

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

"secLusionx"

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's been called the star wars of our generation for a reason. It originated so many aspects that are standards in fps these days.

Recharging health
    Limited weapons (prime/secondary)

That and it singlehandedly made console online play. It's what goldeneye would have been if there was net play back then.

5. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Didn't Counter Strike do that first?

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

If you are itching to play Halo Reach like me, watch some MLG this weekend. MLG Raleigh starts tomorrow night at 6:30 EST and is streamed the whole weekend on MLG's site for free. It is still Halo 3 and not Reach but these events are so much fun to watch.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.mlgpro.com/

They will also be streaming Starcraft 2 all weekend too if Halo 3 isn't your thing.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Now that is a trailer that gets me amped. Might have to watch Halo Legends again before the game comes out.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ah good point; good old counterstrike -- my first love. You're absolutely right.

Anyway, as far as consoles Halo was the first.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

My team and I are going to Washington dc for the combine (reach) in october.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Reach looks great... but man... Halo just LOOKS and FEELS the same every single game...

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Reach Beta was different. Very different. ODST was also very different.

12. A00man

A00man Member

13. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

That's really cool, Reach is gonna be a different game to adapt to (like switching from Halo 2 to 3 was) for all of the pros. So you guys might be able to do fairly well, good luck.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That and existing pros are not eligible for the combine. Hopefully we can make some noise, we all have major level competitive experience. Thank you.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was thinking, you asked what is so special about halo; a couple things.
    The feel / control of the weapons and overall gameplay. Especially in a multiplayer or team setting. The audio/sound, and in particular the music is some of the best in ANY game. Not just a FPS -- I've also found the story to be extremely engaging (great universe).

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

As long as ppl can accept a halo game with spartans and no master chief, it's a great game. They've added a lot of cool and different elements to multiplayer that really change up halo gameplay.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Technically Noble 6 is a lot like Master Chief by all accounts. You're MC without being named MC, basically.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=703327"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=703327" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

18. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Basically I'm going to become a bum. Sit at home, grow a beard with milk residue all over it, quit my job, get fired from my job, and look like hell. Sounds fun can't wait!

19. dback816

dback816 Member

This is why older players look down on Halo fans.

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member