1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Just finished the campaign yesterday...took me little over 12 hrs on Heroic. Yes all you 8 hrs on Legendary people can laugh your ass off. But I like taking my time going through a game.

I'd say it's the most complete Halo game, but I still think Halo 3 is my favorite. The simplistic story fit well, but I wasn't attached to these characters like I was those in previous games. And while there wasn't necessarily a standout level to me like in past games, unlike its' predecessors, there's not a bad level. The variety is far and away the best of the franchise and the addition of piloting a Sabre in space was pretty awesome. I thought they could have done much more in the end though...for that matter the beginning too. I like the idea of a simplistic story, but it could have been a bit more cinematic.

would have liked to see a cameo by Master Chief, if not in the end, then somewhere in the game..and to that end, it could have tied a little better into The Fall of Reach story.

I did love the brief mission after the credits. I think it brought an extra ounce of humanity to the Spartan character (Noble 6 and Master Chief) that you've never seen before in any of the Halo games.

2. theimpossibles1

Easy fix for that. Go to your dashboard and your Privacy settings, you can change the setting so you will only hear and talk to your LIVE friends.

You're welcome.

3. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

somebody already said it but yeah...anyone could beat it on legendary co-op with 2 more people in 8 hours. You just have one person stay back, and you and the other two teammates run in take out a few people until you die and then respawn. But single player legendary you have ammo issues most of the game. I remember fighting Hunters and having to use over 600 bullets in my assault rifle just to take one of them down. It's a lot more difficult and I'm a very good player in halo but it took me a while to beat it

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Beat the campaign on Legendary, alone. Wow I was kind of surprised it wasn't as near as difficult as I thought it would be. I've never beaten a campaign on Legendary (single player) before but maybe I just wasn't patient enough to keep playing. Playing it first on Heroic definitely helped since I knew what to expect. But parts of the missions that I expected to be pretty impossible, I got through pretty easily, once I figured out the trick to getting through it. Like fighting the Hunters in the club. in New Alexandria...in and out in 5 minutes without ever dying.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Coop doesn't mean at least 3, you can play it with 2 people. And Like I said earlier, I am also playing it on solo. I have never played a halo game before, but I don't find it too difficult. I'm about halfway through with very little time played. The only problem I am having is running out of weapons/ammo

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I beat it on legendary solo a couple days ago, good stuff.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I just ran/flew to the generator and ran out. left the Hunters alive. I was worried about the Hunters in Sword Base, but managed to get my Gauss Hog all the way to the base using a ghost to jump the barriers that block you.

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The Defiant Map Pack comes out tomorrow. Here is a tour/walkthrough of the 3 maps. They look pretty good

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A5oX6y_9q5M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>